[Updated] Nvidia releases a new Titan X GPU called "Titan Xp"

Just waiting for NVidia to release paid DLC to unlock CUDA cores.

"You want the full chip??" "Just pay us $300 dollars for 256 CUDA cores!!!"

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

16 minutes ago, AnonymousGuy said:

And fuck's sake doesn't this forum have a rule about shitposts that are just memes?

Meme? What else do you want me to call it? Compelled to have the best GPU syndrome? Because that's exactly what it is. I figured saying epeen would be more to the point. Sorry to upset you, that wasn't the point. I'm not trying to make you angry, I'm simply stating the logic behind a truth in a concise manner. If you have the money to afford a GPU from the Titan lineup and you're buying it to be top dog for some finite amount of time it's not something to be ashamed of. It just means you will have the best GPU for some time.

CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.7 GHz

GPU: XFX GTS RX580 4GB

Cooling: Corsair h100i

Mobo: Asus z97-A 

RAM: 4x8 GB 1600 MHz Corsair Vengence

PSU: Corsair HX850

Case: NZXT S340 Elite Tempered glass edition

Display: LG 29UM68-P

Keyboard: Roccat Ryos MK FX RGB

Mouse: Logitech g900 Chaos Spectrum

Headphones: Sennheiser HD6XX

Just now, ATFink said:

Meme? What else do you want me to call it? Compelled to have the best GPU syndrome? Because that's exactly what it is. I figured saying epeen would be more to the point. Sorry to upset you, that wasn't the point. I'm not trying to make you angry, I'm simply stating the logic behind a truth in a concise manner. If you have the money to afford a GPU from the Titan lineup and you're buying it to be top dog for some finite amount of time it's not something to be ashamed of. It just means you will have the best GPU for some time.

Sorry, that edit was just a general rant about the number of memes I had to scroll through to find actual mental effort put into a post.  Wasn't directed at you my dude :)

Workstation:  14700nonk || Asus Z790 ProArt Creator || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || Crucial Pro Overclocking 32GB @ 5600 || Corsair AX1600i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

56 minutes ago, rrubberr said:

And I'm just sitting here with my 3 year old Titan Z watching things burn to the ground. It's a beautiful sight.

I thought the underclocked Z would throttle before it burst into flames?

Anyhow, this card will now be known as the Titan X peepee.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

13 hours ago, Carclis said:

So now that we have an actual Titan Xp, what do we call the Titan X that isn't Maxwell based?

Titan Y

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

14 hours ago, Ezio Auditore said:

Why Xp?? 

Because linus said they should. 

Nvidia must have watched this WAN show episode (at around 25 minuets):

I have a slight question. Does anyone actually know what the yields have been or even how costly it was versus what it is now per die? I understand everyone is upset by it seeming as though they are doing it as a cash grab. However, nobody actually knows their reasoning for it. We don't know anything about the production of the full GP102. I personally feel as though the demand has dropped for the P6000 enough to permit using those dies for a Titan update, after all the P6000 is no longer the top Quadro card, the Quadro GP100 is. Businesses that want the top Quadro card are now going to be going for the GP100, pulling demand for the full GP102 allowing more dies to go to the Titan Xp.

Just food for thought.

Just now, rrubberr said:

Of course they're doing a cash grab, the Quadro P6k prices are horribly inflated vs the number of SM's they disabled for the Titan X2.

How do we know for certain it is a cash grab though? I am looking at it from a business perspective and since production costs and yield percentages have not been disclosed we don't actually know for certain what their reasoning is. We have no clue how much they are inflating the price. Just like Intel and AMD, they don't openly release a break down of operational costs to the general public. As of now, everything about whether X company is screwing people over on prices is purposeless due to no one having evidence further than they have released a new piece of hardware that has better output for the same price. There are many-a-things that could allow that outside of cash grabbing.

I truly apologize if I come off a little brash. It is not my intentions to do so. I just work with all three companies along with IBM and I see the costs involved behind the scenes with developing this kind of hardware. A lot of people rarely take costs into consideration and just jump to assumptions.

3 hours ago, Notional said:

I thought the underclocked Z would throttle before it burst into flames?

Anyhow, this card will now be known as the Titan X peepee.

It will, unless water cooled by a competent enthusiast, OEM, or builder. Dual GPU cards on air cooling are about a good idea as dating one's loco ex that is prone to cheating with dogs.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

Waiting for the 1080 Tip or whatever.

CPU: Intel i7 3970X @ 4.7 GHz  (custom loop)   RAM: Kingston 1866 MHz 32GB DDR3   GPU(s): 2x Gigabyte R9 290OC (custom loop)   Motherboard: Asus P9X79   

Case: Fractal Design R3    Cooling loop:  360 mm + 480 mm + 1080 mm,  tripple 5D Vario pump   Storage: 500 GB + 240 GB + 120 GB SSD,  Seagate 4 TB HDD

PSU: Corsair AX860i   Display(s): Asus PB278Q,  Asus VE247H   Input: QPad 5K,  Logitech G710+    Sound: uDAC3 + Philips Fidelio x2

HWBot: http://hwbot.org/user/tame/

9 hours ago, djdwosk97 said:

So you would rather Nvidia continue selling a cut down GP102 chip for $1200 when they could sell a full GP102 for the same price? Yeah, how dare Nvidia try to make the Titan better. 

Are you stupid? I'm saying they should have given the fucking thing double precision capability so that it actually isn't a gigantic "fuck you" to people that bought the first titan xp.

I really dont understand the big deal. Whats so bad about a more powerful gpu coming onto the market?

its not like most people out there bought the earlier pascal so only a small percent got snubbed. 

Now those looking to get a titan just got better and the industry as a whole is moving forward, unlike amd always lagging behind.

so hooray for nvidea for pushing the limit and hooray for pushing the tech industry!!!!

6 hours ago, VagabondWraith said:

Just waiting for NVidia to release paid DLC to unlock CUDA cores.

"You want the full chip??" "Just pay us $300 dollars for 256 CUDA cores!!!"

They'll be stealing that idea from Intel, when they tried to sell increased performance and features as DLC. 

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/pentium-g6951-clarkdale-upgrade-card,11320.html

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

Damn... Already traded my kidney for a Titan XP and this new Xp comes out...

Athlon X2 for only 27.31$   Best part lists at different price points   Windows 1.01 running natively on an Eee PC

My rig:

Spoiler

Celeronator (new main rig)

CPU: Intel Celeron (duh) N2840 2.16GHz Dual Core

RAM: 4GB DDR3 1333MHz

HDD: Seagate 500GB

GPU: Intel HD Graphics 3000 Series

Spoiler

Frankenhertz (ex main rig)

CPU: Intel Atom N2600 1.6GHz Dual Core

RAM: 1GB DDR3-800

HDD: HGST 320GB

GPU: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 3600

I just noticed that you get free shipping if you order directly from NVIDIA, so this is no brainer... I take 7.

This just in; bleeding edge technology replaced by superior product 9 months later. Also, man lands on moon. 

6 hours ago, Bcat00 said:

I really dont understand the big deal. Whats so bad about a more powerful gpu coming onto the market?

its not like most people out there bought the earlier pascal so only a small percent got snubbed. 

Now those looking to get a titan just got better and the industry as a whole is moving forward, unlike amd always lagging behind.

so hooray for nvidea for pushing the limit and hooray for pushing the tech industry!!!!

Its proof that Nvidia hold Performance back on the first TitanXP (so much for fully unlocked blahnlah). That says alot about them. I would be super pissed if i had a Titan.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

5 minutes ago, Praesi said:

Its proof that Nvidia hold Performance back on the first TitanXP (so much for fully unlocked blahnlah). That says alot about them. I would be super pissed if i had a Titan.

Errr.... no one ever said the Titan X Pascal was fully unlocked...

In fact, anyone who did say that, was willfully ignorant and/or misinformed, since it was public knowledge that:

1. The Titan X Pascal was not the fully unlocked GP102 (Since we knew that GP102 had more cores via the P6000)

2. GP102 wasn't even the largest chip (GP100 is, but there's no consumer version, just the workstation/compute/AI deep learning ones)

So. Yes. NVIDIA did "hold back" performance on the Titan X Pascal, in the sense that it wasn't the biggest best chip. But the Titan Xp isn't that either anyway.

But no. They didn't lie about it or mislead anyone who actually bothered to look at all of the relevant info available at the time.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

7 hours ago, hoboX10 said:

Are you stupid? I'm saying they should have given the fucking thing double precision capability so that it actually isn't a gigantic "fuck you" to people that bought the first titan xp.

And how exactly would adding double precision make it less of a "fuck you" (assuming it is a "fuck you" to Titan X(P) owners without it, which it's not)?

Even the full gp102 Quadro And Tesla cards have awful DP performance. It's not until you step up to a gp100 core that you get good DP performance.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

25 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

In fact, anyone who did say that, was willfully ignorant and/or misinformed, since it was public knowledge that:

1. The Titan X Pascal was not the fully unlocked GP102 (Since we knew that GP102 had more cores via the P6000)

2. GP102 wasn't even the largest chip (GP100 is, but there's no consumer version, just the workstation/compute/AI deep learning ones)

So. Yes. NVIDIA did "hold back" performance on the Titan X Pascal, in the sense that it wasn't the biggest best chip. But the Titan Xp isn't that either anyway.

But no. They didn't lie about it or mislead anyone who actually bothered to look at all of the relevant info available at the time.

Not from my point of view.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

5 minutes ago, Praesi said:

Not from my point of view.

9_9

Care to elaborate? The facts are clear. The knowledge was publicly available.

If you want to be mad about the Titan Xp? Sure. Be mad about it. But be mad about it for the right reasons. Not some vague and incorrect notion that "It was supposed to be fully unlocked and the best".

Be mad about predatory business practices and pricing? Sure. Be mad about the goddamn retarded name? No problem. Be mad because the Titan X Pascal was "supposed to be unlocked and the fastest of this generation?" Totally incorrect based on previously available knowledge.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

The really criminal part is that Nvidia has removed all reference of the 2016 Nvidia Pascal on their website.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

32 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

They mislead a bit people because they placed a trend of having the titan being the best card of every generation for gamers, with the 80ti coming after for cheaper, so you paid premium to have the best early, and that's people bought into. The issue here is that they paid premium not to have the best card of the generation. I don't know their marketing materials enough, but that's basically how people feel, and why even people I've mostly seen praising nvidia like jayztwocents or other YouTube complain. I don't think they lied but they probably did took advantage of people in the assumption everyone made based on the last two generations. (To use your own words predatory business practices it falls into).

That and the name is ridiculous to be fair ;) 

22 minutes ago, laminutederire said:

They mislead a bit people because they placed a trend of having the titan being the best card of every generation for gamers, with the 80ti coming after for cheaper, so you paid premium to have the best early, and that's people bought into. The issue here is that they paid premium not to have the best card of the generation. I don't know their marketing materials enough, but that's basically how people feel, and why even people I've mostly seen praising nvidia like jayztwocents or other YouTube complain. I don't think they lied but they probably did took advantage of people in the assumption everyone made based on the last two generations. (To use your own words predatory business practices it falls into).

That and the name is ridiculous to be fair ;) 

This is the third generation of Titans. The first generation -- Kepler -- had two Titans (Titan and a Titan Black, where the original was a cut-down GK110 and the Black was a full GK110 that was released a year later). The second generation -- Maxwell -- had one Titan that launched as a full GM200. 

So, no, there was no trend indicating that the Titan X(P) would have been the best card in the generation. If anything, it's more likely that there would have eventually been a Titan Xp.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

wonder how owners of the first Titan Xp feel, given that you can buy it now for almost half the price in the form of a 1080ti and now this shit happens. Gotta love nvidia.

Here is what i think and sort of hope is going on. Nvidia caught wind of how vega performs and is just doing a quick cash grab before it launches and destroys everything. 

Fingers crossed. :D

GPU drivers giving you a hard time? Try this! (DDU)