Fourteen Year Old Student Arrested For Bringing Homemade Clock to School

Rune

Ahmed Mohamed brings suspicious homemade ticking clock to school.

Everything about that is stereotypical and no wonder he got arrested :D

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

@LoneRangerS 

no, they took the clock from him. He tries to describe it in the video if you watch it.

The bit about the police being called and people being uncomfortable I can understand (what with the school shootings and all), but arrested and suspended? 

Even a rookie police office could surely tell if something's a bomb or clock... 

No one should be treated this way because of someone else did something wrong. But anyways, they know it was fake, that's why they were charging him with making a movie bomb.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

I'm assuming that is it next to him...

Going by the description, I don't think so. It was a small panel hooked inside a pencil case. That'd be a hell of a pencil case to fit that in there. They also took it from him.

Going by the description, I don't think so. It was a small panel hooked inside a pencil case. That'd be a hell of a pencil case to fit that in there. They also took it from him.

Oh well, lol. Some kids have big pencil cases ya know :D

@LoneRangerS 

no, they took the clock from him. He tries to describe it in the video if you watch it.

No one should be treated this way because of someone else did something wrong. But anyways, they know it was fake, that's why they were charging him with making a movie bomb.

Can't watch the video right now. 

Is that not like saying, people wearing padded clothing (or everyone for that matter) at the airport shouldn't be searched, because of something someone else did? I mean, I can understand why the police were called, and I don't think he was treated wrongly... 

Oh well, lol. Some kids have big pencil cases ya know :D

The pencil case I used could fit a near fully functional PC (minus screen, PSU and keyboard-no mouse input-386DX40 DOS from diskette rig), so yeah......big pencil cases.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Is that not like saying, people wearing padded clothing (or everyone for that matter) at the airport shouldn't be searched, because of something someone else did? I mean, I can understand why the police were called, and I don't think he was treated wrongly...

They want to charge him on building a hoax bomb... How is that not treating him wrongly? Next time it might be you taken into custody... And all because you were using your mobile in a weird way and a stranger on the street thought you were trying to coprdinate a terrorist attack. I mean, what is this? Now a child can't even turn in his school project without being detained and abused? Land of the free and home of the brave indeed...

Main rig: Shockwave - MSI Z170 Gaming 7 MOBO, i7-6700k, 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz RAM, KFA2 GTX 980ti HOF, Corsair RM1000 PSU, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD, WD 7200RPM 3TB, Corsair Air 540 White, ASUS P278Q 1440p 144Hz display.

Laptop: Lenovo Y510p, i7-4700HQ, 12 GB (8+4) 1600MHz DDR3 RAM, GT755 2GB SLI graphis card, 1366x768 display.

They want to charge him on building a hoax bomb... How is that not treating him wrongly? Next time it might be you taken into custody... And all because you were using your mobile in a weird way and a stranger on the street thought you were trying to coprdinate a terrorist attack. I mean, what is this? Now a child can't even turn in his school project without being detained and abused? Land of the free and home of the brave indeed...

Holllllllld up there matey. 

I didn't know they wanted to charge him, I've only been going off the OP ( haven't had a chance to read or watch anything else)

I didn't know they wanted to charge him, I've only been going off the OP ( haven't had a chance to read or watch anything else)

Fair enough. I just found shocking that someone wouldn't find the way they treated a child offensive and abusive.

Main rig: Shockwave - MSI Z170 Gaming 7 MOBO, i7-6700k, 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz RAM, KFA2 GTX 980ti HOF, Corsair RM1000 PSU, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD, WD 7200RPM 3TB, Corsair Air 540 White, ASUS P278Q 1440p 144Hz display.

Laptop: Lenovo Y510p, i7-4700HQ, 12 GB (8+4) 1600MHz DDR3 RAM, GT755 2GB SLI graphis card, 1366x768 display.

I must've gotten off lightly, then.

Back in school I took a shotgun bullet to school for show-and-tell, and the teacher freaked.

Got my ass in detention and they told my parents.

But how was I to know that the teacher thought it would explode if it was dropped!?

My apologies. I believe it was mentioned they were considering it, but had not done so as of yet.

Edit: Yes.

Irving police might still charge Ahmed with making a "hoax bomb."

Fair enough. I just found shocking that someone wouldn't find the way they treated a child offensive and abusive.

I can understand now why people have found it so shocking, I didn't know they were wanting to charge him. So yeah, now I know. 

That's completely different. A fourteen year bringing something that ticks into school being treated like a known terrorist is outrageous. They saw his skin color, heard his name and heard that something he had with him was ticking and freaked out and refused to believe him that it was a simple clock and then held him, accusing him of this and that, without allowing him to call his parents.

You don't allow fear to control you like this and you certainly don't allow fear to control how we treat people because of something someone else did. This nation is supposed to be better than that.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Compare these similar stories, although they take place in airports, in which we have grown to accept far more scrutiny of our belongings and ourselves in the name of safety and security.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/368509-tsa-thought-my-gpu-was-a-bomb/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-3224962/What-thinking-Airport-evacuated-teenager-tries-alarm-clock-designed-look-like-BOMB-plane.html

-He kinda deserved this one. The device _was_intended_ to look like a bomb, and certainly does, at least a lot more than this clock and that video card.

Its because his name is Ahmed Mohamed. If he was called Jimmy Jones no one would have cared. Disgusting behaviour.

You probably wouldn't want to have that name either: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Jones

I'm interested in knowing whether or not anyone will actually defend him in this case

If only we had cops that knew what bombs look like, besides those cops that also served in the military

I thought it said GLOCK and I was like well no shit he would get arrested lel

What's wrong with my homemade glock going to school?

Fedex Ground must be on Horse back, It took 7 days to go 200 miles

Mistreated my ass. It's like bringing a fake gun into school it doesn't matter if it's real or if you made it yourself, you can't do that.

Except this is not a real/fake bomb....

Maybe if the device really looked like a bomb and he acted like it was a bomb. But if he shows it to his teacher... And even if the police then come to check, which is okay in my book, then they can see it isn't a bomb and leave again. Pressing charges for something like this is just silly

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

Mistreated my ass. It's like bringing a fake gun into school it doesn't matter if it's real or if you made it yourself, you can't do that.

Not everything which beeps is a bomb, and I suspect that most bombs dont actually beep.

My Casio wrist watch beeps should i be arrested because it could be a bomb

The Dick of the audio page!

You're a derp.

If terrorism hadn't won, there would be nothing (concrete) for scaremongers to use on the public. It undermined our security simply for the fact that it has scared so many people (particularly liberals when it comes to media and politicians) into acting like the solution is extremism itself. Just look at what has happened to the USA in terms of security and privacy invasion in the name of security since 9/11.

Whether or not they won through their terrorism or through scaremongers acting on their terrorism, they still won. Their objective was to scare us into changing our sense of freedoms and rights, and it has worked and is working to this day.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA

History revision at its finest. George Bush and Dick Cheney, both republicans in case you don't remember, used fear mongering to invade Iraq and it's liberals who were the problem? Any Democrat that spoke up was labeled unpatriotic. Which party is that is fear mongering about the Iran deal?

Actually, I need you to back that stupid claim you just made. Please show me evidence of what you're talking about.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

"Yup. That’s who I thought it was." -One of the police officers. -_-

Screw those police officers, screw Texas, and screw stereotypes. This is so stupid.

Why is the God of Hyperdeath SO...DARN...CUTE!?

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.

I don't think this happened just because he is a Muslim called Mohamed. Remember the 7 year old kid who was suspended for eating a pop tart into the shape of a gun? That's even more obvious that it was not a real threat than this home made clock. He was white and still got suspended.

The USA are just overreacting to these kinds of things, no matter what skin color or religion you belong to.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/examiner-recommends-school-board-uphold-pop-tart-suspension/

It's idiotic and I think the entire US got a really messed up view on weapons in general.

You're a derp.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA

History revision at its finest. George Bush and Dick Cheney, both republicans in case you don't remember, used fear mongering to invade Iraq and it's liberals who were the problem? Any Democrat that spoke up was labeled unpatriotic. Which party is that is fear mongering about the Iran deal?

Actually, I need you to back that stupid claim you just made. Please show me evidence of what you're talking about.

Nothing is as annoying as the childish behavior you are displaying now. But considering the content of your post, I am not surprised.

Most politicians used what happened to start an invasion after 9/11, a large portion of Democrats even supported the invasion. I recall perfectly fine what happened, but you seem to hold an unsettling about of bias against Republicans and have the false perception that, somehow, Liberals can not and do not use fearmongering or the same tactics Republicans use. News flash, they are all just as bad.

Now to get it through to you, since you read what you pleased of my comments; yes, they use fearmongering as well (though toward what seems to have passed right over your head). For example, they use shootings to scare people into supporting gun control. No claim was ever made to say Republicans don't use fear to control the public etc etc. Please learn to read or put your reading glasses on before hitting the reply button.

Now you could try to deny this, but you would come off incredibly naïve and biased. And I don't waste my time on people like that. 

Like we didn't know that before.

Hard to tell...

Your first post in this thread seems really out of place