Fourteen Year Old Student Arrested For Bringing Homemade Clock to School

Rune

Everyone remember to turn all alarms off and don't dare accidentally set an alarm at the wrong time because we all know the only people who do that are terrorists with bombs!! 

Maybe if the device really looked like a bomb and he acted like it was a bomb. But if he shows it to his teacher... And even if the police then come to check, which is okay in my book, then they can see it isn't a bomb and leave again. Pressing charges for something like this is just fucking stupid

Fixed

The look on his face in the article. He is so confused on why this is happening

Nothing is as annoying as the childish behavior you are displaying now. But considering the content of your post, I am not surprised.

Most politicians used what happened to start an invasion after 9/11, a large portion of Democrats even supported the invasion. I recall perfectly fine what happened, but you seem to hold an unsettling about of bias against Republicans and have the false perception that, somehow, Liberals can not and do not use fearmongering or the same tactics Republicans use. News flash, they are all just as bad.

Now to get it through to you, since you read what you pleased of my comments; yes, they use fearmongering as well (though toward what seems to have passed right over your head). For example, they use shootings to scare people into supporting gun control. No claim was ever made to say Republicans don't use fear to control the public etc etc. Please learn to read or put your reading glasses on before hitting the reply button.

Now you could try to deny this, but you would come off incredibly naïve and biased. And I don't waste my time on people like that. 

If terrorism hadn't won, there would be nothing (concrete) for scaremongers to use on the public. It undermined our security simply for the fact that it has scared so many people (particularly liberals when it comes to media and politicians) into acting like the solution is extremism itself. Just look at what has happened to the USA in terms of security and privacy invasion in the name of security since 9/11.

Whether or not they won through their terrorism or through scaremongers acting on their terrorism, they still won. Their objective was to scare us into changing our sense of freedoms and rights, and it has worked and is working to this day.

Not sure if srs.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

more importantly why is he being suspended, he's being punished for doing nothing wrong, the police and school should be apologising profusely.

Not sure if srs.

Read it again, slowly, and then try again because nothing was said to even suggest that only Liberals use fearmongering, not even the part you bolded.

Enjoy your poor trolling skills.

more importantly why is he being suspended, he's being punished for doing nothing wrong, the police and school should be apologising profusely.

I read that he wasn't being charged with anything but yea, sucks the kid had to be suspended. 

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Read it again, slowly, and then try again because nothing was said to even suggest that only Liberals use fearmongering, not even the part you bolded.

Enjoy your poor trolling skills.

I read that he wasn't being charged with anything but yea, sucks the kid had to be suspended. 

Liberal stance on gun control didn't start with terrorism and has never had anything to do with terrorism. We're discussing the effects of terrorism on our society and you're talking about gun control in response to mass shootings. I'm going to assume you're trolling because I refuse to believe anyone is that stupid. Which party is using terrorism to fear monger about the Iran deal? Is Texas a Democratic state?

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Mistreated my ass. It's like bringing a fake gun into school it doesn't matter if it's real or if you made it yourself, you can't do that.

I have to completely disagree with you there. Like seriously...How can you mistake a CLOCK for a bomb? It's just a clock, he shouldn't have been arrested or anything in the first place and people should be so eager to call the police for little things, it's not like he brought in a knife and threatned someone with it.

No offence, but your country is severely limiting peoples potential to do great things with enforcement, over-eagerness and waryness to 'threats' which aren't there; and I'm not sure how it works ove rthere but I assume this is goingto stick with him for life on his record.

Gaming PC: Case: NZXT Phantom 820 Black | PSU: XFX 750w PRO Black Edition 80Plus Gold (Platinum) | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K | CPU Cooler: BE QUIET! Dark Rock Pro 2 | MB: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S | RAM: 24GB Kingston HyperX and Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz | GPU: MSI R9 280X 3G | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250GB | HDD: 9TB Total | Keyboard: K70 RGB Brown | Mouse: R.A.T MMO7

Laptop: HP Envy 15-j151sa | 1920x1080 60HZ LED | APU: AMD A10-5750M 2.5GHZ - 3.5GHZ | 8GB DDR3 1600mhz | GPU: AMD  HD 8650G + 8750M Dual Graphics | 1TB SSHD

I have to completely disagree with you there. Like seriously...How can you mistake a CLOCK for a bomb? It's just a clock, he shouldn't have been arrested or anything in the first place and people should be so eager to call the police for little things, it's not like he brought in a knife and threatned someone with it.

No offence, but your country is severely limiting peoples potential to do great things with enforcement, over-eagerness and waryness to 'threats' which aren't there; and I'm not sure how it works ove rthere but I assume this is goingto stick with him for life on his record.

Well, it didn't exactly look like a clock.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Well this is nice, the Raspberry Pi foundation wants to get in contact with that kid to give him some "dangerous looking electronics."

https://twitter.com/Raspberry_Pi/status/644130893221732353 

Your link doesn't work.

Your link doesn't work.

fixed

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

*clears throat*

quote-those-who-would-give-up-essential-

We are now stifling creativity and ingenuity in the name of safety.

Welcome to Rome 2.0

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I do feel sorry for the young teen. His engineering teacher should have been called in and explain that the device he made was a clock in front of the police, they would of let him go. The moment the engineering teacher mentioned not to show it to other teachers, you can predict what was going to happen. 

-snip-

Don't forget the other founding fathers ;)

TJ-Dangerous-Freedom.jpg

And/or Snowden

edward-snowden-bathtub-falls.jpg

He was not mistreated. It obviously looked like a bomb. America is way to paraniod. I carry a swiss army knife on me every day (yes at school) not because i need protection but becuase its so convenient.

These muslims need to shut the fuck up, this is not against them, same thing would have happened to a white boy. We let them in the country then they want more more and more. 

Laptop: Thinkpad W520 i7 2720QM 24GB RAM 1920x1080 2x SSDs Main Rig: 4790k 12GB Hyperx Beast Zotac 980ti AMP! Fractal Define S (window) RM850 Noctua NH-D15 EVGA Z97 FTW with 3 1080P 144hz monitors from Asus Secondary: i5 6600K, R9 390 STRIX, 16GB DDR4, Acer Predator 144Hz 1440P

As Centos 7 SU once said: With great power comes great responsibility.

'Murica

That say's it all.

CPU-delided i5-4670k@4.6Ghz 1.42v R.I.P (2013-2015) MOBO-Asus Maximus VI Gene GPU-Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming@1582Mhz core/3744Mhz memory COOLING-Corsair H60 RAM-1x8Gb Crucial ballistix tactical tracer@2133Mhz 11-12-12-26  DRIVES-Kingston V300 60Gb, OCZ trion 100 120Gb, WD Red 1Tb
2nd  fastest i5 4670k in GPUPI for CPU - 100M

The culture of fear and hate growing in my country is truly depressing :(

We need to cut this shit out. 

Dis track?  Jesus christ why'd we even fight a war?  - Ron Cadillac

Kid was wearing a NASA shirt.
Me thinks the poor kid is probably far too curious about the world around him to blow it to bits.

Imagine the next Tesla, Musk or Gates getting the same treatment when bringing a new creation to school to show off? If this is how innovative and creative children are to be treated from now on... I very much fear for the future of America.
Reckon this goes double for kids from an Islamic background. We need them to be so engaged in science and technology that they have no time for the bullshit created by extremist islamism.

frikken frikken frik. 

"The wheel?" "No thanks, I'll walk, its more natural" - thus was the beginning of the doom of the Human race.
Cheese monger.

... and this is how you discourage a young generation from exceeding and following their dreams. The kid is clearly passionate about his electronics and is likely among the people that will follow on to do a highly advanced job in the future to help improve other peoples lives and make new inventions. Now by treating him like a criminal because he wanted to show off his project and most likely judging him by following the stereotypes really doesn't help anything, likely slightly discouraged the kid and give him a bad impression about what people might think about the things he makes. Honestly think it was a wrong thing to do and people should have taken less drastic actions rather than panicking and causing the whole thing to hit the news headlines as a result. 

He was not mistreated. It obviously looked like a bomb.

-snip-

You realize we don't have an image of the confiscated device, so we can only guess what it looks like from some of the other circuit boards we see him with (which is hardly reliable), right? ...seriously though, even if the English teacher, principal and police officers were stupid enough to think a student's electronics project was a bomb, the engineering teacher should have been able to set the record straight. Maybe he was paranoid that it was a bomb too? Or maybe he was just reluctant to argue an opposing view against the principal and five police officers out of fear they'd accuse him of being the boy's accomplice?

EDIT: Well now we do have an image.

people in the US scared and seeing terrorists everywhere? nahhhh

(hopefully no need to say this is soaked in sarcasm+ and dripping it on the posters below me)

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

It's like the americans know they are the most stupid people in the world, and they're competing with each other to over do themselves <_<

But seriously what's up with all these insane rulings by school councils? For an institution dedicated to learning and getting smarter, they sure do like to demonstrate stupidity.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

Mistreated my ass. It's like bringing a fake gun into school it doesn't matter if it's real or if you made it yourself, you can't do that.

but it was a clock... wtf... at least they should have inquired further before calling the police... if that thing was a bomb he wouldn't have been showing it around, it wouldn't have been beeping (this isn't a cheesy "special squad" tv series) and it would probably have blown up way before the police could have been called.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

He was not mistreated. It obviously looked like a bomb. America is way to paraniod. I carry a swiss army knife on me every day (yes at school) not because i need protection but becuase its so convenient.

These muslims need to shut the fuck up, this is not against them, same thing would have happened to a white boy. We let them in the country then they want more more and more. 

Read my previous posts about why it isn't a bomb, they are pressing charges on him as well which is unfair. He clearly didn't intended it as a bomb (his teacher comes as a proof plus the fact that he didn't place it deliberately to spread fear). Plus your last sentence shows generalisation, while I agree that schools in America are too paranoid about guns and any person in the same conditions would possibly ended like him, the fact that you state that "muslims want more and more" seems biased as you generalise that all muslims are complaining about it being islamphobic . Plus this is a free country they have a right to say what they want you can't make them "shut the fuck up".

Edit: fixed some silly mistakes and made clarifications.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

So now you can't even bring things you make to school...

Terrorism has won.

Or has government won because now they have the authority to arrest pretty much anyone over terrorism charges. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard