Fourteen Year Old Student Arrested For Bringing Homemade Clock to School

Rune

Sources: http://www.theverge.com/2015/9/16/9335965/ahmed-mohamed-14-year-old-arrested-clock-hoax-bomb

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/community-news/northwest-dallas-county/headlines/20150915-irving-9th-grader-arrested-after-taking-homemade-clock-to-school-so-you-tried-to-make-a-bomb.ece

A brief attempt to summarize: The student built a clock and put it in a pencil case and brought it to school to show his engineering teacher. This teacher approved, but apparently others didn't. It made a beeping noise and police were called. He was handcuffed and taken away after being briefly interrogated, and is now suspended from returning to school. The police are also considering whether or not to place charges on him, while the device was described as being built with "a circuit board and power supply wired to a digital display, all strapped inside a case with a tiger hologram on the front."

He's wearing a shirt with the nasa logo on it. I have rarely been more disappointed in my country.

I should note, he was released from custody after a few hours.

Edit 9/16: The police are no longer thinking of pressing charges, and the president has invited him to the white house, and Mark Zuckerberg has invited him to FBHQ!

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/obama-invites-suspended-muslim-teen-to-the-white-house/ar-AAenDFU?ocid=ansmsnnews11

https://www.facebook.com/zuck/posts/10102373304096361?pnref=story

Mistreated my ass. It's like bringing a fake gun into school it doesn't matter if it's real or if you made it yourself, you can't do that.

jGZ8RBU.jpg

this is what it looks like, sketchy as hell.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Mistreated my ass. It's like bringing a fake gun into school it doesn't matter if it's real or if you made it yourself, you can't do that.

I think he was being creative. What if he was going to help innovate some future technology with that imagination and level of involvement some day? Now he's said he's not going to share any of his inventions and questions doing them at all.

Terrorism has won.

Like we didn't know that before.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Not really, there's no ambiguity about the look of a gun.

One person's bomb is another persons suitcase, shoe, or water bottle.

So now you can't even bring things you make to school...

Terrorism has won.

No, the people who are doing the real scaremongering have won.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Not really, there's no ambiguity about the look of a gun.

One person's bomb is another persons suitcase, shoe, or water bottle.

Exactly, unless you are a idiot who get's the impression of how a bomb looks like from watching cartoons and movies a clock that beeps is no were near a bomb. 

This is how the media thinks a IED or bomb looks like

2wqB2lW.jpeg

A bomb or IED generally never look like this, they look like this (though there is a lot of creativity it could even be packed in a tin can)

X2DGeXQ.jpeg

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

This is how you create a monster. By destroying their childhood. Also, another typical stereotyping, fuck 'murica, fuck those cops, fuck the one who called for the police.

Developer by day, Gamer by night

CPU - Intel i7 4770k | MOBO MSI G45 Gaming | RAM - G.Skill RipJaws X 1600mhz 4x4gb CL7 | CASE - NZXT H440 | GPU - MSI R9 290 | PSU - Corsair RM850 | SSD - Samsung 840 EVO 128gb | HDD - Western Digital Black 2TB

That's like me, aged 16, getting arrested for bringing HEAPS of home-made appliances that were actual HOMEWORK.

It's a clock, for Pete sake, not a nucular warhead.

CLOCKS ARE NOT EVIL <__<

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

Here is point that I also need to add in order to show how humans never use their common sense.

Why in the world would a real bomb have a timer stuck to and why would it beep. Unless you are trying to literally tell your victim to get away there is not reason for this. This is what hollywood did for us, they added the timer to give a sense of time running out in their movies. But, dear god they decide use this as a image for every bomb instead of turning that tin foil in their head to think that it would be stupid to include it in a bomb in the first place.

Pascal laptops guide

Here is point that I also need to add in order to show how humans never use their common sense.

Why in the world would a real bomb have a timer stuck to and why would it beep. Unless you are trying to literally tell your victim to get away there is not reason for this. This is what hollywood did for us, they added the timer to give a sense of time running out in their movies. But, dear god they decide use this as a image for every bomb instead of turning that tin foil in their head to think that it would be stupid to include it in a bomb in the first place.

Wasn't there a US senator that appeared to get all of his information from Hollywood, more specifically its movies?

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

...yikes, I remember bringing an electronic project to school when I was 11 or 12. Sure, it was an order of magnitude simpler, only 2 transistors, some flashing LEDs and some passive components, but it's a little scary that they might have thought the same of my device. Good thing that was in a pre-9/11 world, in a country that does not earn the wrath of the middle-east, or any other region of the world.

You can kiss your rights goodbye if anyone "sincerely" thinks they're in danger, even if they're naive idiots who think that depictions of bombs in movies are even remotely accurate.

What is that thing anyway? Something like an Arduino? I'm guessing it's not actually an Arduino since those tend to use blue boards.

No, the people who are doing the real scaremongering have won.

If terrorism hadn't won, there would be nothing (concrete) for scaremongers to use on the public. It undermined our security simply for the fact that it has scared so many people (particularly liberals when it comes to media and politicians) into acting like the solution is extremism itself. Just look at what has happened to the USA in terms of security and privacy invasion in the name of security since 9/11.

Whether or not they won through their terrorism or through scaremongers acting on their terrorism, they still won. Their objective was to scare us into changing our sense of freedoms and rights, and it has worked and is working to this day.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Wasn't there a US senator that appeared to get all of his information from Hollywood, more specifically its movies?

Sadly I don't know much about politics to recoginze him.

Pascal laptops guide

The bit about the police being called and people being uncomfortable I can understand (what with the school shootings and all), but arrested and suspended? 

Even a rookie police office could surely tell if something's a bomb or clock... 

Are you for real? A circuit board and a bomb don't share the similitude of a fake and a real pistol.

A bomb or IED generally never look like this, they look like this (though there is a lot of creativity it could even be packed in a tin can)

X2DGeXQ.jpeg

And they should also arrest everyone who owns a cellphone, since those are a very common way of detonating bombs.

/s

Edited by Litargirio

i7 4790K || R9 290X + R9 290 || 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1866 || Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5 || Crucial MX100 256GB || WD Caviar Blue 1TB

The bit about the police being called and people being uncomfortable I can understand (what with the school shootings and all), but arrested and suspended? 

Even a rookie police office could surely tell if something's a bomb or clock... 

Why do we not have a photo of the "clock"? Are the officers and teachers making a futile attempt to conceal their stupidity, with which they identified a circuit board not materially different from one you would find in any electronic appliance, as a bomb?

I wouldnt be surprised if that kid were to bomb that school because of this shit.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Why do we not have a photo of the "clock"? Are the officers and teachers making a futile attempt to conceal their stupidity, with which they identified a circuit board not materially different from one you would find in any electronic appliance, as a bomb?

-snip- Never mind.

I'm assuming that is it next to him...