Different EQ settings for separate audio outputs?

emothxughts

I have a Logitech Z313 speaker set with its thumpy bass and some no-name brand gaming headset with weaker bass (and I'm gonna replace that with a proper pair of cans, the Superlux HD668B, currently in shipping). Both require proper EQ settings to sound good to me, crank down the bass on the Z313 and crank up both bass & treble on the headphones.

Here's the thing though, if I adjust the EQ through either the Realtek software or Equalizer APO (+Peace GUI), the same EQ setting is applied to both audio outputs, such that for example, if I crank down the bass for the speakers, the headphones' bass is also cranked down to the point of non-existence. So when I need to listen through speakers or headphones, I need to manually switch EQ presets. I am able to make things a bit more convenient by assigning hotkeys to switch between EQs. But ideally, I'd like the speakers and the headphones to both have different EQs at the same time, without manual/hotkey adjustment. Any way I can do so?

(In case the info is necessary, I'm using the Asrock Steel Legend B450M mobo and its integrated audio.)

Noelle best girl

PC specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Deepcool GAMMAXX 400 V2 64.5 CFM CPU Cooler
Motherboard: ASRock B450M Steel Legend Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard, BIOS P4.60
Memory: ADATA XPG 32GB GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory
Storage: HP EX900 500 GB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, PNY CS900 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Video Card: Colorful iGame RTX 4060 Ti 16GB
Power Supply: Cooler Master MWE Bronze V2 650 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro
Monitor: Acer QG240Y S3 24.0" 1920 x 1080 180Hz Monitor

Equalizer APO has the option to define the device for each EQ.

Just create two different configuration files for your speakers and headphones and add an device control element to them (add -> control -> device).

In the device control select the device you want it to work for. Then include both of those files into your main config (add->control->include), enable both of them an voilà, you are done.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/peace-equalizer-apo-extension/

In short: Peace Equaliser APO is an equalizer and audio mixer for all your PC software on any Windows version from Vista to 11.
Your configuration (e.g. EQ, preset, profile) can be saved and activated again by 1 click, hotkey, tray or desktop shotcut.

Note: Your virus scanner may detect a virus in Peace.exe or PeaceSetup.exe. This is a false positive, more info on the forum.

Ive never tried it but took me a while to find via google searches.

Can apparently use hotkey and system tray shortcuts for profiles.

Hope it works/helps.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz