Fourteen Year Old Student Arrested For Bringing Homemade Clock to School

Rune

It's not a hoax bomb. The kid was wearing a NASA T-Shirt when he was arrested. He built a homemade alarm clock and brought it to school to show his friends. I used to do things like this myself when I was younger, being a geek and all, and I turned out pretty well (obtaining an electrical engineering masters degree).

I had a Chemistry set, Microscope, Electronic kits, Telescope and MANY books growing up. I took electronic products apart and built new devices with them. I took PCs apart and put them back together when I was 7 or 8 years old. Construx and Lego's were a big part of my life.

Texas is a land of fear-mongers (HardOCP comes to mind). It doesn't mean that all Texans are like this... but wow... racism and hate is big over there.

Hats off to this kid :)

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." - Arthur Conan Doyle (Sherlock Holmes)

Good.

I don't particularly like Obama, that being said... that kid deserves to be recognized. Any kid who strives to learn how to build things has the potential to change the world.

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." - Arthur Conan Doyle (Sherlock Holmes)

It's not a hoax bomb. The kid was wearing a NASA T-Shirt when he was arrested. He built a homemade alarm clock and brought it to school to show his friends. I used to do things like this myself when I was younger, being a geek and all, and I turned out pretty well (obtaining an electrical engineering masters degree).

I had a Chemistry set, Microscope, Electronic kits, Telescope and MANY books growing up. I took electronic products apart and built new devices with them. I took PCs apart and put them back together when I was 7 or 8 years old. Construx and Lego's were a big part of my life.

Texas is a land of fear-mongers (HardOCP comes to mind). It doesn't mean that all Texans are like this... but wow... racism and hate is big over there.

Hats off to this kid :)

Everyone knows that, but the school failed to use rational thinking skills.  That is the point of the quotes around "hoax bomb".  That's what the police said it was believed to be.

Sadly we are seeing way too much of this lately :(

REDLINECore i7 6700k 4.8ghz 1.37v.Noctua NH-u12s.MSI Z170A Gaming M7.16GB Kingston Hyper X Fury Black.MSI Gaming R9 390 8GB Crossfire + GTX 780 PhysX.Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD.Fractal Design Define R5 Midi Black.SeaSonic X Series 1050w Gold.Logitech G302 Deadalus Prime.Ducky DK2108 Zero Mech Cherry Blue.

Repost...

Repost...

Where?

REDLINECore i7 6700k 4.8ghz 1.37v.Noctua NH-u12s.MSI Z170A Gaming M7.16GB Kingston Hyper X Fury Black.MSI Gaming R9 390 8GB Crossfire + GTX 780 PhysX.Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD.Fractal Design Define R5 Midi Black.SeaSonic X Series 1050w Gold.Logitech G302 Deadalus Prime.Ducky DK2108 Zero Mech Cherry Blue.

God damn it the video has been up an hour :(

I once brought my raspberry pi to work, glad no one saw it....I will no longer bring it out in the public anymore

My Rig: i7-3770K, EVGA gtx980 SC, Asus P8-Z77 V-Pro, 2X Samsung 840 Evo 250GB SSD, 1X 850 Evo 1TB SSD, Corsair Obsidian 650D, 2X8GB Gskill Ripjaws, Seasonic X-850w PSU, Corsair H100i, 2X Asus vg248qe, Corsair Sabre RGB, 2X Corsair K95 RGB, Hyper X Cloud II

Corsair Krew - Lifetime Member  ASUS Krew - Lifetime Member  Samsung Krew - Lifetime Member EVGA Krew - Lifetime Member  Intel Krew - Lifetime Member

Where?

Dunno about the video, but the news is.

Okay I've seen several posts now mentioning the kid was wearing a NASA t-shirt. Are NASA t-shirts only given out by NASA or something that makes it such an oddity that he's wearing one?

Sadly we are seeing way too much of this lately :(

WELL IT COULD HAVE BEEN AN ALLAHU AKBAR

MURICA TRUMP 2016

reposted so many times*

*about the news

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

Okay I've seen several posts now mentioning the kid was wearing a NASA t-shirt. Are NASA t-shirts only given out by NASA or something that makes it such an oddity that he's wearing one?

No. But in general, one does not wear shirts of something they do not support and as far as beliefs go Nasa is pretty honorable. Not really something you would see a terrorist in, I think...

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

When i was a kid i got bullied in school so in my bag was a bread knife, bullying stopped instantly, these days you bring a painting you did of a WWII aircraft and the PO PO will shoot you for re-imagining a war.

BTW my story is no joke, it's called scare tactics, it works.

When i was a kid i got bullied in school so in my bag was a bread knife, bullying stopped instantly, these days you bring a painting you did of a WWII aircraft and the PO PO will shoot you for re-imagining a war.

BTW my story is no joke, it's called scare tactics, it works.

It's also called carrying an offensive weapon, which could have got your parents arrested...

No. But in general, one does not wear shirts of something they do not support and as far as beliefs go Nasa is pretty honorable. Not really something you would see a terrorist in, I think...

I see the reasoning but one must be careful with assumptions.

It's also called carrying an offensive weapon, which could have got your parents arrested...

In the UK? no.

Law was different in the 90's.

In the UK? no.

Law was different in the 90's.

Interesting, a friend of mine did the same but it was a penknife and his parents had to both take a 2-hour class after appearing in court.

Really quite surprised that the same didn't happen to you (btw, fellow 90s kid here, but I started school in 1998)

Interesting, a friend of mine did the same but it was a penknife and his parents had to both take a 2-hour class after appearing in court.

Really quite surprised that the same didn't happen to you (btw, fellow 90s kid here, but I started school in 1998)

LOL i did this in 99 just before high school, maybe i am wrong then, but it never went anywhere near that far, it's perhaps due to the bully being part of s dysfunctional family, not like i was not too though.

The point is these idiots in his school can't put 1+1 together to equal 2.

He is wearing a NASA t shirt and is carrying around a clock he made himself from scratch.

It is obvious he is interested in electronics, engineering and science to some extent.  Unfortunately his heritage has blinded those slacked jawed yokels to these facts.