Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

@vetali

s-l1600.jpg

see it now?

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

51 minutes ago, yathis said:

Sports cars are not practicle, one little speed bump and your out of the game. Whereas a Jeep can do that speed bump at 50 and not even spill your beers.

No just no

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

Just now, bcredeur97 said:

Ohhh you linked the wrong thing and edited it lol. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

Just now, vetali said:

Ohhh you linked the wrong thing and edited it lol. 

yeah... sorry was hoping you didn't see the first one lol..

Copy/paste fails

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

9 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

yeah... sorry was hoping you didn't see the first one lol..

Copy/paste fails

ddd9293ca1.png

looks like that other ebay listing is a gewd bet. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

11 minutes ago, vetali said:

ddd9293ca1.png

looks like that other ebay listing is a gewd bet. 

Yep... now to get one.

O_O

Spoiler

1 hour ago, yathis said:

CAN signals oh CAN signals

Do I know about CAN signals.

Kay?

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

5 minutes ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

Kay?

I kinda thought he was funny for once

Spoiler

What am I doing with my life? 

Never thought I'd be running around trying to figure out what ecu works in my Miata.

never thought I'd own a Miata really... just happened and now here we are lol

at least I know I'm decent at problem solving sort of. I know how to ask people for stuff I don't know lol

Spoiler

Thats the problem with imports buddy.

The Simpler The Better

2 minutes ago, yathis said:

Thats the problem with imports buddy.

The Simpler The Better

mine really isn't that super complicated tbh.. it's very simple by modern car standards. 

Spoiler

mine really isn't that super complicated tbh.. it's very simple by modern car standards. 

Parts Availability and Price?

1 minute ago, yathis said:

Parts Availability and Price?

i put a japan motor and ecu in the car for less than $2k.

not really that expensive...

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

What am I doing with my life? 

Never thought I'd be running around trying to figure out what ecu works in my Miata.

never thought I'd own a Miata really... just happened and now here we are lol

all for 3.9 HP.

Just now, vetali said:

all for 3.9 HP.

haha. 

Just gonna say I trust that japan motor waaay more than any of the used american ones i've seen...

you can tell they really take care of their cars there. at least by mine. Runs so well too.  idles like a new car

Spoiler

haha. 

Just gonna say I trust that japan motor waaay more than any of the used american ones i've seen...

you can tell they really take care of their cars there. at least by mine. Runs so well too.  idles like a new car

americans just make them pop then drop in their american* LS motors

*made in mexico

Could be worse though, I'm sitting here watching repair vids... learned that Ford put a sensor that detects if you have the PCV breather connected on the 6.7 powerstrokes. 

3 minutes ago, vetali said:

Could be worse though, I'm sitting here watching repair vids... learned that Ford put a sensor that detects if you have the PCV breather connected on the 6.7 powerstrokes. 

pfft lol

Almost can't blame them though. all the emissions crap we have now.

Oh yes btw im fully aware my car will NEVER pass an emissions test now since it's apparently not compatible with a single one of the US spec "readiness monitors". Louisiana ftw

Spoiler

1 minute ago, bcredeur97 said:

all the emissions crap

Yes, why buy new, fuck that.

4 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

pfft lol

6 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Thank god for older trucks. 

They still managed to mess it up in a hilarious way.

9 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

pfft lol

Oh yes btw im fully aware my car will NEVER pass an emissions test now since it's apparently not compatible with a single one of the US spec "readiness monitors". Louisiana ftw

so do you still need that emissions test to register your car? or is this car no longer gonna be a daily or something?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Just now, vinyldash303 said:

No he doesn't have inspections or emissions testing where he lives. Neither do I. In fact, all of Oregon doesn't have emissions or inspections except Portland.

LUCKY YOU. i'm so jealous of you other 49 states who don't have as strict emissions laws. or car laws at all. 

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

14 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

No he doesn't have inspections or emissions testing where he lives. Neither do I. In fact, all of Oregon doesn't have emissions or inspections except Portland.

Washington it depends where you live. I don't live in one of those areas that requires it.

swag

but less work for me.

@bcredeur97 What year is your Miata. 

If it's really early 2000s I'm sort of surprised it uses CAN.

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

Trying to change the oil and the shop that did it last time used a bloody impact on the drain plug. 

And of course I don't have one of my own to retaliate with 

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum