Dell announces UP3017Q 4K OLED Ultrasharp display that costs $4999 - CES 2016

kameshss

Dell announced UP3017Q, the OLED display that has 3840x2160 resolution.

The UP3017Q is rated at 100 percent of the AdobeRGB color space and can hit 97.8 percent of the DCI-P3 color space. DCI-P3 is the color space used exclusively for cinema today.

The new Dell UltraSharp 30 has a contrast ratio of 400,000:1, supports 4K UHD, and has a response time of 0.1 milliseconds with it's 120Hz refresh rate.

The UP3017Q isn’t aimed at gamers or casual users. Dell expects it to mostly cater to professionals.

I'm sure gamers are gonna buy this. Ofcourse, it cost $4999. The PC itself gonna be lower than $1500 to power this monitor.

The company said it has built in special features to compensate for two weaknesses of OLED. The first is image retention, where a static image that has been on the screen too long “burns in” to the screen. Dell said the UP3017Q uses a pixel-shifting feature to reduce the chance of burn-in.

The other problem with OLED panels is a shorter life span due to the organic layer breaking down over time. Dell said the UP3017Q features a “presence” detector to tell when you’re in front of the monitor or not, and switch off the display when you aren’t.

It’s not just about the fancy OLED screen, though. Dell said it has integrated USB-C Power Delivery into the new monitor so you can run the display and power your laptop through a single USB-C cable.

If your devices aren't USB Type-C compatible but find yourself blessed with the $4,999 needed to purchase the UltraSharp 30 when it's released this March, Dell is also selling some multiport converters this year to help its business class customers make the switch.

Product Images:

Dell-30-inch-UltraSharp-UP3017Q_official

Dell-30-inch-UltraSharp-UP3017Q_02.jpg

dell-4k-oled-display-3739.0.0.jpg

[spoiler=More Product Images]

p1010278-1.jpg

p1010275-1.jpg

p1010276-1.jpg

p1010271-1.jpg

p1010270-1.jpg

Just got the confirmation from the Dell itself.

I tweeted them.

And the monitor supports 4k @ 120 Hz.

Source: TheVerge, PCWorld, TechRadar.

Pricing & Availability: It cost $4999 and will be available from March 31, 2016.

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

There you go OLED lovers, have at it. Only 4999.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

not for gamers, still 0.1 ms response time

inb4 gamers buy this

not enough hertz, response time doesn't matter much anymore

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

not enough hertz, response time doesn't matter much anymore

120Hz. Now added. Source here http://www.in.techradar.com/reviews/pc-mac/monitors-and-projectors/monitors/Dell-UP3017Q-OLED-4K-monitor/articleshow/50474839.cms

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Spoiler

I didn't notice the last 9 in the price and got excited. Too bad, lol.

Still, means OLED monitors are finally becoming a thing. 

I will buy one for sure when they get more affordable, the colour reproduction is just amazing.

i want it now, fuck you

$5000. Send it to my account. I'll send you the monitor. I've got an insider at Dell.

I didn't notice the last 9 in the price and got excited. Too bad, lol.

Still, means OLED monitors are finally becoming a thing. 

I will buy one for sure when they get more affordable, the colours reproduction is just amazing.

colour reproduction isn't that much more impressive than a good IPS panel, it's the near infinite contrast that makes things pop.

$5000. Send it to my account. I'll send you the monitor. I've got an insider at Dell.

if you got an insider can't we work out some deal with me not paying taxes?

Spoiler

Here I am enjoying my dell 34" ultra wide, and then I see this bitch...one day.

Main Rig "Rocinante" - Ryzen 9 5900X, EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 Ultra Gaming, 32GB 3600MHz DDR4

Time to sell those kidneys, one for the monitor, the other for a bunch of 980Ti's.

144Hz goodness

i want it now, fuck you

son of a bitch

I cri  I want 

edit: nvm I need a 24" or 23.8" and then ill take it 

DAMN! I was going to pick up a 144hz monitor, but now I'm saving for this.

if you got an insider can't we work out some deal with me not paying taxes?

lol.

yeh sur man.

DAMN! I was going to pick up a 144hz monitor, but now I'm saving for this.

You're gonna buy this monitor? ETA? 

My body is ready.

My wallet is not. <_<

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

You're gonna buy this monitor? ETA? 

Probably around June or July assuming I still have the money and the HTC Vive doesn't blow my socks off :P. If the Vive lives up to the hype I'll build a new system for VR.

you're willing to drop 5k for a monitor?

I'd drop 5k on a lot of dumb things, this being one of them

not for gamers, still 0.1 ms response time

inb4 gamers buy this

Someone, somewhere, playing CSGO, will buy this monitor. I guarantee it.

a 30 inch oled panel isnt that expensive to manufacture we just need to wait for a non pro grade version

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

I guess the quality and endurance of OLED has reached a point where it can handle being used as a monitor. That is really awesome. Hopefully these monitors will be affordable next year.

Contrast and response time are amazing. As are colour reproduction. Since OLED doesn't need to hold a charge like LCD, it menas it can go below 30hz. Thus we can have a full no bs, Adaptive Sync from the full 9 (or lower) to 120hz. Too bad that is not included.

I have a Samsung s5 mini with AMOLED (though it's the old pentile type). All I can say is hot damn! I want a 34" ultra wide curved 1440p OLED monitor with Adaptive sync!

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro