Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

3 hours ago, Drak3 said:

Looks fine to me.

Modified breakover angle, of course.

Well as a bit of an update to my endeavors of getting a car and a full license.

I've still been on my permit for the last 3 years, I haven't been able to really hit the road yet with my mom's trailblazer. I'm still technically not covered by the policy on it.

and I'm seriously thinking about getting a 2016-2018 Ford Focus Titanium, could care less if it were the sedan or hatchback. Frankly while I don't like the taillight design of the hatchback, I'd probably prefer it because it's the closest thing I'm going to get to a modern and cheaper wagon.

I'm specific about the Titanium trim because from what I've seen it's almost guaranteed to have the Sony sound system, which a premium audio system from the factory was ideal for me as I don't really wanna have to deal with that myself even if it means I could get even better audio

I really was adamant about the idea of getting a new 2019 Chevy Cruze LT with the Bose audio system, however seeing as GM is quite literally uninterested in the product and consumers as a whole are ditching sedans, I guess my next best option would be a slightly used Ford with the Sony system because finding a Chevy with the Bose system is a lot harder.

It's a shame too, because both the Cruze and Focus were made in America.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

3 hours ago, pinksnowbirdie said:

Certain Focus models will not be dropped from production. IIRC, they are keeping the ST and electric models, possibility of adding a hybrid.

My Build, v2.1 --- CPU: i7-8700K @ 5.2GHz/1.288v || MoBo: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E Gaming || RAM: 4x4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 2666 14-14-14-33 || Cooler: Custom Loop || GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black, on water || PSU: EVGA G2 850W || Case: Corsair 450D || SSD: 850 Evo 250GB, Intel 660p 2TB || Storage: WD Blue 2TB || G502 & Glorious PCGR Fully Custom 80% Keyboard || MX34VQ, PG278Q, PB278Q

Audio --- Headphones: Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 6XX || Amp: Schiit Audio Magni 3 || DAC: Schiit Audio Modi 3 || Mic: Blue Yeti

[Under Construction]

My Truck --- 2002 F-350 7.3 Powerstroke || 6-speed

My Car --- 2006 Mustang GT || 5-speed || BBK LTs, O/R X, MBRP Cat-back || BBK Lowering Springs, LCAs || 2007 GT500 wheels w/ 245s/285s

The Experiment --- CPU: i5-3570K @ 4.0 GHz || MoBo: Asus P8Z77-V LK || RAM: 16GB Corsair 1600 4x4 || Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo || GPUs: Asus GTX 750 Ti, || PSU: Corsair TX750M Gold || Case: Thermaltake Core G21 TG || SSD: 840 Pro 128GB || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

R.I.P. Asus X99-A motherboard, April 2016 - October 2018, may you rest in peace. 5820K, if I ever buy you a new board, it'll be a good one.

4 minutes ago, Cereal5 said:

Certain Focus models will not be dropped from production. IIRC, they are keeping the ST and electric models, possibility of adding a hybrid.

there is an electric focus?

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

3 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

https://www.ford.com/cars/focus/models/focus-electric/?gnav=header-all-vehicles

My Build, v2.1 --- CPU: i7-8700K @ 5.2GHz/1.288v || MoBo: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E Gaming || RAM: 4x4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 2666 14-14-14-33 || Cooler: Custom Loop || GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black, on water || PSU: EVGA G2 850W || Case: Corsair 450D || SSD: 850 Evo 250GB, Intel 660p 2TB || Storage: WD Blue 2TB || G502 & Glorious PCGR Fully Custom 80% Keyboard || MX34VQ, PG278Q, PB278Q

Audio --- Headphones: Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 6XX || Amp: Schiit Audio Magni 3 || DAC: Schiit Audio Modi 3 || Mic: Blue Yeti

[Under Construction]

My Car --- 2006 Mustang GT || 5-speed || BBK LTs, O/R X, MBRP Cat-back || BBK Lowering Springs, LCAs || 2007 GT500 wheels w/ 245s/285s

The Experiment --- CPU: i5-3570K @ 4.0 GHz || MoBo: Asus P8Z77-V LK || RAM: 16GB Corsair 1600 4x4 || Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo || GPUs: Asus GTX 750 Ti, || PSU: Corsair TX750M Gold || Case: Thermaltake Core G21 TG || SSD: 840 Pro 128GB || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

R.I.P. Asus X99-A motherboard, April 2016 - October 2018, may you rest in peace. 5820K, if I ever buy you a new board, it'll be a good one.

1 hour ago, Cereal5 said:

The only model that matters

LRM_EXPORT_754231454289951_20181125_162327638.jpeg

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

2 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

The only model that matters

image.png.5d1233054ba805913025e4b49742499b.png

FIFY. Also made sure to crop out that nasty fog light. I think it needs to be cleaned, it's looking pretty hazy ?

[Under Construction]

10 hours ago, vinyldash303 said:

Souds like a horrible idea. I love it.

image.png.5a27a1625b57c027ac64ed43a2d92a42.png

Would daily the fuck out of it.

Would daily the fuck out of

2008-saab-9-3-turbo-x-sportcombi-photo-208254-s-original.jpg

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

3 hours ago, Cereal5 said:

TIL you can get a 2013 electric focus with 40-50k miles for $7k 

edit: range with new is only 76 miles tho... so not a ton of use really

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Want a Ferrari? Now you have one less excuse!

In 2014, Ferrari became the first marque in the world to offer its clients the possibility of extending warranty cover for up to 12 years. Now, it has extended that program to offer owners an even better package that will protect the value and functional integrity of their Prancing Horse cars over an even longer period: 15 years.

https://www.ferrariofatlanta.com/ferrari-classiche.htm

6389bb292735f15762ec4413b96f04bdx.jpg

Who doesn't want a Superfast?

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

7 hours ago, pinksnowbirdie said:

I've still been on my permit for the last 3 years, I haven't been able to really hit the road yet with my mom's trailblazer. I'm still technically not covered by the policy on it.

and I'm seriously thinking about getting a 2016-2018 Ford Focus Titanium, could care less if it were the sedan or hatchback. Frankly while I don't like the taillight design of the hatchback, I'd probably prefer it because it's the closest thing I'm going to get to a modern and cheaper wagon.

I'm specific about the Titanium trim because from what I've seen it's almost guaranteed to have the Sony sound system, which a premium audio system from the factory was ideal for me as I don't really wanna have to deal with that myself even if it means I could get even better audio

I really was adamant about the idea of getting a new 2019 Chevy Cruze LT with the Bose audio system, however seeing as GM is quite literally uninterested in the product and consumers as a whole are ditching sedans, I guess my next best option would be a slightly used Ford with the Sony system because finding a Chevy with the Bose system is a lot harder.

Try looking at the Ford Focus ST  or the Fiesta ST  both are good sporty fun cars that are fairly well equipped

But if your looking for a car with a good sound system. The mini cooper comes with a Harmon Kardon  system that also pretty decent. Other cars with decent sound systems and features for the price  Lincoln MKZ, Infinity Q50, Hyundai Genesis/ Genesis G80

1 hour ago, ELSknutson said:

Try looking at the Ford Focus ST  or the Fiesta ST  both are good sporty fun cars that are fairly well equipped

But if your looking for a car with a good sound system. The mini cooper comes with a Harmon Kardon  system that also pretty decent. Other cars with decent sound systems and features for the price  Lincoln MKZ, Infinity Q50, Hyundai Genesis/ Genesis G80

don't forget mini interiors are kinda cheaply made unfortunately. ppl tend to start having problems with them getting kinda ragged out and/or rattly around 100k miles or so

which is fine if you buy it new and dont keep it that long. but just something to keep in mind when buying a used one for sure

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

7 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

don't forget mini interiors are kinda cheaply made unfortunately. ppl tend to start having problems with them getting kinda ragged out and/or rattly around 100k miles or so

which is fine if you buy it new and dont keep it that long. but just something to keep in mind when buying a used one for sure

Ya all around a mini tends to start to fall apart after 100k  

9 hours ago, pinksnowbirdie said:

1 hour ago, ELSknutson said:

The Sony Sound system is alright, though I havent compared it to the stock one found in lower trim variants. I believe my buddy has a ST"1" which is the base version of the ST so I might be able to hear a difference. 

5 hours ago, Cereal5 said:

None of the Focus trims are really being dropped, they're just selling them all in Europe now. (It does seem however they'll all be hatchback only)

5 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

The only reason I knew this was because the 2015+ Focus ST's have the "upgraded" Rear motor mount from the electric focus (back when I was doing mod's research) ?

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

9 hours ago, pinksnowbirdie said:

I wouldn't bother with the automatics. Lots of issues with the dual clutch automatic. Manuals don't have issues. 

3 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

The only reason I knew this was because the 2015+ Focus ST's have the "upgraded" Rear motor mount from the electric focus (back when I was doing mod's research) ?

Yep, figured that out back in my motor mount adventures for my mazda. They come on all STs newer than 14-15ish I think. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

Just now, vetali said:

I wouldn't bother with the automatics. Lots of issues with the dual clutch automatic. Manuals don't have issues. 

Yep, figured that out back in my motor mount adventures for my mazda. They come on all STs newer than 14-15ish I think. 

14's still had the old ones. The 15's were apparently a decent upgrade but most aftermarket solutions were best because of the firmer rubber (though they do lead to more vibrations in the cabin, it's not like things are rattling around. I barely notice it actually)

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

1 minute ago, TVwazhere said:

14's still had the old ones. The 15's were apparently a decent upgrade but most aftermarket solutions were best because of the firmer rubber (though they do lead to more vibrations in the cabin, it's not like things are rattling around. I barely notice it actually)

I tried an aftermarket one for a while. After 1k miles of feeling my AC compressor engage in my teeth I made the change to the e-focus mount and never had an issue again.                                                                                                                                                                                                            

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

14 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

Yeah perfect for freezing to death when it breaks down

at least always keep blankets in it xD 

doesnt need to be modified to daily it 

it aint a subaru ... can be good stock :P 

and if it is a wagon ...  blankets are always a good thing ;) 

11 hours ago, warmmilk said:

the rear is curvy on the X gen... which kinda makes it look like some bodyshop did a good job about putting an evo nose on some other car.  at least the previous gen design language matched front to rear.  

its a matter of preference... not really objectively better or worse... although any gearbox service other than changing the fluid goes far beyond what your average mechanically inclined car enthusiast is capable of.

the rear is curvy, yes. front is still quite boxy and i agree about the adding of evo nose .... still looks quite nice :D 

and true... its just a personal preference. and sometimes supper heavy stop and go traffic can overheat the SST :( 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

1 minute ago, vetali said:

I tried an aftermarket one for a while. After 1k miles of feeling my AC compressor engage in my teeth I made the change to the e-focus mount and never had an issue again.

Some are firmer than others. My cobb one is 85A, but I've seen some that are solid aluminum 

Have any of the Europeans here done a Carbage Run in the last few years? I'm really tempted to take part in the 2019 edition.

Molex to SATA, lose all your data

6 hours ago, Cereal5 said:

i don't even think they'll keep those. do you have a source of these rumors or anything? i thought they were dropping every single focus model. and i thought the electric was gone after like 2015 or something.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

1 hour ago, vetali said:

I don't want to learn manual lol 

People have trouble with the dual clutch auto because they treat it like a regular auto

1 hour ago, TVwazhere said:

The Sony Sound system is alright, though I havent compared it to the stock one found in lower trim variants. I believe my buddy has a ST"1" which is the base version of the ST so I might be able to hear a difference. 

None of the Focus trims are really being dropped, they're just selling them all in Europe now. (It does seem however they'll all be hatchback only)

Yeah I don't want an ST lol

I don't want to learn manual

2 hours ago, ELSknutson said:

Yeah I don't really care about sporty cars, unless it's a Chevy SS but even then Id want an auto transmission

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

6 hours ago, Cereal5 said:

FIFY. Also made sure to crop out that nasty fog light. I think it needs to be cleaned, it's looking pretty hazy ?

MK3 RS = Rushed shite

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

3 hours ago, Real_PhillBert said:

Want a Ferrari? Now you have one less excuse!

https://www.ferrariofatlanta.com/ferrari-classiche.htm

6389bb292735f15762ec4413b96f04bdx.jpg

Who doesn't want a Superfast?

Me because its hideous 

3 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

Me because its hideous 

:(  I've always had a soft spot for the front engine V12 Ferraris. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro