Intel i3 7350K (4.2Ghz) GeekBench Benchmarks Leaked Allegedly Outperforms an i5 6400 & 4670K CPUs

2 minutes ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

91W is basically the TDP of a 6700K. I don't get how it could be quite so high and what would make the .4 GHz speed increase over an i3 6300 make it require so much more power. 

Also, i3s don't have Turbo Boost.

Gonna call B.S. on this article cuz A. WCCF and B. Those numbers just look way too off.

Good point, didn't realize it was consuming as much power as its 4-core variants.

Also, it's Intel TDP numbers, so they aren't exactly all that accurate. 9_9

The problem is that this is an nVidia product and scoring any nVidia product a "zero" is also highly predictive of the number of nVidia products the reviewer will receive for review in the future.

On 2015-01-28 at 5:24 PM, Victorious Secret said:

Only yours, you don't shitpost on the same level that we can, mainly because this thread is finally dead and should be locked.

On 2016-06-07 at 11:25 PM, patrickjp93 said:

I wasn't wrong. It's extremely rare that I am. I provided sources as well. Different devs can disagree. Further, we now have confirmed discrepancy from Twitter about he use of the pre-release 1080 driver in AMD's demo despite the release 1080 driver having been out a week prior.

On 2016-09-10 at 4:32 PM, Hikaru12 said:

You apparently haven't seen his responses to questions on YouTube. He is very condescending and aggressive in his comments with which there is little justification. He acts totally different in his videos. I don't necessarily care for this content style and there is nothing really unique about him or his channel. His endless dick jokes and toilet humor are annoying as well.

5 minutes ago, Shahnewaz said:

Good point, didn't realize it was consuming as much power as its 4-core variants.

Also, it's Intel TDP numbers, so they aren't exactly all that accurate. 9_9

An i3 using as much power as an i7 or quite a fair bit more than an i5 doesn't make sense. I just don't think it's real, this is something common about WCCF.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Not surprised about Single core. The price jump is.. ew. 

Seems like they (possibly) increased dual core efficiency? 

An I3 better then a 4 years old I5 chip? Shocking! I'm pretty sure my 4670k was better then my I7 920 I had previously...

2 hours ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

An i3 using as much power as an i7 or quite a fair bit more than an i5 doesn't make sense. I just don't think it's real, this is something common about WCCF.

But TDP rating isn't power consumption. Not just because of the difference between TDP and power consumption, let's assume is the same thing for the sake of the argument, but especially because of the difference between TDP ratings and what CPUs actually consume/generate. For example, all AM3+ CPUs are either 95W or 125W (let's forget the 220s), which would imply 6x3.9GHz=8x4.0GHz, or 4x4.0GHz=8x3.30GHz. In practice it's never the case, but I guess they factor in intended OC headroom or even binning to lump SKUs in 2 or 3 TDP ratings.

Or maybe this just confirms that they are teleporting it straight from LGA775 days :P 

15 minutes ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

But TDP rating isn't power consumption. Not just because of the difference between TDP and power consumption, let's assume is the same thing for the sake of the argument, but especially because of the difference between TDP ratings and what CPUs actually consume/generate. For example, all AM3+ CPUs are either 95W or 125W (let's forget the 220s), which would imply 6x3.9GHz=8x4.0GHz, or 4x4.0GHz=8x3.30GHz. In practice it's never the case, but I guess they factor in intended OC headroom or even binning to lump SKUs in 2 or 3 TDP ratings.

Or maybe this just confirms that they are teleporting it straight from LGA775 days :P 

I was using the 91W TDP as a point of reference for me justifying why I thought this article was bogus, and that's because of the way too high TDP for an i3 (yes I know that Thermal Design Power is not power consumption) and because they mention Turbo Boosting to 4.2 GHz, something i3s have never been capable of doing because Turbo Boost was always reserved for i5s and above.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

$180 CPU and a $100 Z270 mobo for two cores (w/HT) or $200 for a CPU and $40 for an H210 (?) mobo for a true quad that's going to stomp on the unlocked i3 in multicore performance anyway?

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

20 minutes ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

I was using the 91W TDP as a point of reference for me justifying why I thought this article was bogus, and that's because of the way too high TDP for an i3 (yes I know that Thermal Design Power is not power consumption) and because they mention Turbo Boosting to 4.2 GHz, something i3s have never been capable of doing because Turbo Boost was always reserved for i5s and above.

It won't be me the one to defend the reliability of the source :P 

The boost clock was mentioned in earlier rumors as well, though:

But time will tell. Until then, I stick to it being an unlocked E8400 ^_^

Nvm I read "i7". Unlocked i3 woop woop. If pricing is right then we have a winner (But this is intel we talk about....)

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

12 hours ago, Scruffy90 said:

Glad i'm still on Ivy Bridge. With my mobo slowly dying, may be time to consider an upgrade, assuming that the i5 and i7 have similar gains.

i5 and i5 will be max 10% faster if not less compared to previous generation aka 6700k. Not much of a jump. But if you are upgrading from older gen to this then yes, it is worth it.

5 hours ago, typographie said:

What's up with all the salt graphics? I personally wouldn't find it terribly surprising nor rage-inducing that an i3 at 4.2 GHz and a marginal IPC bump does about as well as a locked 3.3 GHz i5.

I am sure that he meant to signify that one should take this rumor with some amount of salt, as in: be skeptical.

Not the 'U MAD BRO?!' kind of salty that is all the rage these days.

I deal in shitposts and shitpost accessories.

3 hours ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

That's a BIT old lol.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

6 hours ago, typographie said:

What's up with all the salt graphics?

It's WCCF Tech, you need the proper disclaimers! 

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

i7 7700k will be released in Q1 2017?

Or are my informations wrong?

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

7 hours ago, typographie said:

What's up with all the salt graphics? I personally wouldn't find it terribly surprising nor rage-inducing that an i3 at 4.2 GHz and a marginal IPC bump does about as well as a locked 3.3 GHz i5.

7 hours ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

Gonna call B.S. on this article cuz A. WCCF and B. Those numbers just look way too off.

Pretty much B.S. yes All of their numbers are way off, they are pretty much the same, or really close to tests on 32-bit windows. All other results on Geekbench show are way ahead of the i3. 

http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench2/search?utf8=✓&q=i5+6400

http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench2/search?q=i5+4670k

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

4 hours ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

You know, upgrading every 8-9 years might not be a bad idea. :P

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

i have a spare 2600k sitting around, how would that compare?

2017 Macbook Pro 15 inch

6 minutes ago, pit5000 said:

i have a spare 2600k sitting around, how would that compare?

Around 25% slower in singlecore, and slightly faster multicore. Give or take some salt.

Silent build - You know your pc is too loud when the deaf complain. Windows 98 gaming build, smells like beige

Nice, i'd still buy at least a quad core however. I'm more likely to side with a i7 however due to video rendering etc and certain games taking advantage of multi threading. 

Still waiting for the new AMD processors.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

Too bad geekbench is garbage, as clearly shown by the fact the multithreaded score for the i3 is double that of single core (which makes sense since it's a dual core) but in the case of the i5 it's less than 3 times the single core score despite the i5 having 4 cores. Also, the 4670k has significantly higher single core results compared to the 6400, but is only barely faster in the multithreaded test - what gives?

9 hours ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

91W is basically the TDP of a 6700K. I don't get how it could be quite so high and what would make the .4 GHz speed increase over an i3 6300 make it require so much more power. 

Also, i3s don't have Turbo Boost.

It's possible (possible, not likely) that the TDP was given some margin to accomodate for high overclocking.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

9 hours ago, Wolther said:

Not surprised about Single core. The price jump is.. ew. 

Seems like they (possibly) increased dual core efficiency? 

No, quite simply geekbench is a very bad benchmarking tool, especially for x86.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

2 hours ago, Castdeath97 said:

It's WCCF Tech, you need the proper disclaimers! 

WCCF? I think we need even more salt.

I deal in shitposts and shitpost accessories.

15 hours ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

Fml, allow me to sweeten this thread, its too darn salty as of now!

sugarsuagr.jpg (2048×1366)

That's sugar, by the way.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR