Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

3 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

I'm taking a break from writing by spending some time in American Truck Sim. Need more states SCS pls..

I'm doing more studying yay.

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

Just now, vetali said:

I'm doing more studying yay.

I'd be playing in traffic if my break from studying was more studying.

Just put a deposit down on a 2012 GTI 2-door in charcoal grey color, with the dsg. Going to have it in my drive way by next Tuesday/Wednesday.

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

3 minutes ago, techswede said:

NJrgBwl.jpg

It grew a boob maybe its trans too and went crazy with the hormone therapy 

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

Just now, MadyTehWolfie said:

I think it missed half the doses.

4 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

I'd be playing in traffic if my break from studying was more studying.

Yeah well apparently nobody in this shithole town is gonna hire you unless you are master tech certified. 

I did get a bit more interest being certified now. A very small Ford dealer had my apply. Gonna be 75% powerstrokes and 25% f150s I have a feeling. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

31 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

Is that cover rain-repellent too?

Yeah it has a rubber liner on the bottom side. It's nice!

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Just now, MadyTehWolfie said:

Bias ply to radial therapy.

Just now, AlwaysFSX said:

Traction.

In the wheel well maybe. *Whump. Squuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuueeak, Whump*

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

58 minutes ago, techswede said:

Adam west made it to 88. Which is alright.

Even with these antics 

Maybe we can get hammond to review A-traktor's They are limited to 45km/h 

Hopefully he makes a solid recovery though. Knee injuries are not fun. 

I want an A-traktor but there is literally no point in getting one if you live in the city... :(

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

Advocate for used/older hardware. Also one of the resident petrol heads. 

2 minutes ago, ImadKnight said:

I want an A-traktor but there is literally no point in getting one if you live in the city... :(

They are pointless roadblocks. Don't bother.

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

22 minutes ago, vetali said:

Yeah well apparently nobody in this shithole town is gonna hire you unless you are master tech certified. 

I did get a bit more interest being certified now. A very small Ford dealer had my apply. Gonna be 75% powerstrokes and 25% f150s I have a feeling. 

Thankfully what I'm working on isn't as hard as getting master tech certified, as far as I'm aware.

Man.. Even if i went with both a gpu and cpu from AMD i'm out $2900 for a new pc.. That's just 2k short of what i spent on my car..

Just now, techswede said:

They are pointless roadblocks. Don't bother.

Sadly true. And around town I'm waaay faster on my bike than a car could ever be (if you were racing from one side to another or something like that). 

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

Man.. Even if i went with both a gpu and cpu from AMD i'm out $2900 for a new pc.. That's just 2k short of what i spent on my car..

What, how does that math add up?

What are you looking to get if its ending up that expensive?.. 

Just now, ImadKnight said:

Sadly true. And around town I'm waaay faster on my bike than a car could ever be (if you were racing from one side to another or something like that). 

Pick up an old moped if you want motorized transport. Honda MT5's can be had for essentially nothing.

Just now, AlwaysFSX said:

What, how does that math add up?

Well you take the price of each item. And you add them up. 

Just now, ImadKnight said:

What are you looking to get if its ending up that expensive?.. 

FUQMeDH.png

2 minutes ago, techswede said:

Pick up an old moped if you want motorized transport. Honda MT5's can be had for essentially nothing.

To Blocket we go! 

Tho I'm clueless when it comes to bike... What makes one good/bad? How can I tell them apart?..

Man for that much it better cook you pancakes.

Thankfully what I'm working on isn't as hard as getting master tech certified, as far as I'm aware.

Depends how good you are at reading and taking tests really... there is no practical examination which is why I don't like ASE. I'm good with electronics and engine performance, so that was easy. I'm probably going to struggle with stuff like brakes, manual transmission and drivetrain, steering and suspension. L1 test should be easy for me. 

1 minute ago, techswede said:

Would you really need the 1tb SSD? 

750w? Pardon me if I'm wrong but neither GPU nor CPU are that power hungry are they?

Tower, you get a Fractal Design for way cheaper.  

3 minutes ago, techswede said:

~snip~

You could probably save a good chunk of money by Samsung EVO instead of the PRO model.

And I part of me wants to suggest an external audio solution. There are many good AMP/DAC's you can get.

Man for that much it better cook you pancakes.

At least i don't want it to be too outdated 3-4 years down the line. 

1 minute ago, ImadKnight said:

Would you really need the 1tb SSD? 

750w? Pardon me if I'm wrong but neither GPU nor CPU are that power hungry are they?

Tower, you get a Fractal Design for way cheaper.  

How else does one store copious amounts of gentleman's erotica.

Yes but i like the overhead. 

Fractal towers are boring