Intel i3 7350K (4.2Ghz) GeekBench Benchmarks Leaked Allegedly Outperforms an i5 6400 & 4670K CPUs

Welcome to the WCCF Salt mine tour, Please keep your arms & Legs & head inside the salt-mines ride at all times

salt_banner.jpg

The Upcoming series of intel CPU's are promising real gems , the new line up for the first time is putting out one of its i-3 version of the mainstream entry level cpu with it's cores unlocked! The Intel Core i3 7350K benchmark scores have been leaked from a source & it looks promising , The new chip is aimed at a better gaming budget platform & looking at this results it is supposed to be as powerful as an unlocked i5 from previous years

The Core i3 7350K is to run at 4.2GHz speed out of the box

200w.gif200w.gif200w.gif200w.gif200w.gif200w.gif200w.gif200w.gif200w.gif200w.gif200w.gif200w.gif200w.gif200w.gif200w.gif200w.gif200w.gif200w.gif200w.gif200w.gif200w.gif200w.gif200w.gif

i3-7350K-Benchmarks-768x791.jpg

These scores when compared to the previous generation  i5-6400 score of 9982  &  i5-4670K score of 10036 promises a significant performance bump if it's true in a real world scenario

http://browser.primatelabs.com/v4/cpu/1107343

i3-7350K has a dual-core  with four threaded processor with a base clock of 4.0GHz that can be boost up to 4.2GHz, 4MB of L3 cache and a TDP of 91 watts. The CPU is allegedly going for a retail price of $177-$180 range according to some sites, expect to pay a minimum of that

The i7 & i5 Lineup specs sheet

Core i7-7700K Core i5-7600K
Process 14nm Plus 14nm Plus
cores: 4 4
Threads: 8 4
Base clock speed: 4.2GHz 3.8GHz
Max clock speed: 4.5GHz 4.2GHz
L3 cache: 8MB 6MB
Max power draw: 91 watts 91 watts
 socket: LGA 1151 LGA 1151
Price: $350 $240

The Intel Core i3 7350K is the first of its kind. It’s the first ever i3 chip we’ve seen from Intel that actually brings an overclocking friendly unlocked multiplier to the table. Which is something that so many enthusiasts have been calling for and for quite a long time too. The i3 7350K is rated at a TDP of 91W and features 4MB of L3 cache. It’s a dual core, hyperthreaded part which means it can execute up to four threads simultaneously.

200w.gif200w.gif200w.gif200w.gif

i3-7350K-Benchmark.jpg

Something with a performance ticks like this was introduced back on the intels anniversary edition pentium processor G3258 Pentium Anniversary cpu which managed to be seriously budget friendly & delivered good enough gaming performance for budget users when it came to gaming , some alleged it to reach near AMD's thingamagig numbers like 5ghz

The overclocking-friendly Core i3 7350K could be Kaby Lake's budget gaming hero

This is the only leaked benchmark i could find on the site so far, will update soon , The AMD's beast of a CPU code named zen is to be out this January , would be interesting to see this going head to head with it,

Thanks for visiting the salt mines , Leave Your thoughts, Comments & Concerns down there

Source:

http://wccftech.com/intel-preparing-unlocked-i3-7350k-42ghz-dual-core-cpu/

Computer-Facepalm-Meme-07.jpg

Details separate people.

Glad i'm still on Ivy Bridge. With my mobo slowly dying, may be time to consider an upgrade, assuming that the i5 and i7 have similar gains.

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

The overclocking-friendly Core i3 7350K could be Kaby Lake's budget gaming hero

If it's priced at $180, it's no budget hero.

Also what was the speed of 4670K? I must be blind or they "forgot" that. Blind is what I am.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

6 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

Also what was the speed of 4670K? I must be blind or they "forgot" that. 

There is another locked variant i3-7100 priced at $122 , not sure if it'll amount to anything , 4670k on that geekbenchscore was clocked at 3.39ghz

Details separate people.

Just now, Bouzoo said:

Also what was the speed of 4670K? I must be blind or they forgot that. 

Must be stock, I'm sure the 4670k is much faster when overclocked since it has four legit cores. It's weird how a single core i3 gets 5k score and doubles to 10k. I mean, it's even more useless that 4670k has a single core score of 4k and barely double over 10k on all four cores, it's a 2k increase on other cores after single core for that processor.

At 180 its not "budget" imo.

Has there been any word on pentium/celeron kaby lake cpu's? if they're even making them, it'd be interesting to see how they perform if this is how the i3 does.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

6 minutes ago, Tech_Dreamer said:

4670k on that geekbenchscore was clocked at 3.39ghz

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

I don't think anyone would not overclock that. As @jagdtigger showed, if overclocked, it's much better.

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

21 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

You may have forgotten to mention the mention of an Asus Strix Z270 board :P

But eeeehhh.... would still prefer an i5.

well if the i3 is beating an i5, i can only imagine what the i5 and i7 will bring. 

35 minutes ago, Tech_Dreamer said:

There is another locked variant i3-7100 priced at $122 , not sure if it'll amount to anything , 4670k on that geekbenchscore was clocked at 3.39ghz

Apparently their point is that it beats them all on stock, which is not quite right. 

http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench2/search?q=i5+4670k

Was this benched on 32-bit windows?

JPf2AmH.png

4 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

Was this benched on 32-bit windows?

Saying it's 64bit win 10

Details separate people.

35 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

Also what was the speed of 4670K? I must be blind or they "forgot" that. Blind is what I am.

Add mobo and comes to 280. Go up to 400 to add everything else on the cheap (PSU, RAM, Case, HDD) and add a 1050ti or 470. Is sub 600 and delivering 2x the performance of the PS4 Plus.

That might not be heroic but it is pretty damn good nevertheless if you assume all new parts.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Just now, Tech_Dreamer said:

Saying it's 64bit win 10

I swear to god I'm really blind today. But those scores are really way off when compared to every single one in the link I posted. We'll see.

2 hours ago, Arty said:

well if the i3 is beating an i5, i can only imagine what the i5 and i7 will bring. 

Yes, a 4-4.2GHz i3 is beating a 2.7-3.3GHz i5 in single core, an by a little bit in multi core as well...

But hey, I guess they could market it as "The Best Dual Core Ever!". It would be so 2006 I'm already feeling younger!

Oh, they were salt shakers. I thought they were dancing light bulbs. :P

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Holy shit did someone notice the TDP of 91W...? That's insane, how is it so high?

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

7 hours ago, RKRiley said:

At 180 its not "budget" imo.

Has there been any word on pentium/celeron kaby lake cpu's? if they're even making them, it'd be interesting to see how they perform if this is how the i3 does.

Adding the fact that you need a Z Class motherboard really makes it not budget friendly.

21 minutes ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

Holy shit did someone notice the TDP of 91W...? That's insane, how is it so high?

Intel's numbers have been creeping up lately. Almost feels like efficiency improvements aren't a thing given for desktop SKUs. Or it's that much difficult to get >4GHz on these (ever shrinking) smaller nodes.

The problem is that this is an nVidia product and scoring any nVidia product a "zero" is also highly predictive of the number of nVidia products the reviewer will receive for review in the future.

On 2015-01-28 at 5:24 PM, Victorious Secret said:

Only yours, you don't shitpost on the same level that we can, mainly because this thread is finally dead and should be locked.

On 2016-06-07 at 11:25 PM, patrickjp93 said:

I wasn't wrong. It's extremely rare that I am. I provided sources as well. Different devs can disagree. Further, we now have confirmed discrepancy from Twitter about he use of the pre-release 1080 driver in AMD's demo despite the release 1080 driver having been out a week prior.

On 2016-09-10 at 4:32 PM, Hikaru12 said:

You apparently haven't seen his responses to questions on YouTube. He is very condescending and aggressive in his comments with which there is little justification. He acts totally different in his videos. I don't necessarily care for this content style and there is nothing really unique about him or his channel. His endless dick jokes and toilet humor are annoying as well.

Just now, Shahnewaz said:

Adding the fact that you need a Z Class motherboard really makes it not budget friendly.

Intel's numbers have been creeping up lately. Almost feels like efficiency improvements aren't a thing given for desktop SKUs. Or it's that much difficult to get >4GHz on these (ever shrinking) smaller nodes.

91W is basically the TDP of a 6700K. I don't get how it could be quite so high and what would make the .4 GHz speed increase over an i3 6300 make it require so much more power. 

Also, i3s don't have Turbo Boost.

Gonna call B.S. on this article cuz A. WCCF and B. Those numbers just look way too off.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

What's up with all the salt graphics? I personally wouldn't find it terribly surprising nor rage-inducing that an i3 at 4.2 GHz and a marginal IPC bump does about as well as a locked 3.3 GHz i5.