Let's grow up. Discussion - Apple - General Fanboyism (Not answered by the way.)

SSOB
Go to solution Solved by SSOB,

Another example:

http://youtu.be/qFO4JOXFzmY?t=3m35s

This is just immature behaviour , he AT LEAST should have said something like ''All joking aside the MBA is a solid piece of hardware'', which it is. We as the whole enthusiast community should get off these BS things and really 'Grow Up'  We shouldn't find jokes like that funny anymore to truly become a grown up community, in other communities/industries (like the car indrustry) people actually treat every brand equal, because they understand that it isn't about the brand, it's about the product. This is just my opinion and i really hope some of you are with me.

@LinusTech , I would love to see a reply ,although i doubt you are going to burn your fingers on this heated discussion, which from your perspective is understandable. 

IMO, the "Grown Up" thing to do, would be to stop caring what other people think and stop making topics where everyone can flame each other over companies.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

I just dislike their software... I simply don't like the look and feel of it.

I do hate the people that are "OH MY GOD APPLE I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEXT IPHONE" ... Jeez

I know a lot of us do this for graphic cards but at least we get something in return for the money. Though Nvidia really needs to straighten up their shit with pricing high-end cards at exorbitant prices.

Everyone is saying "I hate apple because of their fanboys." Don't you think that whenever we impose PC Master race to console peasants,it is the same with what you hate against apple fanboys? So basically, most or some of us hates our own attitude.

THIS

I hate when people are like "ugh I hate those iSheep and how they follow apple no matter what"

Well I hate android fans who follow android no matter what "but I can customize stuff, and root things, and brick my phone because I am super leet and intelligent and understand tech unlike those iPhone users"

(ok that was an extreme example) Everything has fanboys, cameras, phones, computers, operating systems, headphones. 

Judging a product OR a company based on its "fanboys" is a ridiculous notion. Its a very small % of users, that just happen to be very vocal and arrogant and have an agenda.

Personally even though I love gaming, and building sexy water cooled rigs and tinkering, I love macbooks and iMacs, in fact I am about to get a rMBP. I also love my iPhone, I dont want a phone to tinker with and mod and upgrade and customize. I just want to call, text, and runs some apps. which it does extremely well, no irritating file system (no file system at all) itunes though annoying is great at managing and organising my music collection and it all just works great. Yes I can get windows and android to work that way, but not just out of the box in 30 seconds no dicking around.

In terms of Apple its just a different approach to tech. "Overpriced" is a misconception, personally the price is something I am willing to pay, therefore I find value in it. Just because people do not, just means the products was not intended or designed with them in mind, there are litereally thousands of other products available for you, nobody is making you buy one.

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

should totally exclude razer blade out of this , that thing is out of the range of comparison. 

CPU: Intel i5-4670K CPU Cooler: Swiftech H240-X Motherboard: ASUS Z97 Sabertooth Mark 1 Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866MHz 16GB Storage:  Samsung 850 evo 250GB ,1TB WD BLUE, Seagate Barracuda 2TB GPU: ASUS STRIX GTX970 4GB Case: Fractal Design Define R5 PSU: Corsair AX760 Full Modular Monitor: Dell 23" S2340L IPS Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB Mouse: Logitech G502(w/ Mi Metal Mousepad) Headphone: Audio Technica ATH-M50/MSR-7 Speaker: Edifier Studio 7 R2730DB

Because we totally don't have enough of these threads already ;)

I agree with some of what you are saying, but you just end up stoking the fire by posting threads like this.

Nope we don't, links please?

Interested in Business and Technology

LOL asking the internet to grow up, ambitious, but as the OP said, impossibru.

I dislike apple as a company because I don't see them as innovative, and in my opinion their business practices are less than satisfactory; for instance, in their stores on their networks, they pretend anyone who criticizes their products doesnt exist and yet they shit on other peoples products in their adds.

That right there is the most damning evidence. Instead of simply saying whats good about their products, they go specifically (or used to) after windows. They are in essence, a company of trolls. at least to me.

Other than that, they just don't make anything I'd ever buy. What can any apple product do, that some other cheaper product cannot do, Other than have an apple logo?

I could forgive apple for their fanboy base being as annoying as it is, if apple's employees weren't the exact same way (for the most part, generally militant anti-windows). But then again, I generally dislike the type of people that buy into their own companies bullshit hype with that type of enthusiasm that just seems so fake. Yes, it's generally not fair to judge a company by it's fans, but when their fans are basically clones of their employees, it becomes in my mind, totally acceptable.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

LOL asking the internet to grow up, ambitious, but as the OP said, impossibru.

I dislike apple as a company because I don't see them as innovative, and in my opinion their business practices are less than satisfactory; for instance, in their stores on their networks, they pretend anyone who criticizes their products doesnt exist and yet they shit on other peoples products in their adds.

That right there is the most damning evidence. Instead of simply saying whats good about their products, they go specifically (or used to) after windows. They are in essence, a company of trolls. at least to me.

Other than that, they just don't make anything I'd ever buy. What can any apple product do, that some other cheaper product cannot do, Other than have an apple logo?

I could forgive apple for their fanboy base being as annoying as it is, if apple's employees weren't the exact same way (for the most part, generally militant anti-windows). But then again, I generally dislike the type of people that buy into their own companies bullshit hype with that type of enthusiasm that just seems so fake. Yes, it's generally not fair to judge a company by it's fans, but when their fans are basically clones of their employees, it becomes in my mind, totally acceptable.

Have you even been reading my posts on that? He's lying. Look at his website. He's now showing a splash screen when an Apple store IP reaches his website. 404 is returned BY THE SERVER ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE CONNECTION, not by a firewall. And further more, if they were blocking anything, it would be sockets and ports. Those are universal, and there are therefore many other websites that would not work.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Have you even been reading my posts on that? He's lying. Look at his website. He's now showing a splash screen when an Apple store IP reaches his website. 404 is returned BY THE SERVER ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE CONNECTION, not by a firewall.

FAIL

You're talking about a guy with millions of die hard fans, who does little to no advertising, who has 2 books that have both been bestsellers on major book lists (new york times etc). He isn't lying, he has no reason to lie.

FAIL

You're talking about a guy with millions of die hard fans, who does little to no advertising, who has 2 books that have both been bestsellers on major book lists (new york times etc). He isn't lying, he has no reason to lie.

And as I said, I tried it yesterday. Please try to understand what a 404 is.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Apple are one of my favourite technology companies

But I literally do not have the energy to sit here and argue about why I like certain things, and nobody else should either. Who gives a shit who likes what. 

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

And as I said, I tried it yesterday. Please try to understand what a 404 is.

It may very well be that apple decided to unblock him, it is an old video now, but the fact is, it happened. I'll trust a guy with millions of die hard fans, that works in IT, has 2 books that have been national bestsellers, and a large volume of work, over someone with 257 posts that I don't know anything about.

Edit: Oh, and his book "Alphabet of Manliiness" was a bestseller for a while on Amazon

It may very well be that apple decided to unblock him, it is an old video now, but the fact is, it happened. I'll trust a guy with millions of die hard fans, that works in IT, has 2 books that have been national bestsellers, and a large volume of work, over someone with 257 posts that I don't know anything about.

Except it didn't. He's pretty dumb for a guy who works in IT, I wouldn't want him at my company.

He basically thinks they were spoofing the 404s to stop his site from coming, but the most likely case is that his website uses ports that they block. Ports are used everywhere, they were probably found to contain malware somewhere else, it's certainly not a concerted effort and even if it was his whiny "I'm being censored, Apple wants you to think nobody hates their products." doesn't make sense because you can Google "Apple product x" sucks and you will get thousands upon thousands of non-blocked websites. He's not the most important guy on the internet, he's a blatant troll (he basically admits that) and his opinion doesn't really matter when there are millions of accessible identical ones and the blocking was just a mistake in the first place.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

This fourm post confuses me.

Off-topic: I've used both products and honestly, with the way Microsoft is getting on with in regards to Windows 9 rumours and their complete fail of Windows 8 (& 8.1), i'd rather just build a hackintosh. Let me be clear, I wouldn't buy a brand new Apple product as its just a bullshit marketing scam of selling a "premium" product when spec wise it can't compare to something the same price in a windows machine.

Game Dev | Pro Gamer

DO we need another thread about this. Nothing will stop apple fanboys from claiming apple bloody revolutionized the entire tech world. I'm not just going to sit there and take that bullshit.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

I feel that this thread has changed me in some way. Before I read this thread, I admit I was completely against anything apple (including their fanboys) but after reading all if the intelligent posts people said, I have changed my mind on the subject matter. I will try to ignore the apple fanboys and let them enjoy what they like, and not HATE so much on Apple. In fact, I kinda like the direction they are going in after watching some of WWDC 2014. I'l be honest I don't completely like the design yosemite, but the way they were on stage and showing off their new stuff seemed a lot better than in the past. Thank you @SSOB for starting this thread and changing my mindset :)

Life.exe is missing

Apple products are overpriced and tend to market themselves towards uneducated/rich folks who can't be bothered to (or simply don't want to) put in the work in becoming more proficient at computers and IT knowledge.  The whole point behind recent Windows innovations was to compete with Apple's aesthetic UI and user friendliness.  Apple knows what they're doing and it works for them.  Good for them on that.  I hear iPhones are pretty cool and I still think the iPod Classic is one of the best MP3 players ever made, barring that god-awful click wheel (though admittedly, I stuck a 240GB SSD in mine and installed Rockbox, so only the case and half the hardware is original at this point).  So yeah, I don't hate Apple, I just prefer to shop elsewhere.  I prefer Android, and while I don't like Windows, I'm a gamer and am more or less stuck with it (if only I could game on Ubuntu; and yes, I know many games are getting Linux support, but with over 600 games, most would be unplayable).  And just like Apple fanboys, I'm an Intel/Nvidia fanboy.  AMD has its place and I'm not about to argue its merits, but everyone has their opinions and outside the occasional teasing, people should probably keep those opinions to themselves.  Some people swear by their iPhone and iPad and Macbooks, and my roommate tends to stick to AMD for all his computer building.  I don't.  That's okay, though.  That's the beauty of capitalism and competition.  We all get choices and every company is forced to keep improving their products and set competitive prices.

Apple products are overpriced 

Not all. Mac Pro isnt (even guys like linus and some other tech guy i forgot said it wasnt, but not best bang for buck due to the expensive workstation hardware)

Macbook AIr is kind of overpriced, Retina Macbook Pro, not really

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/176532-the-macbook-pro-is-actually-not-overpriced-with-ultrabooknotebook-comparison-chart/

Folding for LTT since April 2016.

The question is if fanboys were quiet and not vocal, would you hate Apple?

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

Not all. Mac Pro isnt (even guys like linus and some other tech guy i forgot said it wasnt, but not best bang for buck due to the expensive workstation hardware)

Macbook AIr is kind of overpriced, Retina Macbook Pro, not really

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/176532-the-macbook-pro-is-actually-not-overpriced-with-ultrabooknotebook-comparison-chart/

Let me rephrase: Apple is generally overpriced.  Not always, but enough so that I pretty much skip over their products (that and they really don't manufacture anything that suits my needs, anyway, excluding the iPod classic).

Let me rephrase: Apple is generally overpriced.  Not always, but enough so that I pretty much skip over their products (that and they really don't manufacture anything that suits my needs, anyway, excluding the iPod classic).

Who says those Alienware PC's aren't overpriced? I think we should just be focusing on keeping the console peasants away.

hehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehheh SWIGGITY SWOOTY I'M COMING FOR THAT BOOTY hehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehheh

huehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehue LINIXTEKTEPS R DE BES I LUV LINUX huehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehue

Who says those Alienware PC's aren't overpriced? I think we should just be focusing on keeping the console peasants away.

I've never once said that Alienware isn't overpriced, but we're talking about Apple here.  Apple may not be the only company that's overpriced, but they're far more popular than Alienware and have a far bigger impact on both the industry as well as consumers (fans and haters alike) than Alienware does.  That's partially due to the fact that Alienware is pretty much exclusively gaming PCs and laptops, and that's it.  Apple makes all kinds of different devices (tablets, phones, etc.) and the peripherals to go with them.  Not to mention that they're running their own OS, so they have somewhat of a monopoly on their product whereas Alienware is one of many companies designing products around Microsoft operating systems and compatible software.  So if you want all the great software features that Apple has to offer, you have to buy an Apple product (this is barring Hackintosh type stuff, mind you; we're speaking of the general public/fanboys).  If you want Microsoft, you don't have to buy an Alienware.  So in this context, the only thing these two companies have in common is that they tend to be overpriced, and that's true of many companies in nearly any industry.  There's always someone asking for too much.  Just look at Bose. >_>

As for consoles, who cares?  I have some consoles and I love them, and who doesn't like plugging a controller into their PC and kicking back sometimes (just like console players do)?  I'm still a huge fan of classic consoles, the PS2 is probably my second favorite console ever (SNES is first for me), and while I don't play it as much as I'd like to, I still don't regret getting a Wii U.  So while I generally prefer PC gaming for all the obvious reasons, the fact that others prefer console gaming doesn't matter.  Sure, they may have a lot of stupid arguments as to why, but that's just more uneducated, bad gamers that I don't have to deal with when I play my PC games online.  It follows the theme of this thread in that we need to grow up.  Consoles have their place just the same as Apple has its place.  I'm sure most of us would still agree that Microsoft PCs are the superior choice between consoles/Apple for a number of reasons, but just because it's better doesn't mean the others are inherently trash, despite what all the blathering from their fanboys might suggest.  Buy whatever you want and don't let a bunch of ravenous, uneducated fanboys bother you.  I assure you that there are plenty of diehard console players and diehard Apple users who are completely aware of the arguments against their choices and agree, but those arguments probably don't much matter to them and their needs, so they politely decline alternatives and stick with that they want.  If someone wants to save money to play their Xbox in 720p because they can't tell the difference anyway and all their friends are getting one, let them.  That's their choice.  It's like arguing over headphones with a deaf person.  If it's a non-issue for them, does it really matter if you're right?

I've never once said that Alienware isn't overpriced, but we're talking about Apple here.  Apple may not be the only company that's overpriced, but they're far more popular than Alienware and have a far bigger impact on both the industry as well as consumers (fans and haters alike) than Alienware does.  That's partially due to the fact that Alienware is pretty much exclusively gaming PCs and laptops, and that's it.  Apple makes all kinds of different devices (tablets, phones, etc.) and the peripherals to go with them.  Not to mention that they're running their own OS, so they have somewhat of a monopoly on their product whereas Alienware is one of many companies designing products around Microsoft operating systems and compatible software.  So if you want all the great software features that Apple has to offer, you have to buy an Apple product (this is barring Hackintosh type stuff, mind you; we're speaking of the general public/fanboys).  If you want Microsoft, you don't have to buy an Alienware.  So in this context, the only thing these two companies have in common is that they tend to be overpriced, and that's true of many companies in nearly any industry.  There's always someone asking for too much.  Just look at Bose. >_>

As for consoles, who cares?  I have some consoles and I love them, and who doesn't like plugging a controller into their PC and kicking back sometimes (just like console players do)?  I'm still a huge fan of classic consoles, the PS2 is probably my second favorite console ever (SNES is first for me), and while I don't play it as much as I'd like to, I still don't regret getting a Wii U.  So while I generally prefer PC gaming for all the obvious reasons, the fact that others prefer console gaming doesn't matter.  Sure, they may have a lot of stupid arguments as to why, but that's just more uneducated, bad gamers that I don't have to deal with when I play my PC games online.  It follows the theme of this thread in that we need to grow up.  Consoles have their place just the same as Apple has its place.  I'm sure most of us would still agree that Microsoft PCs are the superior choice between consoles/Apple for a number of reasons, but just because it's better doesn't mean the others are inherently trash, despite what all the blathering from their fanboys might suggest.  Buy whatever you want and don't let a bunch of ravenous, uneducated fanboys bother you.  I assure you that there are plenty of diehard console players and diehard Apple users who are completely aware of the arguments against their choices and agree, but those arguments probably don't much matter to them and their needs, so they politely decline alternatives and stick with that they want.  If someone wants to save money to play their Xbox in 720p because they can't tell the difference anyway and all their friends are getting one, let them.  That's their choice.  It's like arguing over headphones with a deaf person.  If it's a non-issue for them, does it really matter if you're right?

I'm sorry but I'm too tired to read the wall of text. I'm just comparing what PC and Apple has to offer.

hehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehheh SWIGGITY SWOOTY I'M COMING FOR THAT BOOTY hehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehheh

huehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehue LINIXTEKTEPS R DE BES I LUV LINUX huehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehue

I'm sorry but I'm too tired to read the wall of text. I'm just comparing what PC and Apple has to offer.

tl;dr Alienware is not even comparable to Apple in terms of their impact on the industry and consumers, and their only similarity is that they are overpriced hardware.  Also, bitching about consoles is as bad as bitching about Apple.  It's not really justified and boils down to disliking their fanbase more than the actual entities being completely terrible alternatives to the PC master race.

I feel that this thread has changed me in some way. Before I read this thread, I admit I was completely against anything apple (including their fanboys) but after reading all if the intelligent posts people said, I have changed my mind on the subject matter. I will try to ignore the apple fanboys and let them enjoy what they like, and not HATE so much on Apple. In fact, I kinda like the direction they are going in after watching some of WWDC 2014. I'l be honest I don't completely like the design yosemite, but the way they were on stage and showing off their new stuff seemed a lot better than in the past. Thank you @SSOB for starting this thread and changing my mindset :)

You're welcome sir.

Interested in Business and Technology

You're welcome sir.

I also agree with @CreepersCrawlers' post. Before this thread (@Yummychickenblue may recall this) I was a complete Apple hater in every sense imaginable, everywhere I went I brought my Apple hate module with me. After reading this thread, I have learned that they aren't as bad as I thought and appreciate Apple a little more. Thanks, @SSOB.