[Updated] Nvidia releases a new Titan X GPU called "Titan Xp"

Thought this was fake at first.

Also I totally called that they were going to make a card with 3840 CUDA cores and target 4k gaming. After all I made the joke that the had the other cards with 2560 or 1920 CUDA cores and those were perfect for their respective resolutions.

Too bad the import tax of electronics are high in my country. Literally 25% right to the states pocket change.

Intel Core i5 4690k @ 4.5GHz - Noctua NH-D15 - ASUS GTX 1060 STRIX OC

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 -  HyperX Fury 8GBx2 DDR3 1855 MHz - Corsair 750W 80+ Gold

Crucial MX100 512Gb 2.5" -  HyperX 3K 240Gb 2.5" - Samsung 840 EVO 1Tb 2.5" - NZXT H440 Designed by Razer

21 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

Now that depends why it originally was a cut-down core in the first place. Was it because yields weren't good enough or was it a cash grab? Since it's unlikely anyone would go from a Titan X(P) to a Titan Xp, it seems far more likely that yields just weren't high enough before. 

Maybe, but its a $1000 video card, worse yields probably shouldn't make a difference. 

Hello This is my "signature". DO YOU LIKE BORIS????? http://strawpoll.me/4669614

Nvidia are just taking the piss with the names aren't they?

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Nvidia have to make bad names on purpose, like, its no way they think it actually is a good name, right? Riiiiight......?

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

6 minutes ago, Mihle said:

Nvidia have to make bad names on purpose, like, its no way they think it actually is a good name, right? Riiiiight......?

Maybe they're running out of ideas for names xD

Although I prefer Nvidia for their power-efficient GPUs, I just hope that the Radeon RX Vega can bring something to the high-performance table. I may consider that GPU as well for my next upgrade, we'll see.

RIGZ

Spoiler

Starlight (Current): AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-core CPU | EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Black Edition | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Ultra | Full Custom Loop | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 1TB + 2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSDs, 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD, 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | EVGA NU Audio | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i | Corsair ML120 2-pack 5x + ML140 2-pack

The Storm (Retired): Intel Core i7-5930K | Asus ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Asus ROG RAMPAGE V EDITION 10 | EKWB EK-KIT P360 with Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 Multiport 480 | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD + 3TB 5400 RPM NAS HDD + 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i + Black/Blue CableMod cables | Corsair ML120 2-pack 2x + NB-BlackSilentPro PL-2 x3

STRONK COOLZ 9000

Spoiler

EK-Quantum Momentum X570 Aorus Master monoblock | EK-FC RTX 2080 + Ti Classic RGB Waterblock and Backplate | EK-XRES 140 D5 PWM Pump/Res Combo | 2x Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 480 MP and 1x SR2 240 MP | 10X Corsair ML120 PWM fans | A mixture of EK-KIT fittings and EK-Torque STC fittings and adapters | Mayhems 10/13mm clear tubing | Mayhems X1 Eco UV Blue coolant | Bitspower G1/4 Temperature Probe Fitting

DESK TOIS

Spoiler

Glorious Modular Mechanical Keyboard | Glorious Model D Featherweight Mouse | 2x BenQ PD3200Q 32" 1440p IPS displays + BenQ BL3200PT 32" 1440p VA display | Mackie ProFX10v3 USB Mixer + Marantz MPM-1000 Mic | Sennheiser HD 598 SE Headphones | 2x ADAM Audio T5V 5" Powered Studio Monitors + ADAM Audio T10S Powered Studio Subwoofer | Logitech G920 Driving Force Steering Wheel and Pedal Kit + Driving Force Shifter | Logitech C922x 720p 60FPS Webcam | Xbox One Wireless Controller

QUOTES

Spoiler

"So because they didn't give you the results you want, they're biased? You realize that makes you biased, right?" - @App4that

"Brand loyalty/fanboyism is stupid." - Unknown person on these forums

"Assuming kills" - @Moondrelor

"That's not to say that Nvidia is always better, or that AMD isn't worth owning. But the fact remains that this forum is AMD biased." - @App4that

"I'd imagine there's exceptions to this trend - but just going on mine and my acquaintances' purchase history, we've found that budget cards often require you to turn off certain features to get slick performance, even though those technologies are previous gen and should be having a negligible impact" - ace42

"2K" is not 2560 x 1440 

31 minutes ago, lots of unexplainable lag said:

You McGyver'd the PSU from a 6-pin to an 8-pin. Don't think that's recommended.

Pretty common mod, and the card is running a custom FW if I recall correctly. 

Though the recommended mod has been to install an actual PSU.

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

38 minutes ago, lots of unexplainable lag said:

You McGyver'd the PSU from a 6-pin to an 8-pin. Don't think that's recommended.

Nope, they support it really well considering it's a 1000W PSU.

Been running near top end NVIDIA GPUs since 2010 with it, sold it in 2013 and it's still chugging along :D

Not bad for a 2009 MP, that had it's processor upgraded, RAM, GPUs, SSDs, Blu-Ray and more.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

1 hour ago, Kevo05s said:

it's even funnier seeing your profile pic being linus freaking out about the first titan!

It was Linus freaking out about GtX 760 with 6GB of GDDR5. :P

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

2 hours ago, Princess Cadence said:

My mother buys jewels, thousands of dollars in rocks and no one says anything... I don't give a crap about jewels/rocks, my luxury are Titan cards, but after this dick move... Who knows... I'll find another hobby.

Yes but jewels are not outperformed by the newest architecture every 1-2 years. If you buy a Titan you are essentially buying into an early access platform for new features and performance early and people have been complaining about this with Nvidia for years now. 9 months is a bit short but it's not a new concept. Anyone could have looked at the Maxwell and Kepler lineups and known since the 1080 release that a 1080ti would release.

This just makes it confusing because I referred the other one as Titan XP.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

4 hours ago, Princess Cadence said:

What to complain, you got it easy, I'm with a fake Titan XP now, kinda of a dick move, you buy a Titan expecting to have the finest card of the architecture then you get a 80ti that is equal and a second Titan that is better? what's with that... 

The thing is, when the Titan X Pascal was launched, we KNEW it wasn't the biggest Pascal chip. We knew:

1. That the Titan X Pascal was not the fully unlocked GP102

2. That GP102 wasn't even the biggest Pascal chip (GP100)

So, I'm sorry to say that if you based your purchasing decision on the Titan X Pascal being "the best possible card for this architecture", then you made a poor purchasing decision.

We knew that there was a larger GP102 variant with more CUDA cores over what the Titan X Pascal had, in the form of their compute cards. We also knew, also in the form of compute cards, that an even larger GP100 exists (Though this still hasn't seen a consumer variant).

So it's entirely possible that in another 6 months, NVIDIA could release the GP100 as ANOTHER Titan X variant, making the Titan XP (2017) redundant once again.

People should base their decisions on the info available at the moment, and the performance we know it has. Not based on it being "The best card in the arch", when we know it's not.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

1 hour ago, marldorthegreat said:

Maybe, but its a $1000 video card, worse yields probably shouldn't make a difference. 

They do if they can't sustain their sales. 

But, what advantage is there for Nvidia to sell a slightly cut down Titan X(P) and then a few months later, after there is still no competition, replacing it with a full GP102 card? 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Titan Xp and Titan X Pascal, wow this will make so much sense in benchmarks....

Thus, from the war of nature, from famine and death, the most exalted object which we are capable of conceiving, namely, the production of the higher animals, directly follows. There is grandeur in this view of life, with its several powers, having been originally breathed into a few forms or into one; and that, whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being, evolved.

1 minute ago, djdwosk97 said:

They do if they can't sustain their sales. 

But, what advantage is there for Nvidia to sell a slightly cut down Titan X(P) and then a few months later, after there is still no competition, replacing it with a full GP102 card? 

At this point, the only logical explanation is:

1. They wanted to have a Titan level card that was "clearly" superior to the 1080 Ti

2. They wanted to pre-emptively ward off any potential that VEGA might reclaim the "fastest single GPU" crown

This could mean that VEGA spooked them a bit. Or it could mean they were just being cautious. Hard to say until we get solid VEGA numbers.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

2 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

At this point, the only logical explanation is:

1. They wanted to have a Titan level card that was "clearly" superior to the 1080 Ti

2. They wanted to pre-emptively ward off any potential that VEGA might reclaim the "fastest single GPU" crown

This could mean that VEGA spooked them a bit. Or it could mean they were just being cautious. Hard to say until we get solid VEGA numbers.

But releasing a full GP102 Titan X(P) from day one would have done that too. If anything, I would think it would help Nvidia to have released a full GP102 on day one since more people would likely have paid up from the 1080 to the Titan since the performance delta would be greater. So, it can't be more profitable for Nvidia this way, and no one is going to upgrade from a Titan X(P)/1080Ti to a Titan Xp. So the only conclusion I can come to is that yields simply weren't good enough on day one. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

I think that is just a show off dick from Nvidia -naming it the TXp was clearly a pun- they need a TOP DOG card for HEDT

If this thing STILL doesn't have double precision, it's the most expensive "fuck you" I've ever seen a company give to their customers who pay up big money for products. Just a massive fucking middle finger to everyone to bought the first Titan X (Pascal)

Titan XPee - R Kelly Edition

This is just going to frak with NewEgg, Amazon, etc when searching for the Titan Xp... er, XP, er whatever the hell this monstrosity is.

4 hours ago, Grinners said:

I wonder if people who buy Ferraris get angry at Ferrari when they release a new model. 

Seems a silly thing to get angry about. 

They would if they made a new car, totally different to the 488, but called it the 488.

M1 MacBook Air 256/8 | iPhone 13 pro

7 minutes ago, RGProductions said:

They would if they made a new car, totally different to the 488, but called it the 488.

The naming scheme is moronic, no doubt. It will, at minimum, cause lots of confusion about their product stack.

But most people in this thread that seem to be genuinely mad about the Titan Xp (2017) is that it makes their Titan X (Pascal) officially "No longer the king card". That is, in my opinion, a stupid thing to get mad about.

It would be like Ferrari releasing the 488 Type F1 for 1.2 million, then releasing a 488 Ti for 700K a few months later which performs better only to release a 488 Type F-One for 1.2M million less then 2 months after that which blows the door off the 488 Type F1 all the while promising the 488 Type F1 would be top of the line for that generation of car. This without telling a soul that these cars were coming.

Just now, DoctorWho1975 said:

It would be like Ferrari releasing the 488 Type F1 for 1.2 million, then releasing a 488 Ti for 700K a few months later which performs better only to release a 488 Type F-One for 1.2M million less then 2 months after that which blows the door off the 488 Type F1 all the while promising the 488 Type F1 would be top of the line for that generation of car. This without telling a soul that these cars were coming.

It would not be like that at all.

Please post a source where NVIDIA promised that the Titan X Pascal would be the fastest GPU of that generation/architecture? They certainly claimed it was the fastest consumer GPU on the market, but I don't believe I've ever seen a statement where they've claimed they will never make a faster Pascal GPU.

Furthermore, as I stated above, we KNEW that Titan X Pascal was NOT the fully unlocked GP102 chip. We KNEW that there was an even larger GP102 chip out there, due to their compute cards.

On top of that, we even KNEW that GP102 wasn't even the top dog, again, due to compute cards running GP100.

So, I will reiterate. Anyone who's mad because Titan X Pascal is no longer the king card, is naive at best, because we knew all of this information months and months ago - in fact, we've known all this for almost a year, since when NVIDIA started marketing all the Pascal stuff.

So the only way to hold NVidia's feet to the fire for the XP...or Xp or whatever the frak the new Titan is is if they came out and promised Titan XPascal would be king of the hill for XX amount of time? I'd be pretty pissed if I had paid 1200 dollars for a card only to have a card 500 dollars less in less then a year stomp it then 2 months later have a new card released for the same price that obliterates it. What's the point of spending money to have the top card if a few months later the prices are going to get dumped?

If I'm investing 1200 dollars in a GPU I'd expect it to last as the top dog more then a few months and certainly not get beaten out by a 700 dollar card only to have another carrot dangled a couple of months later for... 1200 dollars.

6 hours ago, M.A.P said:

I don't think it is worth the money for gaming though. As I'm sure that the extra money doesn't justify the performance but for productivity stuff this thing is a monster. I expect a really good performance increase over GTX 1080, Titan XP.

Nvidia making red team jealous day by day with their new cards....and not going to good for green team....when red team will come with their new card vega....going to smash the butts of green team then cherry pop out aahhahh