Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

38 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

@MEC-777

Best BWM Ever.

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

37 minutes ago, Mister2010 said:

Best BWM Ever.

Love me a good BWM

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

10 hours ago, RevoltTrain said:

GTR, 350Z, Genesis Coupe

ok they still exist, but like idk, i felt like a honda v6 was probably the cheapest out of those. like i could buy a 2nd gen odyssey with a v6 for like 500 bucks running and hoon the shit out of it.

2 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

1xcg6ch.gif

i feel like that accord driver clenched his buttocks so hard when he realized he was that close.

1 hour ago, bcredeur97 said:

So what's gonna be the trend after turbo 4 cylinders? 

Probably electric? Electric still has a lot of problems though. And it's worthless if we have to pollute more to make the batteries than we pollute with driving around with an engine. 

Turbo 3 cylinders? Lol

i wish we could make a trend back to bigger naturally aspirated v6s and inline 6s, but with emissions and all, i really doubt it's gonna happen at all. i don't like where these trends are headed. 

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

5 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

Love me a good BWM

BMW needs either a I6 or a V12 .. a V10 is nice but thats more for Audi and VW :P 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

22 minutes ago, terrytek said:

ok they still exist, but like idk, i felt like a honda v6 was probably the cheapest out of those. like i could buy a 2nd gen odyssey with a v6 for like 500 bucks running and hoon the shit out of it.

i feel like that accord driver clenched his buttocks so hard when he realized he was that close.

i wish we could make a trend back to bigger naturally aspirated v6s and inline 6s, but with emissions and all, i really doubt it's gonna happen at all. i don't like where these trends are headed. 

When you consider the J35 platform has been around since '99 and can still be found in select 16+/17+/18+ models, it's long reached the EOL for Honda. The VQ has been around for nearly as long, if not longer in various displacement forms, and is only just now being slowly phased out for the VR.

Granted I have one of the earlier J35s in my MDX and it absolutely loves revs (though it does have a tendancy to eat transmissions)

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

1 minute ago, chaozbandit said:

When you consider the J35 platform has been around since '99 and can still be found in select 16+/17+/18+ models, it's long reached the EOL for Honda. The VQ has been around for nearly as long, if not longer in various displacement forms, and is only just now being slowly phased out for the VR.

Granted I have one of the earlier J35s in my MDX and it absolutely loves revs (though it does have a tendancy to eat transmissions)

ok, that is true. i just wished there was a successor v6 to the j35. i mean why bother with a successor when the current model was just fine?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Just now, terrytek said:

ok, that is true. i just wished there was a successor v6 to the j35. i mean why bother with a successor when the current model was just fine?

While we all yearn to v6 all the practical family cars, I wouldn"t say no to the i4 that it's getting moving forward - it is the same engine from the Civic Type-R after all.

Plus don't forget the Camry is still getting a 3.5L V6 if you really crave it

2017 Canadian International Auto Show

Folding@Home | BOINC

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

5 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

While we all yearn to v6 all the practical family cars, I wouldn"t say no to the i4 that it's getting moving forward - it is the same engine from the Civic Type-R after all.

2017 Canadian International Auto Show

yeah but you can have an accord v6 in a manual. not with the camry.

2 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

So what's gonna be the trend after turbo 4 cylinders? 

Probably electric? Electric still has a lot of problems though. And it's worthless if we have to pollute more to make the batteries than we pollute with driving around with an engine. 

Turbo 3 cylinders? Lol

You can only reduce displacement so far on a turbo motor before diminishing returns on MPG. 

15 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

I'd deal with a turbo motor over getting that abomination. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

2 minutes ago, vetali said:

You can only reduce displacement so far on a turbo motor before diminishing returns on MPG. 

Camry v6 is actually a really good all around car. Buddy of mine has a 2015 XSE model and it's sooooooooooo nice 

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

6 minutes ago, vetali said:

I've never done a search, but I wonder what the current cheapest V8 vehicle you could buy brand new today is. Wouldn't be surprised if it's still a panel van or base single cab truck.

Folding@Home | BOINC

13 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

Camry v6 is actually a really good all around car. Buddy of mine has a 2015 XSE model and it's sooooooooooo nice 

I admit, it is a nice car, but I won't get one new unless it has a manual.

11 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

I've never done a search, but I wonder what the current cheapest V8 vehicle you could buy brand new today is. Wouldn't be surprised if it's still a panel van or base single cab truck.

The cheapest v8 vehicle today that isn't a panel van or a single cab truck is the challenger i believe. other than that, it's normally a panel van or cab truck. but yeah i think the affordable v8 is slowly dying off.

1 minute ago, terrytek said:

The cheapest v8 vehicle today that isn't a panel van or a single cab truck is the challenger i believe. other than that, it's normally a panel van or cab truck. but yeah i think the affordable v8 is slowly dying off.

V8s are still affordable?

35 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

F150 is like 28k. Silverado slightly more expensive with the Ram into 30k. Thats completely base though which means vinyl floor.

Challenger v8 starts at 32k, Mustang at 33k, Camaro at 37k

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

36 minutes ago, terrytek said:

I admit, it is a nice car, but I won't get one new unless it has a manual.

Nah believe it's the mustang 5.0 that starts at 33k and usually has rebates

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

What do you all make of this massive crash that has just happened in qualifying for the BTCC at Croft? Around 11 cars are reported to have been caught in this incident. 

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

rip. no more new J35's to swap into miatas

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

21 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

rip. no more new J35's to swap into miatas

B235R swap

ajlhdcq3sf2z.jpg

5 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

B235R swap

too lame. Needs twin turbo 2.7l V6 from an Audi. 

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

Advocate for used/older hardware. Also one of the resident petrol heads. 

And i thought cars were the worst place for sucky voice recognition 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Screenshot_2017-06-10-13-27-33.png

Folding@Home | BOINC

7 minutes ago, ImadKnight said:

too lame. Needs twin turbo 2.7l V6 from an Audi. 

Why not just supercharged VQ35