Let's grow up. Discussion - Apple - General Fanboyism (Not answered by the way.)

SSOB
Go to solution Solved by SSOB,

Another example:

http://youtu.be/qFO4JOXFzmY?t=3m35s

This is just immature behaviour , he AT LEAST should have said something like ''All joking aside the MBA is a solid piece of hardware'', which it is. We as the whole enthusiast community should get off these BS things and really 'Grow Up'  We shouldn't find jokes like that funny anymore to truly become a grown up community, in other communities/industries (like the car indrustry) people actually treat every brand equal, because they understand that it isn't about the brand, it's about the product. This is just my opinion and i really hope some of you are with me.

@LinusTech , I would love to see a reply ,although i doubt you are going to burn your fingers on this heated discussion, which from your perspective is understandable. 

Just a question,

Can we not leave this topic in two weeks ago? Or whenever these were taking over the trending now section on the homepage beta?

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Just a question,

Can we not leave this topic in two weeks ago? Or whenever these were taking over the trending now section on the homepage beta?

:o this threath was on the homepage ?

Interested in Business and Technology

:o this threath was on the homepage ?

This and like 3 other topics that I still think are the result of apple paying people to make them. It's not above companies to pay people to troll forums in an attempt to change peoples mind, happens all the time on news websites in the comments sections for political stories.

This and like 3 other topics that I still think are the result of apple paying people to make them. It's not above companies to pay people to troll forums in an attempt to change peoples mind, happens all the time on news websites in the comments sections for political stories.

WOOOW,

I wish. you are paranoid and don't seem to understand what advertising/marketing is. Take some courses.

WOOOW,

I wish. you are paranoid and don't seem to understand what advertising/marketing is. Take some courses.

You've never heard of social engineering it seems. My suspicion comes from a few things.

1. a sudden and noticeable uptick in pro apple topics over a very short period of time.

2. The refusal of the OP to accept that anything could possible be better than apple (granted, this could just be fanboyism)

3. The fact that one of the topics was pushing a specific product, and the arguements made by the OP resembled a hard sell approach.

Again, could just be coincedence. But I honestly wouldn't put it past apple to pay some college student to troll forums trying to get an uptick in sales. You'd think it's a waste of money, but we are talking about a corporation worth billions, they can afford to throw money away. This practice is called social engineering, you have someone posing as an "average person" who raves about a product they "recently bought" and just have to tell everyone how much better it is than everything else!

If you dont know what social engineering is, you might want to take some courses yourself. It's not paranoia, that would be thinking that said OP was out to get me somehow, what I have is a good old case of skepticism. Granted I could be completely wrong, but to me there are too many coincedences, and one of the OP's in particular, was really pushing this one single product as being "spec for spec" better than other specifically targeted products, and refused to accept any proof otherwise, to the point of being outright argumentative.

The fact that they sue just about everyone they can is why I hate them. 

First it was: "Hey! You stole our idea of having curved edges on tablets!". Soon it will be: "HEY! Granny smith! You stole that from Apple! Give us $99999999999999 to make up for it."

You've never heard of social engineering it seems. My suspicion comes from a few things.

1. a sudden and noticeable uptick in pro apple topics over a very short period of time.

2. The refusal of the OP to accept that anything could possible be better than apple (granted, this could just be fanboyism)

3. The fact that one of the topics was pushing a specific product, and the arguements made by the OP resembled a hard sell approach.

Again, could just be coincedence. But I honestly wouldn't put it past apple to pay some college student to troll forums trying to get an uptick in sales. You'd think it's a waste of money, but we are talking about a corporation worth billions, they can afford to throw money away. This practice is called social engineering, you have someone posing as an "average person" who raves about a product they "recently bought" and just have to tell everyone how much better it is than everything else!

If you dont know what social engineering is, you might want to take some courses yourself. It's not paranoia, that would be thinking that said OP was out to get me somehow, what I have is a good old case of skepticism. Granted I could be completely wrong, but to me there are too many coincedences, and one of the OP's in particular, was really pushing this one single product as being "spec for spec" better than other specifically targeted products, and refused to accept any proof otherwise, to the point of being outright argumentative.

So you're saying that a long standing member of this forum (>3600 posts) is somehow involved in a grand conspiracy in which Apple is bribing people to post topics that are sort of pro-Apple on a PC Master Race forum where most people have a blind devotion to both GabeN and Windows, and they're doing this for the sole purpose of persuading hardcore PC gamers to switch to Mac?

/That makes so much sense, I just can't even................  /s

Just to throw out my two cents here, couldn't it make sense that the first 'Apple' topic posted was just someone genuinely asking why people hate Apple? That thread inevitably turned to shit (due to most people's pig-headed fanboyism: "GABEN, PCMASTERRACE, BWAHHHH!!"), which left the OP's genuine question unanswered. Then, since the question was left unanswered, another person created a follow-up thread trying to ask the same genuine question while trying to keep the shitstorm under control.. As the second thread was flooded with the inevitable shitstorm, a third person created a third similar thread, also trying to ask a similar genuine question while trying to keep the shitstorm under control.

Actually nevermind, that's wayyy too outlandish to be true. You're probably right that it is a conspiracy funded by Tim Cook himself..

On the topic of Apple's products, you say that the OP is refusing to accept that their may be other products that are "spec for spec" better than an Apple product (btw, I evidently missed the topic you're referring to, could you share the link?).. Before you go throwing spec sheets around, let me ask you this: What does it mean for a product to be "spec for spec better"? Sure, you could say that spec-for-spec better means that it has a better CPU and GPU, but for someone who doesn't really do any heavy data processing or gaming, a "better" CPU/GPU doesn't correlate to a better experience so it's not really "better", is it? You could argue that spec-for-spec better means more storage space, but for someone who doesn't need a ton of storage, the "better" capacity drive isn't necessarily a "better" spec..  An Apple fanboy might say that a MacBook's overall experience is "better" than a Windows laptop, so they might say that the Apple logo on the lid is a "better" spec. A non-techie may find ease-of-use to be more important than advanced capabilities, so they may consider OS X to be a "better" spec than Windows or Linux. A hardcore PC gamer may consider DirectX to be one of the most important specs of a system, so they would say that any PC running Windows is "better" than anything running any other OS. 

Apple's products are what they are. They're different products made for a different type of user. Apple has done some truly bad things in recent years (like suing over minor BS, etc), but that doesn't change the fact that their products are good at what they are good at. They're better at some things and they're worse at others, but overall, they're neither better or worse. It all depends on what the user needs.

Being perfectly honest here, the only reason why I can't use a Mac is because I mostly use my PC for gaming. I can't really use any system that doesn't have DirectX, and I'm not going to waste any time or money to learn a new OS that doesn't allow me to do everything that I want to do. I'm not going to buy a Mac, and until my needs change I don't see any reason for me to switch.

My parents are complete non-techies, so the ease of use and simplicity of a Mac is something that may be of value to them. That doesn't mean they're evil conformists, it just means that they need something different out of a PC than you or me.

i7 not perfectly stable at 4.4.. #firstworldproblems

So you're saying that a long standing member of this forum (>3600 posts) is somehow involved in a grand conspiracy in which Apple is bribing people to post topics that are sort of pro-Apple on a PC Master Race forum where most people have a blind devotion to both GabeN and Windows, and they're doing this for the sole purpose of persuading hardcore PC gamers to switch to Mac?

/That makes so much sense, I just can't even................  /s

Just to throw out my two cents here, couldn't it make sense that the first 'Apple' topic posted was just someone genuinely asking why people hate Apple? That thread inevitably turned to shit (due to most people's pig-headed fanboyism: "GABEN, PCMASTERRACE, BWAHHHH!!"), which left the OP's genuine question unanswered. Then, since the question was left unanswered, another person created a follow-up thread trying to ask the same genuine question while trying to keep the shitstorm under control.. As the second thread was flooded with the inevitable shitstorm, a third person created a third similar thread, also trying to ask a similar genuine question while trying to keep the shitstorm under control.

Actually nevermind, that's wayyy too outlandish to be true. You're probably right that it is a conspiracy funded by Tim Cook himself..

On the topic of Apple's products, you say that the OP is refusing to accept that their may be other products that are "spec for spec" better than an Apple product (btw, I evidently missed the topic you're referring to, could you share the link?).. Before you go throwing spec sheets around, let me ask you this: What does it mean for a product to be "spec for spec better"? Sure, you could say that spec-for-spec better means that it has a better CPU and GPU, but for someone who doesn't really do any heavy data processing or gaming, a "better" CPU/GPU doesn't correlate to a better experience so it's not really "better", is it? You could argue that spec-for-spec better means more storage space, but for someone who doesn't need a ton of storage, the "better" capacity drive isn't necessarily a "better" spec..  An Apple fanboy might say that a MacBook's overall experience is "better" than a Windows laptop, so they might say that the Apple logo on the lid is a "better" spec. A non-techie may find ease-of-use to be more important than advanced capabilities, so they may consider OS X to be a "better" spec than Windows or Linux. A hardcore PC gamer may consider DirectX to be one of the most important specs of a system, so they would say that any PC running Windows is "better" than anything running any other OS. 

Apple's products are what they are. They're different products made for a different type of user. Apple has done some truly bad things in recent years (like suing over minor BS, etc), but that doesn't change the fact that their products are good at what they are good at. They're better at some things and they're worse at others, but overall, they're neither better or worse. It all depends on what the user needs.

Being perfectly honest here, the only reason why I can't use a Mac is because I mostly use my PC for gaming. I can't really use any system that doesn't have DirectX, and I'm not going to waste any time or money to learn a new OS that doesn't allow me to do everything that I want to do. I'm not going to buy a Mac, and until my needs change I don't see any reason for me to switch.

My parents are complete non-techies, so the ease of use and simplicity of a Mac is something that may be of value to them. That doesn't mean they're evil conformists, it just means that they need something different out of a PC than you or me.

I was barely involved in the topic in question, I didn't throw any specs around, a whole shitload of other people did.

And to be honest, if a company like windows or apple came along and offered you money to start a topic on a forum, wouldn't you? I know I sure as hell would. As I said I could be wrong and probably am, but to me the whole thing stank.

Not to mention me hating apple anyways, not because of anything specific they did, but because they claim to make better products, and yet I have not seen an Apple product do anything that a windows/linux based pc can't do, at a lower price point.

This topic will never be settled, which is why I said "cant we just leave this in last week?" It belongs there, both sides are convinced of their superiority and neither will ever be willing to budge, the only way it will ever get settled is either the companies (and this would be a sign of the apocalypse to me) merge, or one goes bankrupt and shuts down.

Edit: Also I wasn't accusing SSOB of anything, he didn't start the topic in question

Your tinfoil hat is on the way.

Your tinfoil hat is on the way.

I'm not paying extra for the apple logo on it.

I'm not paying extra for the apple logo on it.

I thought this was funny,  not in the context of the recent conversation,  just in the context that it's about apple.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Lol @ people being paid by Apple on this forum.

Apple PR has bigger and more mature fish to market to.

That's just laughable.

Lol @ people being paid by Apple on this forum.

Apple PR has bigger and more mature fish to market to.

That's just laughable.

Imagine paying someone a full weeks pay to maybe garner an extra 3 imac sales.  Can anyone say false economy?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Imagine paying someone a full weeks pay to maybe garner an extra 3 imac sales.  Can anyone say false economy?

Oh god, 3 more sales? 

Apple just got enough to pay their rent.