[Updated] Nvidia releases a new Titan X GPU called "Titan Xp"

5 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

In nvidia's defense the Pascal version of titan is not officially called titan xp. The official name is Titan X or Titan X (Pascal). This is the official Titan Xp. And if anyone has noticed the P In Titan Xp is lowercase. 

Yeah, to make sure nobody confused a Pascal Titan X with the original Titan XM or even just the original original Kepler Titan. Now you have two Titan Xp's with different core count and memory speeds.

This thing is the 1060 6GB of Titan Xp's, with the Titan XP being the 1060 3GB. 

Ye ole' train

5 minutes ago, RagnarokDel said:

Man if I had a Titan Xp (the original), I'd be pissed right now.

IT WAS 9 MONTHS AGO!!!!

Holy poo man. 4 flagships launch in a generation. Talk about misleading it's consumers every "flagship" launch.

My personal guess is that due to the Quadros moving from the GP-102 to the GP-101 and -100, an excess of -102 chips has been made. Nvidia likely wants to sell this excess and so they needed to find a new market and application for the chips.

20 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

In nvidia's defense the Pascal version of titan is not officially called titan xp. The official name is Titan X or Titan X (Pascal). This is the official Titan Xp. And if anyone has noticed the P In Titan Xp is lowercase. 

But there are 24 letters in the alphabet that they haven't used yet and they had to pick the exact one that would match the moniker the community had given the current Titan to try and distinguish it from the prior iteration. Is Nvidia just here to troll us?

CPU - Ryzen Threadripper 2950X | Motherboard - X399 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | RAM - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4x8GB DDR4-3200 14-13-13-21 | GPU - Aorus GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce WB Xtreme Edition | Case - Inwin 909 (Silver) | Storage - Samsung 950 Pro 500GB, Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Samsung 840 Evo 500GB, HGST DeskStar 6TB, WD Black 2TB | PSU - Corsair AX1600i | Display - DELL ULTRASHARP U3415W |

this being faster than the 1080ti, i expect it'll do even better at 4k? one step closer to getting 4k 60fps gaming. though at the cost of a pretty penny 

2 hours ago, Angius said:

Soon Titan Vista, then Titan 7.

let me guess ... the Titan 10 will have forced driver updates and transmits all of your in game moves to the internet because cloud-everything.

oh, and it will display pop-up ads you never asked for or care for

29 minutes ago, RagnarokDel said:

Man if I had a Titan Xp (the original), I'd be pissed right now.

I'm not. This is par for the course. Their product cycle always functions like this. Not gonna bother selling my current card to get one of these though. Gonna wait until they hopefully release some all new architecture. 

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

LMAO, i call it almost a year ago, Nvidia probably have "Titan Black" this gen. Tadaa~

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

3 minutes ago, Valermos said:

I'm not. This is par for the course. Their product cycle always functions like this. Not gonna bother selling my current card to get one of these though. Gonna wait until they hopefully release some all new architecture. 

I don't see why people get their panties in a bunch. It's been at least half a year since the original Titan XP came out and both sides are guilty of releasing a "marginally better" flagship GPU in the same time frame. Sometimes for a cheaper price point (case in point, the Radeon HD 7970 for $550, then half a year later, the HD 7970 GHz edition for $500)

39 minutes ago, Grinners said:

I wonder if people who buy Ferraris get angry at Ferrari when they release a new model. 

Seems a silly thing to get angry about. 

I guess it depends. Those who bought a Ferrari because they thought the car they were getting was worth the price, probably not. They will enjoy the same car regardless of what gets released. On the other hand, if anyone bought the car at a premium price (i.e., more than what they considered the performance itself was worth) only to have the best car in existence, then yes, those will get angry about any release that makes their car second best (it's just that if said release is by another manufacturer they can always clutch at fanboyism to deny the fact).

In other words, it depends on whether they bought a GPU or they bought status :P 

This naming. They gotta be doing this on purpose lol. 

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

Update:

On Nvidia's blog, it says that there will be support for Mac users.

Open to Mac Community

Speaking of users, we’re also making the new TITAN Xp open to the Mac community with new Pascal drivers, coming this month. For the first time, this gives Mac users access to the immense horsepower delivered by our award-winning Pascal-powered GPUs.

Source: Nvidia Blog.

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

NVIDIA - "Hey Razer, how should we name our new Titan?"

Razer - "Just call it Titan X like you used to."

NVIDIA - "But we already named our last two ones Titan X, won't it cause a branding issue?"

Razer - "Then call it Titan Xp, p like a pro."

NVIDIA - "Thx, on it."

3 hours ago, Princess Cadence said:

-snip-

Can you give me a small loan of a million dollars princess :D?

I need to buy some of these cards.

Groomlake Authority

7 minutes ago, kameshss said:

Update:

On Nvidia's blog, it says that there will be support for Mac users.

Source: Nvidia Blog.

What, so the old tower Mac Pro's? 

Like the PSU will support it.

Ye ole' train

I've been thinking.... nVidia was so lazy with marketing they didn't even bother actually adding the p on cooler's TITAN X spelling....

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

Titan X22? Why not just use GTX Ti84?

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

They should've named it Titan Xepenis.

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

Titan Xp (service pack1), but realy i have the feeling that they are just trying to confuse people on purpose with naming 3 different gpu's almost  exactly the same, or maybe they are trying to make people so confused that they buy a quadro p6000 out of pure frustration.

CPU:R7 5800X    Motherboard: asrock x470 taichi ultimate   RAM: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws-V 2X16GB    GPU: Gigabyte GTX1080TI gaming oc 11g   Case: Corsair 600Q Storage: 1TB Samsung 870(boot), samsung 850evo 500GB, 2TB Corsair MX500, samsung 2TB 970 evo plus, WD 5TB black    PSU: Corsair AX860    CPU cooling: Corsair H105

31 minutes ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

I guess it depends. Those who bought a Ferrari because they thought the car they were getting was worth the price, probably not. They will enjoy the same car regardless of what gets released. On the other hand, if anyone bought the car at a premium price (i.e., more than what they considered the performance itself was worth) only to have the best car in existence, then yes, those will get angry about any release that makes their car second best (it's just that if said release is by another manufacturer they can always clutch at fanboyism to deny the fact).

In other words, it depends on whether they bought a GPU or they bought status :P 

Such a dumb fucking argument.

Sure lets just stop advancing in technology and never make anything better overtime so that way cry babies can always have their stuff be the best. No one should bitch that their card that is almost a year old is now beat by the next model.

16 minutes ago, lots of unexplainable lag said:

What, so the old tower Mac Pro's? 

Like the PSU will support it.

I believe it does. But not sure. Just saw bunch of pics with some custom cooler GPUs. They had 8 pin connectors.

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.