Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

11 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

It’s honestly fine in my opinion. But I’m also “handy” and fix up my stuff if I want to

I autocrossed my old corolla... actually wasn’t too bad. Thing was slow off the line tho with that auto haha

the best way I can describe older, cheap car suspension is “not comfortable, but not stiff” it’s hard to explain. It’s just kinda bad at everything

Kinda like an all-season tire

My Build, v2.1 --- CPU: i7-8700K @ 5.2GHz/1.288v || MoBo: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E Gaming || RAM: 4x4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 2666 14-14-14-33 || Cooler: Custom Loop || GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black, on water || PSU: EVGA G2 850W || Case: Corsair 450D || SSD: 850 Evo 250GB, Intel 660p 2TB || Storage: WD Blue 2TB || G502 & Glorious PCGR Fully Custom 80% Keyboard || MX34VQ, PG278Q, PB278Q

Audio --- Headphones: Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 6XX || Amp: Schiit Audio Magni 3 || DAC: Schiit Audio Modi 3 || Mic: Blue Yeti

[Under Construction]

My Truck --- 2002 F-350 7.3 Powerstroke || 6-speed

My Car --- 2006 Mustang GT || 5-speed || BBK LTs, O/R X, MBRP Cat-back || BBK Lowering Springs, LCAs || 2007 GT500 wheels w/ 245s/285s

The Experiment --- CPU: i5-3570K @ 4.0 GHz || MoBo: Asus P8Z77-V LK || RAM: 16GB Corsair 1600 4x4 || Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo || GPUs: Asus GTX 750 Ti, || PSU: Corsair TX750M Gold || Case: Thermaltake Core G21 TG || SSD: 840 Pro 128GB || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

R.I.P. Asus X99-A motherboard, April 2016 - October 2018, may you rest in peace. 5820K, if I ever buy you a new board, it'll be a good one.

Spoiler
10 hours ago, vinyldash303 said:

Image result for light bar on miata

One of the first times I was driving on my own I was leaving the parking lot of an event after dark and a police officer directing traffic was yelling at me. Took me a while to realize he was yelling at me specifically and I just kinda drove off wondering what his deal was. Turns out I had my highbeams on and they were at eye level for him.

my opinion is worthless but i'm going to give it anyway because this is the internet

9 hours ago, RevoltTrain said:

Local shop has been up to something

-snip-

what's wrong the 5.2L V10? lol

Or is this just a "LS swap all the things" kinda move?

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

55 minutes ago, Cereal5 said:

Kinda like an all-season tire

pretty much. I had gotten some better tires at one point for that corolla and it made a huge difference as well.

I still wish I had went for the RE-71R's when I got tires for it. would of been sooo much slow car fast lol. I couldn't believe the difference in going from "just summer tires (Bfg sport comp-2's) to RE-71R's when I got a set for the miata...

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

12 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

or this..

You know it's a serious flashlight if it has active cooling :D 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU AMD R7 7800X3D    Motherboard Asrock B650E Taichi Lite    RAM Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB 5200mhz    GPU ASUS RTX4080 STRIX 

Case Fractal Torrent   Storage Samsung 980Pro 2TB, Crucial P3 Plus 4TB x2,     PSU Corsair RM1000x    Cooling Deepcool AK620

4 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

You know it's a serious flashlight if it has active cooling :D 

I don't know who decided that thing needed to exist but I love it

If i was rich I would buy one xD

Spoiler

1 minute ago, bcredeur97 said:

I don't know who decided that thing needed to exist but I love it

If i was rich I would buy one xD

I'm picturing the first review:

5 stars

Make your neighbors and everyone within a 1 mile range think it's daytime at 2 am

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU AMD R7 7800X3D    Motherboard Asrock B650E Taichi Lite    RAM Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB 5200mhz    GPU ASUS RTX4080 STRIX 

Case Fractal Torrent   Storage Samsung 980Pro 2TB, Crucial P3 Plus 4TB x2,     PSU Corsair RM1000x    Cooling Deepcool AK620

9 hours ago, Bitter said:

Is this an OK thread to share a twisty road driving video? I've got a couple of them from my dash cam in OKish quality.

If you did illegal things you're going to JAIL buster.

4 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Or worse: tell his mother!

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

14 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

So there’s this one guy who must be completely convinced I drive with my brights on (in a Miata, mind you) 

We always cross paths. He flashes lights at me. I quick-flash to him just as a kinda “hey the brights aren’t on” (and really I’m 2 inches off the ground and they are factory halogens...they aren’t that bright)

so im thinking I must be the first car he passes for a while or something and his eyes get used to the dark before I go by him. 

Well today I guess he saw me coming down the road, so he intentionally turns his brights permanently on. Kept them on after me briefly flashing him. I can hardly see (again I’m like 2 inches off the ground), but I can see the edge of the road on the right and there’s no one behind me, So I turn my lights completely off. He STILL Leaves his brights on. I turned my lights back on after passing him but i couldn’t help but laugh at how ridiculous it was

Like seriously dude? Lol. He’s in like a Jeep Compass or something with LED’s 

Makes me want to get one of those 30,000 lumen flashlights and hold it out the window next time someone does that xD 

yes,  you could also just get a bright ass light bar .. .cause a autox miata with a light bar would be amazing 

1 hour ago, bcredeur97 said:

probably the LS ALL THE THINGS move 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

Driving a lowered car these days is hard. I constantly think I'm getting flashed at from behind, but it's actually just a big ass SUV with crazy bright factory lights, hitting a dip in the road.

⠀⠀⠀⣴⣴⡤
⠀⣠⠀⢿⠇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⢷⡗
⠀⢶⢽⠿⣗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⡧⠂⠀⠀⣼⣷⡆
⠀⠀⣾⢶⠐⣱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣜⣻⣧⣲⣦⠤⣧⣿⠶
⠀⢀⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠿⣿⣿⣷⣤⣄⡹⣿⣷
⠀⢸⣿⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠿⠃⠈⠿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⠿⠿⠿

⠀⢀⢀⡀⠀⢀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⡀
⠀⣿⡟⡇⠀⠭⡋⠅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣟⢿
⠀⣹⡌⠀⠀⣨⣾⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⠔⠌
⠰⣷⣿⡀⢐⢿⣿⣿⢻⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡿⡤⣴⠄⢀⣀⡀
⠘⣿⣿⠂⠈⢸⣿⣿⣸⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⣿⣀⡠⣠⣺⣿⣷
⠀⣿⣿⡆⠀⢸⣿⣿⣾⡇⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣗⣻⡻⠿⠁
⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁

3 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

It's a baby V10.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

do any car manufacturers provide an MTBF for the cars they produce?

Spoiler

3 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

I did nothing, NOTHING! (old Hogan's Heroes reference)

Ok, I won't share the mini togue.

19 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

I read the one for Peugeots is a couple thousand clicks. Not sure what clicks is but there you go. 

19 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

Probably not publicly. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

12 minutes ago, Bitter said:

I did nothing, NOTHING! (old Hogan's Heroes reference)

Ok, I won't share the mini togue.

you could post a video of you "Allegedly" doing whatever you did :ph34r:

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

I read the one for Peugeots is a couple thousand clicks. Not sure what clicks is but there you go. 

inb4 it's 2000 wheel rotations

5 minutes ago, Real_PhillBert said:

Probably not publicly. 

shame

Spoiler

22 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

inb4 it's 2000 wheel rotations

Seems to be that way lol

31 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

you could post a video of you "Allegedly" doing whatever you did :ph34r:

I could send it in PM later, but the sentiment here seems to be against that which is fine.

3 minutes ago, Bitter said:

I could send it in PM later, but the sentiment here seems to be against that which is fine.

LMAO don't worry I shared a video of me taking a video while driving. If you're not a bad driver its not hard to get on your phone for a sec while driving, just don't go overboard.

No I don't phone while driving, ever. Its far too distracting for me to manage splitting my attention like that. I have a dash cam in both my cars, figure it'll help me fit in when the Russians take over. :lol:

But seriously dash cams are great, everyone should have one absolutely.

1 hour ago, Bitter said:

was a joke

18 hours ago, RevoltTrain said:

Local shop has been up to something 

but why

"an obvious supporter of privacy"