LTTAnimeClubHeavenSociety-Header.png

Week 22 is upon us. Its now time to decide which anime the club should watch and discuss this week. The poll will be active for 48hrs-ish.

Chaika - The Coffin Princess
Current

This was suggested by @Vitalius saying "Usual demon king stuff, but the action is pretty good and it's well animated. I enjoyed it for that reason. Plus the main character is kawaii~ :3. Kawaii + nice action animation = all my yes."

Toru Acura is a 20-year-old retired soldier meandering through life now that the war has ended. He encounters Chaika Trabant, a 14-year-old sorceress carrying a coffin, and follows her in hopes of finding meaning to his life again. The two travel with Toru's adopted sister, Akari, the employed member of the group and thus Toru's source of income.
Read more at ANN

NtaYnml.jpg

ANN | MAL | aniDB

Kokoro Connect
Recent

This was suggested by @That Norwegian Guy saying "A slice of life tackling a more mature type of drama, where the group of characters get subjected to a supernatural entity's experiments and mind games, testing the strength of their friendships. Personally my favourite slice of life anime, with the very best voice acting I have ever heard (may not sound like a big deal, but when the characters undergo personality swaps, you'll see what I mean) and simply amazing character development and dynamics. A very rich anime, with a little bit of everything. Edit: Watching this anime subbed and not dubbed is an absolute requirement to enjoying it"

Kokoro Connect revolves around the daily, not so normal lives of Taichi, Iori, Himeko, Yoshifumi and Yui and their encounters in the Cultural Research Club. Up until recently they thought that they and their friends lived normal happy lives, but now the Heartseed is pulling their lives apart and exposing their inner secrets through body switching, urges and age regression.
Read more at ANN

trdZdvj.jpg

ANN | MAL | aniDB

Clannad
Post-2007

This was suggested by @Legion saying "This is a rather heartwarming romance anime, it is positive and much like my previous recommendation is cute and will keep you smiling and laughing all the way through."

Tomoya Okazaki is a third year high school student resentful of his life. His mother passed away from a car accident when he was younger, causing his father to resort to alcohol and gambling. This results in fights between the two until Tomoya's shoulder is injured in a fight. Since then, Tomoya has had distant relationships with his father, causing him to become a delinquent over time. While on a walk to school, he meets a strange girl named Nagisa Furukawa who is a year older, but is repeating due to illness. Due to this, she is often alone as most of her friends have moved on. The two begin hanging out and slowly, as time goes by, Tomoya finds his life shifting in a new direction.
Read more at ANN

cpngXOk.jpg

ANN | MAL | aniDB

Monster
Pre-2007

This was suggested by @Legion saying "A thought provoking Anime based on choices which aren't always black and white. To save a kid or someone of importance and the consequences that follow. It makes you think how cruel donor lists can be and what can the choices we make lead to. How a man who dedicated his life to good now gets a hard look at the cruel darkness that surrounds our world."

Kenzou Tenma, a Japanese brain surgeon in Germany, had it all: incredible skill at his work, a rich and beautiful fiancee, and a promising career at his hospital. However, after becoming disenchanted by hospital politics, he chose to save the life of a young boy who got shot in the head over the life of the mayor. As a result he lost the support of the hospital director, as well as his position in the hospital and his fiance. A short time later, the hospital director and the doctors that replaced him were murdered, and once again he was catapulted back onto the top. But as the chief suspect of the murders, Tenma did not get a easy life. As a matter of fact, it seems that the boy he saved was much more than he had appeared to be... Now to clear his name and to correct his past mistake, Tenma must get to the bottom of these and other murders, and investigate the truth of the Monster who is behind all of this.
Read more at ANN

vO7Oz9e.jpg

ANN | MAL | aniDB

Kiba
Random

This was suggested by @CatCloud saying "Hmm not much to say, but it´s a pretty Neat anime."

In an overbuilt world, young Zed dreams of freedom and of a door. While fleeing the authority of his world, he is transported to a completely different place, a world of nature instead of machines. There he meets the young girl Roia and learns that he is a Shard Caster. He can cast Shards and control “Spirits”. Unbeknowst to Zed, his best friend Noah has also travelled to the new world. Noah and Zed become enmeshed in the ways of their new world, while growing into their new abilities.
Read more at ANN

zesQZDM.jpg

ANN | MAL | aniDB

@Luclocke @MyInnerFred @RainColt @TheProfosist @Rockmandash12 @CatCloud @Charger @iSaeko=(@Oshino Shinobu) @Jaybird @Cryptonite @DarkCrow @EChondo @killers993 @Epitome @GokuLy @lutewan @Izaya Orihara @squirrl @oc0110 @Legion @Laforet @Admire @yurihellsing @EmotionalSloth @Katsu-K1L @TetraSky @Ivyk @Typho @TheGFXNovice @Fruits Punch Samurai G @frustratedrocka @urple Spy @Sky Daddy @Adamu @Smiles1946 @GloriousPain @gastew15 @Vitalius @Le Lion de Barreras @Kagami Tsukino @DigitalHermit @Unbr34k4bl3 @Noire @Randomacts @c3p0 @Rashy @ThyFeared @That Norwegian Guy @ThyFeared @wng_kingsley7 @Trogdor8freebird @Rising @brownninja97 @Marvzl1357 @achillesviper

If you're interested in becoming a member please head over to the main club thread for more information.

This is a poll that is created from a list of suggested anime from the Anime Suggestion Submission thread. If there is any anime you think the club should watch and discuss please suggest it there.

clannad is a RATHER heart warming anime??? I CRI EVERYTIEM D:

The BBQ: i7-4770 / 212x / Tri-X R9 290x 1075/1400 / MSI H87-G43 GAMING / EVGA G2 850W / Corsair Spec 03 / Samsung 840 EVO 250gb SSD / Toshiba 2TB HDD / 8gb Kingston DDR3 1600mhz

Peripherals: G710+ / G502 / Bose Companion 2 Series III / Audio Technica ATH-M40x / Sound Magic E50

Monitors: Dell U2414H 

Monster, Monster, Monster, Monster, Monster, Monster...

*if you don't like the quote skip to about 0:21 that's when the music starts

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas

Oh Clannad for sure. Everyone should watch it at least once.

And it's not "heart warming" it's "heart wrenching". Be prepared for emotions.

Edit: What!? Why isn't the other Fujibayashi sister on the Clannad image?

Home is where the heart my desktop is.

Cause it wouldn't be balanced then.

Clannad might win this one but I'm voting Kokoro Connect because of the feels with a twist...

She's only has a minor route in the VN...

She's only has a minor route in the VN...

Not too familiar with the VN, but I guess she was sort of a sub-character even in the anime

Not too familiar with the VN, but I guess she was sort of a sub-character even in the anime

Yup... I'm all in for the younger Fujibayashi (esp. if she turns out to be a yandere)...

Yup... I'm all in for the younger Fujibayashi (esp. if she turns out to be a yandere)...

Yeah, I suppose, but imo Kyou (older I think) is a more dynamic character, and thus is more interesting than Ryou.

But then there's Botan, everyone's favourite boar that totally doesn't resemble swinub (no, not at all) (although they're both based off boars so....yeah)

Yeah, I suppose, but imo Kyou (older I think) is a more dynamic character, and thus is more interesting than Ryou.

But then there's Botan, everyone's favourite boar that totally doesn't resemble swinub (no, not at all) (although they're both based off boars so....yeah)

Yeah, Kyou is interesting and all but I'm more interested in Ryou... There's something about her silence that gets to me.. She leaves me speculating on how she really is...

Given an objection when I suggested Clannad, it is known to be a sad anime however I still found through watching it you can find a good bit of happiness in this show and if you aren't smiling when you are not crying your are probably missing something.

After Story is a different kettle of fish.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

have you finished afterstory?

Spoiler

CPU: R5 1600 @ 4.2 GHz; GPU: Asus STRIX & Gigabyte g1 GTX 1070 SLI; RAM: 16 GB Corsair vengeance 3200 MHz ; Mobo: Asrock Taichi x470; SSD: 512 gb Samsung 950 Pro Storage: 5x Seagate 2TB drives; 1x 2TB WD PurplePSU: 700 Watt Huntkey; Peripherals: Acer S277HK 4K Monitor; Logitech G502 gaming mouse; Corsair K95 Mechanical keyboard; 5.1 Logitech x530 sound system

01000010 01101001 01101110 01100001 01110010 01111001 00100000 01100100 01101111 01100101 01110011 01101110 00100111 01110100 00100000 01101101 01100001 01101011 01100101 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01110000 01110010 01101111 00101110

have you finished afterstory?

yes, somehow I managed

No Chaika.

It deviated(and was censored) from LN in very annoying ways.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

Monster is getting my vote for being awesome! (That's a legitimate reply right? ;))

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society

I can't watch clannad again. Too many feels.

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

Fuck someone beat me for Coffin Princess, i wanna post it to the submission yesterday but i was distracted with free weekend weekend

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

tumblr_m8lt5nDto71qzqnxxo1_500.gif

I laughed my ass off at this scene, seriously.

Spoiler

CPU: R5 1600 @ 4.2 GHz; GPU: Asus STRIX & Gigabyte g1 GTX 1070 SLI; RAM: 16 GB Corsair vengeance 3200 MHz ; Mobo: Asrock Taichi x470; SSD: 512 gb Samsung 950 Pro Storage: 5x Seagate 2TB drives; 1x 2TB WD PurplePSU: 700 Watt Huntkey; Peripherals: Acer S277HK 4K Monitor; Logitech G502 gaming mouse; Corsair K95 Mechanical keyboard; 5.1 Logitech x530 sound system

01000010 01101001 01101110 01100001 01110010 01111001 00100000 01100100 01101111 01100101 01110011 01101110 00100111 01110100 00100000 01101101 01100001 01101011 01100101 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01110000 01110010 01101111 00101110

I don't remember much about Clannad but I do remember that I watched it and it was pretty sad.

Gonna have to go with Chaika.

Oh god Clannads winning... >.< why? 

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas