Linux Konsole Arrow Keys

Go to solution Solved by SubwayShogun,
25 minutes ago, LloydLynx said:

Two possibilities: 1) The shortcut keys got changed in the settings. 2) Your shell (bash, zsh, etc...) got changed to something that doesn't recognized arrow keys as regular arrow keys.

You can test the second theory by typing "bash --noprofile --norc" and hitting enter. This opens a fresh bash prompt with a fresh config.

It ended up being in the keyboard config in the profile settings. I must have accidentally changed it with a shortcut

ScreenshotSolution.png

I was typing in some commands the other day and all of a sudden my arrow keys began typing ABCD instead of moving the cursor. Everything Ive seen online has not been helpful. I'm sure this is a simple fix but I haven't a clue what I did

Screenshot_20240501_111722.png

I have a shortcut on my keyboard, that switches WASD with arrow keys, it could be the case, but weird why it's ABCD, you should check your keyboard manual

Two possibilities: 1) The shortcut keys got changed in the settings. 2) Your shell (bash, zsh, etc...) got changed to something that doesn't recognized arrow keys as regular arrow keys.

You can test the second theory by typing "bash --noprofile --norc" and hitting enter. This opens a fresh bash prompt with a fresh config.

lumpy chunks

Expand to help Bunny reach world domination

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him on his way to world domination.

-Rakshit Jain

25 minutes ago, LloydLynx said:

It ended up being in the keyboard config in the profile settings. I must have accidentally changed it with a shortcut

ScreenshotSolution.png