Heaven Society - Week 34 (Jormungand)

vfAXr6z.png
This Weeks Anime!
Jormungand

17955-series-header.jpg

Synopsis
The series follows Koko Hekmatyar, a young arms dealer who sells weapons under HCLI, an international shipping corporation that secretly deals in the arms trade. As one of the company's unofficial weapon dealers, she secretly sells weapons in many countries while avoiding the local authorities and law enforcement as most of her work is actually illegal under international law. Traveling with her is her team of bodyguards who are mostly composed of ex-military veterans. Her latest addition to her crew is Jonah, a seemingly emotionless child soldier who is skilled in combat yet ironically hates arms dealers. Jonah joins Koko as he wishes to find the arms dealer responsible for his family's death. What follows is Koko and her crew's escapades around the world.

Read more at ANN

Links to Watch
Funimation
Hulu

Member Tags
@Luclocke @MyInnerFred @RainColt @TheProfosist @Rockmandash12 @CatCloud @Charger @iSaeko=(@Oshino Shinobu) @Jaybird @Cryptonite @DarkCrow @EChondo @killers993 @Epitome @GokuLy @lutewan @Izaya Orihara @squirrl @oc0110 @Legion @Laforet @Admire @yurihellsing @EmotionalSloth @Katsu-K1L @TetraSky @Ivyk @Typho @TheGFXNovice @Fruits Punch Samurai G @frustratedrocka @Purple Spy @Sky Daddy @Adamu @Smiles1946 @GloriousPain @gastew15 @Vitalius @Le Lion de Barreras @Kagami Tsukino @DigitalHermit @Unbr34k4bl3 @Noire @Randomacts @c3p0_ @Rashy @ThyFeared @That Norwegian Guy @ThyFeared @wng_kingsley7 @Trogdor8freebird @Rising @brownninja97 @Marvzl1357 @achillesviper @Laputacake @xnoobftw @ArkAngel_X @wolfgang @Daegun @DudeWazap @eelnico09 @Jerakl @Tr3vor @Belgarionbg @Pugs501 @Silver Knight @MageofFaith @KRImSIN @cae @Ploooopp @Phorlorn @BurgerBum @Kukielka @Mujteba @Hatsune Miku 「 」@Ruostunut kokis @Archangel1994 @tobben @Delusional Phil @Laederem @GrimNeo @Makeishura/Taurus Silver @Kizer0918 @Maheshvara @PercySavageEG @SHAD0WxF1R3 @ DollarPCJunior @Opask @soaringchicken @JoeyDM @shanky887614 @Tokuninashi @NormalJoe @Zer0r8ing @Pomfinator @zappian @Xaring @KingCry @JuztBe @ThatGuyWhoTwirlsHisPen @Brainless906

If you're interested in becoming a member please head over to the main club thread for more information.
This is a poll that is created from a list of suggested anime from the Anime Suggestion Submission thread. If there is any anime you think the club should watch and discuss please suggest it there.

Use LinusTechTips Sponsor Crunchyroll to support LTT!
Visit http://crunchyroll.com/linus for a free 30 day trial

I watched this series in 2 days. I can confirm this is a very good series...

6b207014c8b77e46da8f16137910e742.jpg

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

>Jonah joins Koko as he wishes to find the arms dealer responsible for his family's death.

>Koko Hekmatyar, a young arms dealer who sells weapons under HCLI, an international shipping corporation that secretly deals in the arms trade.

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.

I guess i could have been watching this today. Instead of being lazy.

Blarg

some times lazy is the best option lol

agreed

It's a fantastic series.

I loved it although the ending was very open ended.

Agreed, I'm getting season 2 ready to marathon right now. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

some times lazy is the best option lol

But now i will probably never watch it. Too much other stuff going on.

Blarg

Episode 7 the chinese restaurant scene is hilarious. I absolutely love how the other guard reacts. 

10/10

Because he had a hard drive.

I have a backlog too but I skipped everything to watch this series. 

You'll be missing out... 

tumblr_nj3nrag60t1sdl2who6_400.gif

meh i watched 3 episodes of humanity has declined then moved to something else lol my list of what i have not watched from this club is getting longer then what i have watched

Judging by the first episode this is exactly the sort of anime that makes me furious... Villains with smug shiteating grins, vague, throwaway and probably irrelevant tie-in with some mythology, (Norse this time) forced exposition monologue right off the bat from a kid with a suitably contrived dark past, confused electro-rock pop OP with broken English and lyrics to lose IQ over... Since I have enough testosterone I'll be trying to finish the previous anime instead :P

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

-snip-

I have noticed absolutely no ties with mythology after finishing season 1.

Quite a bit of psychological brain candy in this series, mostly about war and whatnot though.

I have noticed absolutely no ties with mythology after finishing season 1.

Quite a bit of psychological brain candy in this series, mostly about war and whatnot though.

Well that's what I mean, I assumed there would be zero follow-up to that Jormungandr reference (which is a demigod of Norse mythology) and I expected it to be just that; a throwaway reference to get a cool name for the series without being relevant.

So you just confirmed my suspicions :P

I love psychological anime though, but it has to be more down to earth for me.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Well that's what I mean, I assumed there would be zero follow-up to that Jormungandr reference (which is a demigod of Norse mythology) and I expected it to be just that; a throwaway reference to get a cool name for the series without being relevant.

So you just confirmed my suspicions :P

I love psychological anime though, but it has to be more down to earth for me.

I believe the norse mythology thing may be brought up as a plot point of more relevance in S2 but I haven't downloaded all of it to begin marathoning.

I have a backlog too but I skipped everything to watch this series. 

You'll be missing out... 

tumblr_nj3nrag60t1sdl2who6_400.gif

Its not so much skipping it as not having enough time to watch stuff in general. I watch maybe 4 episodes a week unless i get a free day.

meh i watched 3 episodes of humanity has declined then moved to something else lol my list of what i have not watched from this club is getting longer then what i have watched

i only made it to episode 1. My to watch has always been longer that my watched list.

Blarg

It's not bad; ending is like manga.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

Watched the first two episodes so far. Really enjoying it. Koko's personality is awesome, sort of one of those insane genius type characters. 

The episode preview background music literally described her: she's LOCO.

Most fun was watching Koko > Jonah while Valmet > Koko.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

- snip -

* Looks at your name * Oh yeah . You are Norwegian , Jormundgand is the snake that killed Thor and ended the world , correct ? Well at that end of season 2 it's pretty straight forward I think : A snake can't reach to the sky and kills its victim so she band the sky to get more food . Also the Corporation that the Hektamyr - I hope I spell it right , I bet not - trade and deliver through ships . They have elimintaed all of competition making them having a monopoly in shippping => more Cash => More wars => More guns to sell => more cash 

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ...