Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

1 hour ago, chaozbandit said:

So that’s how your supposed to carry the tires. Lol

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

29 minutes ago, Bitter said:

Drive there and home on the race tires you wimp.

“So how did you put your Miata into that guardrail exactly?”

tho I guess that doesn’t really make sense because you can’t have too down in the rain. At least not if you want the interior to survive lol

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

48 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

“So how did you put your Miata into that guardrail exactly?”

tho I guess that doesn’t really make sense because you can’t have too down in the rain. At least not if you want the interior to survive lol

Get yourself one of these that fits four flat packed!

img.axd?id=4269142949&wid=&p=&ext=&w=0&h

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

1 hour ago, chaozbandit said:

Get yourself one of these that fits four flat packed!

img.axd?id=4269142949&wid=&p=&ext=&w=0&h

I agree that’s best. With one of those little hidden hitches 

miatas actually have a stated towing capacity in the manual. I think it’s like 700 lbs or so. Actually pretty decent if you think about it xD 

Spoiler

When I used to do autocross, there was a guy with a Gen 5 Corvette who had a hidden-hitch on it and then a custom made insert that would carry all four track tires. It was pretty slick.

It was literally just a bike carrier with the bars for the bikes removed and a cross bar welded into place that he could put the tires on, then he had plates with a padlock on either side to keep people from making off with them if he stopped for food.

EDIT: Or you could rig up something like this dude! 

NSX_(298).jpg

I'm pretty sure my purpose in life is to serve as a warning for others.

12 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

So that’s how your supposed to carry the tires. Lol

Necessity is the mother of Invention

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Not my pic.. found on reddit. Made me laugh tho

52AA3A05-158A-48AD-A507-3A40D51D8AC6.jpeg

Spoiler

Trying to mount some camping gear on my bike, it took a while to figure out how I wanted it but this ended up pretty decent. Just need to find more straps and do a road test once the wind settles down :)

Left side, tent and sleeping bag

IMG_20190628_173507.thumb.jpg.7881b4e73d95797a8d762e143bea7ba1.jpg

Right side, sleeping pad

Ontop, bag with gas stove, gas, water and clothes(not all of that is in it atm)

IMG_20190628_175255.thumb.jpg.e497ad2f71e5d8e54d9bd4f5a62f9739.jpg

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

1 hour ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

Trying to mount some camping gear on my bike, it took a while to figure out how I wanted it but this ended up pretty decent. Just need to find more straps and do a road test once the wind settles down :)

Right side, sleeping pad

Be mindful of how close you allow that sleeping pad to get to your exhaust. Dont want to sleep on a melted pad!

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

1 hour ago, TVwazhere said:

Be mindful of how close you allow that sleeping pad to get to your exhaust. Dont want to sleep on a melted pad!

Its further than it looks and the muffler doesn't get all that hot anyway but yah, it's definitely a thing I'm worried about. Might make some sort of heat shield but I think it also might just be fine with the air flowing over it. Won't be much if any stop-start traffic :)

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Just now, Bananasplit_00 said:

Its further than it looks and the muffler doesn't get all that hot anyway but yah, it's definitely a thing I'm worried about. Might make some sort of heat shield but I think it also might just be fine with the air flowing over it. Won't be much if any stop-start traffic :)

I agree, so long as there's decent space between the two, the wind itself should act as a insulator between the pad and the muffler. 

5 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

Right side, sleeping pad

Absolute goals my dude! I wish I had a bike xD

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

Well the new(ish) system is finally up and running. Jumped from a 4690k to a 9700k and 16gb so hopefully shouldnt be having issues with games crashing from running out of memory lmao. (Ignore the shit wiring its not 100% done yet, still gotta put a couple more fans in yet)20190628_212106.thumb.jpg.8d7dca19862c3b36432b0a480b0de474.jpg

20190628_235531.thumb.jpg.2b4804e6472e8765818f110da51ef754.jpg

Old systems looking a bit sorry for itself now, remaining bits should be relatively easy to shift seeing as Z97 ITX boards seem to be commanding a premium at the minute20190628_211444.thumb.jpg.910d83b2248936905f8d931b00873aa0.jpg

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

My dad just texted me this... says it’s the worst blowout he’s ever had ever. Also sent “I hate New Orleans” (somehow he manages to break his car every time he goes there lol, last time it was some of the underbody panels)

How did this happen?? Tire wasnt that old and it’s continental for peat sake. It just like exploded violently 

also how the hell did the wheel manage to survive? 

5A1F4674-8015-4653-8821-0A60A6642E91.jpeg

28452467-D2F5-45D7-A009-F31872BCA1E1.jpeg

0CDBCD60-64B7-4B64-944A-0B04A354B6B1.jpeg

Spoiler

AXTybyD.jpg My car next to a savage beast. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

4 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

My dad just texted me this... says it’s the worst blowout he’s ever had ever. Also sent “I hate New Orleans” (somehow he manages to break his car every time he goes there lol, last time it was some of the underbody panels)

How did this happen?? Tire wasnt that old and it’s continental for peat sake. It just like exploded violently 

also how the hell did the wheel manage to survive? 

5A1F4674-8015-4653-8821-0A60A6642E91.jpeg

28452467-D2F5-45D7-A009-F31872BCA1E1.jpeg

0CDBCD60-64B7-4B64-944A-0B04A354B6B1.jpeg

How old is 'wasn't that old'? and was it properly inflated?

Also made myself another sizeable purchase yesterday. 3rd most expensive thing I've ever bought 

20190628_163416.jpg

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

11 hours ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

Absolute goals my dude! I wish I had a bike xD

It's all coming off because the trip isn't until a month from now but it's going to be pretty fun i hope. 10 trip down through Norway and up through Sweden :)

Builds:

Spoiler

7 hours ago, Bitter said:

How old is 'wasn't that old'? and was it properly inflated?

Tire code is 5116 so 2 and a half years? 

Inflation... that I don’t know. I find it hard to imagine my dad wouldn’t overly inflate a tire but he may not have been the one inflating it and I haven’t done it so that we just don’t know 

up up until then he has no TPMS complaints however. 

Spoiler

3 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

It's all coming off because the trip isn't until a month from now but it's going to be pretty fun i hope. 10 trip down through Norway and up through Sweden :)

Sounds fun, I wish... Still dreaming about someday making an Eurotrip, that would be soooo goooooood xD

Have fun!

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

2 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

Tire code is 5116 so 2 and a half years? 

Inflation... that I don’t know. I find it hard to imagine my dad wouldn’t overly inflate a tire but he may not have been the one inflating it and I haven’t done it so that we just don’t know 

up up until then he has no TPMS complaints however. 

By the way the sidewall is gone too, I'll be it started there with a tire tiddy.

11 minutes ago, Bitter said:

By the way the sidewall is gone too, I'll be it started there with a tire tiddy.

Not following you

Spoiler