Fourteen Year Old Student Arrested For Bringing Homemade Clock to School

Rune

Apperantly this is the clock

jGZ8RBU.jpg

It doesn't look like a clock. And if you would watch allot of movies this would look like a Hollywood style bomb to you.

:/

jGZ8RBU.jpg

It doesn't look like a clock. And if you would watch allot of movies this would look like a Hollywood style bomb to you.

I see no explosives in there, i see a transformer and a big LCD.

Idiot's, idiot's everywhere.

REDLINECore i7 6700k 4.8ghz 1.37v.Noctua NH-u12s.MSI Z170A Gaming M7.16GB Kingston Hyper X Fury Black.MSI Gaming R9 390 8GB Crossfire + GTX 780 PhysX.Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD.Fractal Design Define R5 Midi Black.SeaSonic X Series 1050w Gold.Logitech G302 Deadalus Prime.Ducky DK2108 Zero Mech Cherry Blue.

I knew it homework is dangerous to do!!!!!!! i was right to aviod as much of it as possible for my safety.

make me do my homework.... poo on ur face

BTW i was taught all about IDE's in the forces even the most basic forms of one, this kid is bright and you can see it's simply a clock.

REDLINECore i7 6700k 4.8ghz 1.37v.Noctua NH-u12s.MSI Z170A Gaming M7.16GB Kingston Hyper X Fury Black.MSI Gaming R9 390 8GB Crossfire + GTX 780 PhysX.Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD.Fractal Design Define R5 Midi Black.SeaSonic X Series 1050w Gold.Logitech G302 Deadalus Prime.Ducky DK2108 Zero Mech Cherry Blue.

I see no explosives in there, i see a transformer and a big LCD.

Idiot's, idiot's everywhere.

People can get worried from worse things. I bet this is not the first time that in the USA in particular (purely because this happened in the US) children where arrested/detained/suspended for bringing a toy gun, or a picture of a gun, or talking about a movie which has guns in it, or making pew pew noises.

-snip-

Even if you watch a lot of movies, you should be able to differentiate between Hollywood and reality ...

Even if you watch a lot of movies, you should be able to differentiate between Hollywood and reality ...

"teachers" no common pissing sense, a huge lack on basic electronics too.

Yeah you should. But you won't.

It's easy to say, oh it's just a clock after you know it is one. I would honestly have no clue this is a clock, doesn't mean I would assume it's a bomb - but if the person has read a news story of a ISIS terror attack or threats, that may trigger him into suspecting such things.

It's like someone who has no gun knowledge may have a hard time telling the difference between a rifle and a pistol - M16 and AK.

When i was a kid i got bullied in school so in my bag was a bread knife, bullying stopped instantly, these days you bring a painting you did of a WWII aircraft and the PO PO will shoot you for re-imagining a war.

BTW my story is no joke, it's called scare tactics, it works.

I've said this before in a similar post but since I live almost 10min away from Columbine  I can agree with your post. My school and many around me you can't even say "gun" in school without everyone giving you the look or getting asked questions......

A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist.

Core 4 Quad Not Extreme, only available on LGA 557 at your local Circuit City

Don't forget the other founding fathers ;)

TJ-Dangerous-Freedom.jpg

And/or Snowden

edward-snowden-bathtub-falls.jpg

Goddamned right.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

This is supposedly the clock he showed at school. I can see why they were worried, but once they realized it wasn't real they should have just let him go.

Fake bombs and fake guns can be charged for, what they were planning to do, but they backed out after media shitstorm. Next week some kid will bring a real one and no one will call the cops.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

This is supposedly the clock he showed at school. I can see why they were worried, but once they realized it wasn't real they should have just let him go.

-Clock-

I just saw that on imgur too, I could see why they were worried too but they have taken it too far. At this point I have to imagine that most of this is due to him being "Ahmed Mohamed".

Then again, someone in this stupid ass country thought this was a gun:

pop-tart-gun.jpg

So now we know the truth behind arming "rebels"!

tumblr_mbx8j3lLrZ1qfbjgro1_r2_500.gif

*obvious joke

Well perhaps it was the west's plan all along. Knowing what would happen. Well I could have predicted it to begin with. Arm a load of religious fanatics with weapons in hope to defend the country against Russia. They defeat Russia except now they have all these guns and tanks and shit and no one has a job, so they keep doing what they did before. The west invades this time for no reason (WMD's were not there) sture a sh*t storm and then leave. They knew that when they kicked out the people in charge that worser individuals would take their place and look what happened now we have ISIS. What a surprise. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Fake bombs and fake guns can be charged for, what they were planning to do, but they backed out after media shitstorm. Next week some kid will bring a real one and no one will call the cops.

but it wasnt a fake bomb lol

If they legit thought it was a bomb, then why didn't they follow proper procedure and evacuate the school? Or did they just want to feel like tough guys and intimidate a kid.

Main rig: i7 3770K @ 4.54, Sapphire R9 290, Sabertooth Z77, 16 GB Mushkin Redline 2133, Lian Li PC-P50R, Seasonic 860xp Platinum, Kingston Hyper X 3K 240GB

freeNAS server: AMD Athlon II 170u 20W, 5 x 3TB WD Red in raid-z1 (12 TB)

media centre: AMD A10-5700, crucial M4 (boot), running XBMC,4 x 3TB WD Red, 3 x 3TB WD green + 2TB green in FlexRAID (17 TB)

I just saw that on imgur too, I could see why they were worried too but they have taken it too far. At this point I have to imagine that most of this is due to him being "Ahmed Mohamed".

Then again, someone in this stupid ass country thought this was a gun:

that aint no joke. it has happened before.  some little kid bit his sandwich into a shape of a gun and got in trouble.  a kindergartener got into trouble using his finger as a gun on the playground.

stupid does what stupid does. it rules the land

Autodesk, Google, and Box join Facebook and the White House in reaching out to him. Maybe this will turn out to be a good thing for him after all?

Edit: Oh goodness. Literally dozens of companies. Invited to MIT and UTA and JPL@Nasa as well...

Ahmed, don’t let this stop your creativity. Come hang out at Autodesk and we’ll make something new together. #IStandWithAhmed

— Carl Bass (@carlbass) September 16, 2015

Ahmed, I know you’ve been invited to the White House and Facebook. But, we both know you’re enterprise software guy at heart. Come by Box!

— Aaron Levie (@levie) September 16, 2015

Hey Ahmed- we’re saving a seat for you at this weekend’s Google Science Fair…want to come? Bring your clock! #IStandwithAhmed

— Google Science Fair (@googlescifair) September 16, 2015

So, @IrvingISD, we also make digital clocks—you gonna arrest us, too? Keep making, @IStandWithAhmed#IStandWithAhmed

— Pebble (@Pebble)

The point is these idiots in his school can't put 1+1 together to equal 2.

He is wearing a NASA t shirt and is carrying around a clock he made himself from scratch.

It is obvious he is interested in electronics, engineering and science to some extent.  Unfortunately his heritage has blinded those slacked jawed yokels to these facts.

Except in reality this situation is X+1+1= ? Just because a person is wearing a particular shirt doesn't mean there's anything more to him. I'm not saying what the school/police did was right, but you have to realize they have to always plan on the worst case scenario that INCLUDES unknown variables.

It's much easier to admit you were wrong to someone who is alive than to someone who is dead.

would it be ironic that they created the monster they are trying to avoid.  this kid is just trying to learn, be involved, then bam get accused of something stupid.  lives with trauma until he lashes out because of this.

we again get hurt by our own stupdity.  no need to learn history we just relive it everytime.

-snip-

You will find something equally suspicious-looking in many battery-powered consumer electronic devices.

He's got himself into quite a whirlwind, getting invited to the Jet Propulsion Lab, Google, Whitehouse, Autodesk, and others. O.o

This Texas school district is about to pay heavily for its mistakes.  

No-one got shot, so I seriously doubt it.

13 year old builds nuclear reactor

newpic.jpg

nobody says anything

someone makes a clock

Not sure if you're serious but it clearly says "fusion project" in the background. So this is a known space for students to learn about nuclear reactors etc. 

AFAIK, there is no "clock project" that was mentioned in the news and a student turns up with a deceptive looking device. Clearly different scenarios.

Mistreated my ass. It's like bringing a fake gun into school it doesn't matter if it's real or if you made it yourself, you can't do that.

jGZ8RBU.jpg

this is what it looks like, sketchy as hell.

I'd really expect more from this TECH forum...

System: Thinkpad T460

I have to completely disagree with you there. Like seriously...How can you mistake a CLOCK for a bomb? It's just a clock, he shouldn't have been arrested or anything in the first place and people should be so eager to call the police for little things, it's not like he brought in a knife and threatned someone with it.

No offence, but your country is severely limiting peoples potential to do great things with enforcement, over-eagerness and waryness to 'threats' which aren't there; and I'm not sure how it works ove rthere but I assume this is goingto stick with him for life on his record.

A gun is easier to identify than a bomb for the general public, because bombs don't really have a general shape.

For most people, seeing a suitcase that ticks with a  bunch of wires everywhere would set off all kinds of red flags.

why do so many good cases only come in black and white