Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

7 minutes ago, CharminUltraStrong said:

I can attest to this @bcredeur97 I drive a Fiat 500 Sport and when those trucks come in with their high beams on yikes. Big cars don't treat small ones so nicely : (. There was a G wagon about a car length and a half behind me in the right lane, I put my turn signal on and he immediately put the pedal to the floor forcing me back into my lane only to cut in front of me. He could've just gone behind me with all the space he had, don't know why he had to do what he did...

because no one passes me in my G wagon

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Just now, bcredeur97 said:

because no one passes me in my G wagon

Lmao I like the car but the drivers can be a bit of a pain. I'd like to see him keep up with us in corners ?‍♂️

The Louvre

Lian-Li PC-O11 DW   |   ZOTAC RTX 2080   |   Core i5 9600k   |   SeaSonic FOCUS Plus 650W Platinum   |   MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon  |  2x16Gb TRIDENT Z ROYAL  |   2xSX8200 240Gb NVME SSD's  |   1x Seagate Firecuda 1TB   |   EVGA Closed Loop Cooler 280mm   |   1x MSI MPG27C Monitor

It's frustrating because it forces you to make an, otherwise, unnecessary down shift to allow him in front of you.

The Louvre

Lian-Li PC-O11 DW   |   ZOTAC RTX 2080   |   Core i5 9600k   |   SeaSonic FOCUS Plus 650W Platinum   |   MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon  |  2x16Gb TRIDENT Z ROYAL  |   2xSX8200 240Gb NVME SSD's  |   1x Seagate Firecuda 1TB   |   EVGA Closed Loop Cooler 280mm   |   1x MSI MPG27C Monitor

15 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

I almost want to say jeeps are still the lowest cost method of going really far off road?

12 hours ago, FuzzyYellow said:

It’s a toss up between and old Cherokee and a 4Runner.

Lada Niva 

image.png.e24dc0e49d006c5049949a9cb886dda5.png

thing is like the AK47 of offroad vehicles ... uses the worst fuel or even anything flammable liquid that you can find, super reliable, can be fixed with a hammer if repairs are needed, goes trough near enough any kind of terrain... and can be had brand new from Lada ... for around $9k

oh wait i dont think usa gets them 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

14 minutes ago, PandaCopyRight said:

Lada Niva 

image.png.e24dc0e49d006c5049949a9cb886dda5.png

thing is like the AK47 of offroad vehicles ... uses the worst fuel or even anything flammable liquid that you can find, super reliable, can be fixed with a hammer if repairs are needed, goes trough near enough any kind of terrain... and can be had brand new from Lada ... for around $9k

bc its essentially a rolling deathtrap. 

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

4 minutes ago, terrytek said:

bc its essentially a rolling deathtrap. 

no its not, any car is dangerous if you drive like a retard 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

Cant wait to drag race my dads 63 camaro. street/drag radials on the back and there about 1-1 1/2 feet wide. 383 motor with dart head covers. 3-speed powerglide and its camaro blue with black racing stripes down the middle. I'll post a pic in a few hours.

I'm gonna go find my own tech support...

with BLACKJACK and HOOKERS!

(Welcome to LTT Forums)

36 minutes ago, LukeTheCoder05 said:

Cant wait to drag race my dads 63 camaro. street/drag radials on the back and there about 1-1 1/2 feet wide. 383 motor with dart head covers. 3-speed powerglide and its camaro blue with black racing stripes down the middle. I'll post a pic in a few hours.

You'd better hold onto that, those are extremely rare considering that chevy didn't start Camaro production until 67. ;) 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

33 minutes ago, LukeTheCoder05 said:

don't know how you got your hands on a pre production camaro since they didn't come out till 67, but maybe a possible typo? could you really have a car that was 4 years before production st arted?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

1 hour ago, PandaCopyRight said:

Lada Niva 

-snip-

im sure you could import one here for a few grand more.. especially if you only use it off road

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

1 hour ago, PandaCopyRight said:

thing is like the AK47 of offroad vehicles ... -snip-, super reliable,

So nothing like an AK47 then.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

1 hour ago, Real_PhillBert said:

You'd better hold onto that, those are extremely rare considering that chevy didn't start Camaro production until 67. ;) 

Lol I meant 68

1 hour ago, bcredeur97 said:

im sure you could import one here for a few grand more.. especially if you only use it off road

yep, they are also quite small and weigh like nothing as well 

48 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

So nothing like an AK47 then.

xD well ... you never know 

1 hour ago, terrytek said:

don't know how you got your hands on a pre production camaro since they didn't come out till 67, but maybe a possible typo? could you really have a car that was 4 years before production st arted?

I meant 68

(Welcome to LTT Forums)

2 minutes ago, Poopityscoop said:

Lol I meant 68

I logged on my other acount accidentally.

(Welcome to LTT Forums)

1 minute ago, Poopityscoop said:

Lol I meant 68

Lol, I think someone just accidentally posted with their troll account.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

1 minute ago, Real_PhillBert said:

Lol, I think someone just accidentally posted with their troll account.

That was my other account. I logged in it, posted it, relized I was on the wrong one. Switched, here we are.

(Welcome to LTT Forums)

1 hour ago, terrytek said:

I meant 68

(Welcome to LTT Forums)

Just now, PandaCopyRight said:

well ... you never know

I know that the AK platform's reliability is highly overrated, despite not being better than FN FALs, G3s, AR15s, AUGs, etc.

And the 47 itself was very problematic, quickly replaced.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

6 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

I know that the AK platform's reliability is highly overrated, despite not being better than FN FALs, G3s, AR15s, AUGs, etc.

And the 47 itself was very problematic, quickly replaced.

ill take your word for it ... im not a gun expert 

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/peugeot/auction-1870938873.htm

Offered him 750 cash for it. Photos look good, but its a fair price I think for an old Peugeot in NZ (my 407 from 2006 even looking new is only worth 4k here), the clear coat is coming off, soft top has mould and seat has a giant tear in it, not to mention 200k. Still low balling but no harm in asking. If I get it I'll put the interior of my 407 in there and should look really cool. 

Also looks really big in the photos. I wouldn't be able to lie down in it and would need to drive with the soft top off lol. 

I think he also knows he's not getting 5k for it, and he's asking for 6 on a notice on it. 

1 hour ago, RorzNZ said:

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/peugeot/auction-1870938873.htm

Offered him 750 cash for it. Photos look good, but its a fair price I think for an old Peugeot in NZ (my 407 from 2006 even looking new is only worth 4k here), the clear coat is coming off, soft top has mould and seat has a giant tear in it, not to mention 200k. Still low balling but no harm in asking. If I get it I'll put the interior of my 407 in there and should look really cool. 

Also looks really big in the photos. I wouldn't be able to lie down in it and would need to drive with the soft top off lol. 

I think he also knows he's not getting 5k for it, and he's asking for 6 on a notice on it. 

tbh that's hideous.

and also 200k sounds like nothing.

2 minutes ago, terrytek said:

tbh that's hideous.

and also 200k sounds like nothing.

200k is a lot for me buying. It is pretty beaten up close too. 

On 12/11/2018 at 2:46 PM, Maybach123 said:

I saw this Corsa about a year ago when it was being serviced at the dealer.It was half disassembled, with the two clams haphazardly placed on top of each other. 

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB