Let's grow up. Discussion - Apple - General Fanboyism (Not answered by the way.)

SSOB
Go to solution Solved by SSOB,

Another example:

http://youtu.be/qFO4JOXFzmY?t=3m35s

This is just immature behaviour , he AT LEAST should have said something like ''All joking aside the MBA is a solid piece of hardware'', which it is. We as the whole enthusiast community should get off these BS things and really 'Grow Up'  We shouldn't find jokes like that funny anymore to truly become a grown up community, in other communities/industries (like the car indrustry) people actually treat every brand equal, because they understand that it isn't about the brand, it's about the product. This is just my opinion and i really hope some of you are with me.

@LinusTech , I would love to see a reply ,although i doubt you are going to burn your fingers on this heated discussion, which from your perspective is understandable. 

And stop hating apple. It is a tech company, they are (Kinda) with us, not against, competition is healthy in a capitalist world this is. Please lets just all STOP hating apple and just see them as a company , not the devil , not a super cool innovative company , just a regular company that happens to things a little different than others. I am not a Apple fanboy at all. ( I just Windows 8.1 every day, own an android device which i use every day.) but this just has to stop , I know it is going to be though ( read: impossible. ) for some of us but the well educated and grown up people will get over it and realize they are just a friggin' company.

My rant of the day. Let's just all re-watch this video:

[spoiler=Macbook Pro Retina 13in late 2013 comparison to other laptops.]

wq5XTV7.png

Credits to - @Henry

Note: If somebody can make some more charts that would be amazing, of course keep in mind that you are really doing an apples to apples ( the irony ) comparison and not some kind of BS. e.g. iMac is an AIO not a tower, Macbook Air is a super light 1.3KG (13in') and 1KG (11') laptop, not some kind of bulky gaming laptop. 

All made charts are to be messaged to me and i will give you the credits as is done above.

Interested in Business and Technology

May want to fix the first sentence, but I completely agree.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

I hate them as a company 
And i refuse to support them

Their products look pretty nice

But they just aren't for me.

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I don't hate apple. i hate their fan boys.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

there is a discrepancy here

i am so messud up right now. But than again it's 2:40AM and i have slept 3.5 hours last night...

Which is it?

PARADOX!!!!

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I don't hate apple (much), I hate the people who fanboy about apple and claim apple is the best when it absolutely is NOT.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

This right here is the worst part about Apple. Not them, the fucking people that follow them like flies on shit.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

I don't hate apple (much), I hate the people who fanboy about apple and claim apple is the best when it absolutely is NOT.

Absolutely, as much as i hate fanboys of any comany ( Yes including you linus with your noctua fetish, i'm sorry. ) And this is also for @LinusTech , stop hating OSX and not giving it a chance because it's apple. All people know the only reason why many people likes the iPhone in the first place is because it was the only smartphone that was good for years.

Before being here, I was a hardcore Apple fanboy. I stood beside all of their choices, all of their products. But I finally realized, you need to choose products that work for you functionally, not aesthetically. My Mac Mini is a pretty machine, but it doesn't game. And I don't expect it to. For everything it can do, it does it flawlessly. Sure, $600 isn't exactly cheap when similarly priced desktops rock desktop hardware, but they don't have OS X. The iPhone, likewise, isn't for everyone. It is for people who are willing to take the compromises to have something that always works. And it does. My iPhone 5 has never failed me. It has had a single hardware flaw, a dead power button which was fixed with a 15-minute visit to the Apple Store. They are, as a company, pretty damn good. They make questionable choices, though no more questionable than what other companies do. Their products are so good in terms of design that companies copy them. Look at the Razer Blade -- it's a black MacBook Pro with gaming hardware inside. Nothing more, nothing less.

So stop shitting on Apple people.

good products, great support, nice software, bad company. I'm not buying anything from them.

Absolutely, as much as i hate fanboys of any comany ( Yes including you linus with your noctua fetish, i'm sorry. ) And this is also for @LinusTech , stop hating OSX and not giving it a chance because it's apple. All people know the only reason why many people likes the iPhone in the first place is because it was the only smartphone that was good for years.

Linus doesn't hate apple. He actually really likes their iphone and has used one for like the past 10 years or something.

Spoiler

Agreed.

I mean, look at the iPhone. It revolutionized and changed an entire industry. Before the iPhone, phone companies were crazy about physical buttons, now the industry is full of sheets of glass with few to no buttons. Before iOS, Android was to be a Blackberry-like OS. After, Google turned in the other direction and made it into a touchscreen OS. Sure, it overtook iOS in market share, but without iOS and the iPhone, the market would have turned much slower.

good products, great support, nice software, bad company. I'm not buying anything from them.

How is it a bad company when everything is great? Just because they are called apple and you don't want to be associated with them or something among those lines.

Linus doesn't hate apple. He actually really likes their iphone and has used one for like the past 10 years or something.

Because he was forced to, it was the only option, he dislikes apple and i understand from his perspective why. I think we need to force him into using OSX Yosemite when it comes out for at least 15 days.

OSX is really a great operating system. It might not be al that great for games, but for everything else it is actually pretty awesome, especially for media production.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Because he was forced to, it was the only option, he dislikes apple and i understand from his perspective why. I think we need to force him into using OSX Yosemite when it comes out for at least 15 days.

He was not forced to. He really likes the iphone, and didn't want to switch to android no matter what. Then the started doing the iswitched to 'blablabla' to try out different OS. He tried android and whent back to iOS.

He ADMITS he likes iphones.

Spoiler

I don't hate Apple.

I don't hate Nintendo.

I don't hate Adobe.

I don't hate Google. 

I don't hate Honda. 

I don't hate Starbucks. 

I don't hate AMD.

I don't hate Intel.

I don't hate Nvidia.

Conversely, I don't even like most of those companies either. They are just names on a list, a list that I shop around to find what product is best for my needs, desires and priorities.

I simply hate all the fucking 12 year olds that follow these companies around like maggots, spewing their PR and making it seem as if each company is the greatest thing since fucking blowjobs. 

OP is right, the real grownups don't care. They use what they like and they live and let live. 

Were it so easy for a forum like this that is riddled with those same 12 year olds to follow the same path. But nope. Thats asking for way too much. 

Same. They're a collective of retards which believe and just repeat lies they or Apple spread. You can be an AMD fanboy, an nvidia fanboy, an Intel fanboy or a Microsoft fanboy but god, Do I hate Apple retards!

How is it a bad company when everything is great? Just because they are called apple and you don't want to be associated with them or something among those lines.

I don't have anything towards the branding, or the social rejection that many fanboys-antifanboys seem to have. Just look up beyond the media and publicity you see and investigate a bit further. 

( I just Windows 8.1 every day, own an android device which i use every day.) 

This part sounds like this white people who doesn't know that they make racist comments and when someone says that was racist they then say how can i be a racist i have black friends at work.

I for one do not hate Apple i hate their way of doing business and the concept that any product that does not have the Apple branding is considered inferior. Google is following their business model and that is PISSING ME OFF! :angry:

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

Apple products and an enthusiast forum don't really mix well. Our needs aren't the general consumer's needs. We might care about GPU power and gaming, but the vast majority doesn't, they only care if the computer can browse the internet and do productivity work. Apple products are for those people who have a reasonable amount money to spend on a laptop/desktop but don't really care about performance, so instead of getting better performance they choose to get someting that looks nicer and a bit easier to use. Would I get an Apple product? It depends. If I was on the market for a desktop, no. If I was on the market for a gaming notebook, no. If I was on the market for an Ultrabook, maybe. The Air series is the only one that has the slightest appeal to me, that and maybe the iPad.

Also, @SSOB, if I came out as an Apple hater on the other thread I'm sorry, I really didn't mean to.

i'm a potato

I try to be and equal opportunity hater.

"Science and technology revolutionize our lives, but memory, tradition and myth frame our response."

Arthur M. Schlesinger