Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

4 hours ago, ImadKnight said:

@Killa Wall @JoaoPRSousa 

@bcredeur97 Got his JDM engine in (minus the manifolds/ECU?) and pretty much nothing else. 

Only thing I didn't get was the JDM header but I got everything else and I'm driving the car daily now

that said we figured out yesterday I got the wrong of the two ECU's. My luck I tell ya

@Killa Wall

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

18 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

Only thing I didn't get was the JDM header but I got everything else and I'm driving the car daily now

that said we figured out yesterday I got the wrong of the two ECU's. My luck I tell ya

@Killa Wall

Forum juju strikes again

So! I got another trade offer, this time a much more tame bike.

It's a 2000 Ducati 748S with 9,900 miles :D I think I lost the offer on the CBR1000RR, as I have to wait until my MR2 is under my name at the end of this month, and the guy said he would trade if he still had the bike by then, I doubt he will though. Plus a 750 V-twin with 90HP is a lot less than a 1000 4-cyl with 170HP xD

But yeah, the guy is keeping the bike for me, he doesn't ride anymore since he started a family but he collects MR2s and was interested in mine :)

Will see how it goes, hopefully I have a bike to use in college.

7 minutes ago, byalexandr said:

So! I got another trade offer, this time a much more tame bike.

It's a 2000 Ducati 748S with 9,900 miles :D I think I lost the offer on the CBR1000RR, as I have to wait until my MR2 is under my name at the end of this month, and the guy said he would trade if he still had the bike by then, I doubt he will though. Plus a 750 V-twin with 90HP is a lot less than a 1000 4-cyl with 170HP xD

But yeah, the guy is keeping the bike for me, he doesn't ride anymore since he started a family but he collects MR2s and was interested in mine :)

Will see how it goes, hopefully I have a bike to use in college.

idk how you're gonna live with a bike in college, especially on that moving day if you stay in their dorms. you're gonna need some space to move your clothes your belongings your computer, etc.(if you're already in college forgive me, i probably didn't realize). plus once in a while you'll probably need to haul some things that a motorcyle can't. but it does have its perks i guess, since it's more nimble and probably better on fuel.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

1 minute ago, terrytek said:

idk how you're gonna live with a bike in college, especially on that moving day if you stay in their dorms. you're gonna need some space to move your clothes your belongings your computer, etc.(if you're already in college forgive me, i probably didn't realize). plus once in a while you'll probably need to haul some things that a motorcyle can't. but it does have its perks i guess, since it's more nimble and probably better on fuel.

Well I'm going to borrow my dad's F-150 when moving day comes. Can't move much in an MR2 either btw

But I want a bike for once I'm on campus, I will be on campus a lot but the bike will be great for driving back and forth to visit and going around my college town in general.

Btw, I can still register the bike and all even though I don't have my Class M license yet right? I'm going to get it before I actually head off to college, but for now I just want to be able to own the bike.

1 minute ago, byalexandr said:

Well I'm going to borrow my dad's F-150 when moving day comes. Can't move much in an MR2 either btw

But I want a bike for once I'm on campus, I will be on campus a lot but the bike will be great for driving back and forth to visit and going around my college town in general.

Btw, I can still register the bike and all even though I don't have my Class M license yet right? I'm going to get it before I actually head off to college, but for now I just want to be able to own the bike.

i think you might need your class m license first before you register your bike, but idk the rules exactly, i never went down that path.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

for all you honda fans, sad news. the v6 accord is dead for next year. http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/future-cars/a10001820/honda-accord-v6-dead/  this saddens me since it's pretty much been a thing since the 90s. i'm gonna really miss the v6 accord, it just won't be the same with a 2 liter turbo 4, though it is a detuned type r motor.

37 minutes ago, terrytek said:

for all you honda fans, sad news. the v6 accord is dead for next year. http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/future-cars/a10001820/honda-accord-v6-dead/  this saddens me since it's pretty much been a thing since the 90s. i'm gonna really miss the v6 accord, it just won't be the same with a 2 liter turbo 4, though it is a detuned type r motor.

Nooooooooooooooo ?

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

1 minute ago, FuzzyYellow said:

Nooooooooooooooo

i know. honda has been bitten by the turbo bug. gone are the days where we can get a v6 that can actually scream.

22 minutes ago, terrytek said:

i know. honda has been bitten by the turbo bug. gone are the days where we can get a v6 that can actually scream.

GTR, 350Z, Genesis Coupe

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Hey all,

Just came across this thread.  Here's a pick of my baby:

1272105_10151657737157894_752033410_o.thumb.jpg.971876bc8637ba45324a9be9b5076b62.jpg

Had this little guy for 4 years now.  Been running like a champ while I save up for a WRX.

CPU -AMD R5 2600X @ 4.15 GHz / RAM - 2x8Gb GSkill Ripjaws 3000 MHz/ MB- Asus Crosshair VII Hero X470/  GPU- MSI Gaming X GTX 1080/ CPU Cooler - Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3/ PSU - Seasonic G-series 550W/ Case - NZXT H440 (Black/Red)/ SSD - Crucial MX300 500GB/ Storage - WD Caviar Blue 1TB/ Keyboard - Corsair Vengeance K70 w/ Red switches/ Mouse - Logitech g900/ Display - 27" Benq GW2765 1440p display/ Audio - Sennheiser HD 558 and Logitech z323 speakers

17 minutes ago, IrshaadH said:

Hey all,

1272105_10151657737157894_752033410_o.thumb.jpg.971876bc8637ba45324a9be9b5076b62.jpg

Had this little guy for 4 years now.  Been running like a champ while I save up for a WRX.

Is it the abarth, or the regular?

cool color btw

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

xFVb85A.jpg

has science gone too far?

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

44 minutes ago, FuzzyYellow said:

Is it the abarth, or the regular?

cool color btw

Thanks man!  This is the fiat 500 sport.  I would've loved the abarth, but couldn't afford it at the time.  Not only that, but the abarth doesn't come in blue, which was the real deal breaker for me lol.

CPU -AMD R5 2600X @ 4.15 GHz / RAM - 2x8Gb GSkill Ripjaws 3000 MHz/ MB- Asus Crosshair VII Hero X470/  GPU- MSI Gaming X GTX 1080/ CPU Cooler - Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3/ PSU - Seasonic G-series 550W/ Case - NZXT H440 (Black/Red)/ SSD - Crucial MX300 500GB/ Storage - WD Caviar Blue 1TB/ Keyboard - Corsair Vengeance K70 w/ Red switches/ Mouse - Logitech g900/ Display - 27" Benq GW2765 1440p display/ Audio - Sennheiser HD 558 and Logitech z323 speakers

2 hours ago, IrshaadH said:

Hey all,

Itty bitty wittle car. :o

1 hour ago, vetali said:

has science gone too far?

Negatory.

6 hours ago, IrshaadH said:

Hey all,

Yeeeeeeee Ontario represent

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

16 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

1xcg6ch.gif

holy mother of fuck that was close. 

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

Advocate for used/older hardware. Also one of the resident petrol heads. 

So what's gonna be the trend after turbo 4 cylinders? 

Probably electric? Electric still has a lot of problems though. And it's worthless if we have to pollute more to make the batteries than we pollute with driving around with an engine. 

Turbo 3 cylinders? Lol

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

1 minute ago, bcredeur97 said:

So what's gonna be the trend after turbo 4 cylinders? 

Probably electric? Electric still has a lot of problems though. And it's worthless if we have to pollute more to make the batteries than we pollute with driving around with an engine. 

Turbo 3 cylinders? Lol

If electric doesn't become more viable (it has got a lot of hurdles to overcome before it can be on a mass scale, not small and scattered like current electric cars) my guess would be engines with different cylinder sizes or more cylinders but small bores and strokes that way you could have selective cylinder deactivation to save on gas.

33 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

1xcg6ch.gif

Fast and the Furious, anyone?

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU AMD R7 7800X3D    Motherboard Asrock B650E Taichi Lite    RAM Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB 5200mhz    GPU ASUS RTX4080 STRIX 

Case Fractal Torrent   Storage Samsung 980Pro 2TB, Crucial P3 Plus 4TB x2,     PSU Corsair RM1000x    Cooling Deepcool AK620

19 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Fast and the Furious, anyone?

Nah totally Forza Horizon 3 style

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB