Let's grow up. Discussion - Apple - General Fanboyism (Not answered by the way.)

SSOB
Go to solution Solved by SSOB,

Another example:

http://youtu.be/qFO4JOXFzmY?t=3m35s

This is just immature behaviour , he AT LEAST should have said something like ''All joking aside the MBA is a solid piece of hardware'', which it is. We as the whole enthusiast community should get off these BS things and really 'Grow Up'  We shouldn't find jokes like that funny anymore to truly become a grown up community, in other communities/industries (like the car indrustry) people actually treat every brand equal, because they understand that it isn't about the brand, it's about the product. This is just my opinion and i really hope some of you are with me.

@LinusTech , I would love to see a reply ,although i doubt you are going to burn your fingers on this heated discussion, which from your perspective is understandable. 

You know I don't really "hate" them. I hate what they do, and what they say and how they say it specially, but I understand that it's the nature of the beast and virtually all corporations and companies will act like over exited cheerleaders and sound just as fake doing it.

What I dislike however is more in tune with my misanthropy: I hate people who just can't see past this incredibly obvious and obnoxious facade of "beautiful and innovative design" and try to rationalize their fanatism of Apple by basically repeating the same fucking PR nonsense.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I remeber this vid.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

I don't have anything towards the branding, or the social rejection that many fanboys-antifanboys seem to have. Just look up beyond the media and publicity you see and investigate a bit further. 

Examples?

This part sounds like this white people who doesn't know that they make racist comments and when someone says that was racist they then say how can i be a racist i have black friends at work.

I for one do not hate Apple i hate their way of doing business and the concept that any product that does not have the Apple branding is considered inferior. Google is following their business model and that is PISSING ME OFF! :angry:

As a matter of face i do not own a single apple device ;)

Interested in Business and Technology

Apple products and an enthusiast forum don't really mix well. Our needs aren't the general consumer's needs. We might care about GPU power and gaming, but the vast majority doesn't, they only care if the computer can browse the internet and do productivity work. Apple products are for those people who have a reasonable amount money to spend on a laptop/desktop but don't really care about performance, so instead of getting better performance they choose to get someting that looks nicer and a bit easier to use. Would I get an Apple product? It depends. If I was on the market for a desktop, no. If I was on the market for a gaming notebook, no. If I was on the market for an Ultrabook, maybe. The Air series is the only one that has the slightest appeal to me, that and maybe the iPad.

Also, @SSOB, if I came out as an Apple hater on the other thread I'm sorry, I really didn't mean to.

While honestly it should mix. and great point you made there.

Another example:

This is just immature behaviour , he AT LEAST should have said something like ''All joking aside the MBA is a solid piece of hardware'', which it is. We as the whole enthusiast community should get off these BS things and really 'Grow Up'  We shouldn't find jokes like that funny anymore to truly become a grown up community, in other communities/industries (like the car indrustry) people actually treat every brand equal, because they understand that it isn't about the brand, it's about the product. This is just my opinion and i really hope some of you are with me.

@LinusTech , I would love to see a reply ,although i doubt you are going to burn your fingers on this heated discussion, which from your perspective is understandable. 

You know I don't really "hate" them. I hate what they do, and what they say and how they say it specially, but I understand that it's the nature of the beast and virtually all corporations and companies will act like over exited cheerleaders and sound just as fake doing it.

What I dislike however is more in tune with my misanthropy: I hate people who just can't see past this incredibly obvious and obnoxious facade of "beautiful and innovative design" and try to rationalize their fanatism of Apple by basically repeating the same fucking PR nonsense.

You remind me of a politican in my country ''Geert wilders'' ( Google search him ) He says . I don't hate the muslims but i hate Islamic religion. 

Not to make any refference to him tho, just a funny thought that came to mind.

I don't hate Apple.

I don't hate Nintendo.

I don't hate Adobe.

I don't hate Google. 

I don't hate Honda. 

I don't hate Starbucks. 

I don't hate AMD.

I don't hate Intel.

I don't hate Nvidia.

Conversely, I don't even like most of those companies either. They are just names on a list, a list that I shop around to find what product is best for my needs, desires and priorities.

I simply hate all the fucking 12 year olds that follow these companies around like maggots, spewing their PR and making it seem as if each company is the greatest thing since fucking blowjobs. 

OP is right, the real grownups don't care. They use what they like and they live and let live. 

Were it so easy for a forum like this that is riddled with those same 12 year olds to follow the same path. But nope. Thats asking for way too much. 

Wow. You said it bro.

Apple products and an enthusiast forum don't really mix well. Our needs aren't the general consumer's needs. We might care about GPU power and gaming, but the vast majority doesn't, they only care if the computer can browse the internet and do productivity work. Apple products are for those people who have a reasonable amount money to spend on a laptop/desktop but don't really care about performance, so instead of getting better performance they choose to get someting that looks nicer and a bit easier to use. Would I get an Apple product? It depends. If I was on the market for a desktop, no. If I was on the market for a gaming notebook, no. If I was on the market for an Ultrabook, maybe. The Air series is the only one that has the slightest appeal to me, that and maybe the iPad.

Also, @SSOB, if I came out as an Apple hater on the other thread I'm sorry, I really didn't mean to.

Can we please try and separate "enthusiast" from "gamer?" Please?

I'm an enthusiast. I'm also primarily a Mac user. I don't think that should matter.

To me, being an enthusiast is knowing and understanding the tools you need to use to get your job done most efficiently. To push the envelope of performance through overclocking, spend the entire night with the dull glow of emacs on the back of your eyes, poring through thousands of lines of C code. To understand how your software works, what it does and what it doesn't, to contribute that information to the community in a meaningful way. An enthusiast buys hardware not because they need it now, or that they'll ever need it, but to further their dream of constructing the optimal system. An enthusiast fights for internet freedom, free speech, and civil rights. Enthusiasts are the forefront of the computing community.

We are a dying race. If we keep shunning Mac users from our hallowed halls of enthusiast computing, then we shall have shown that we are all failures ourselves. Being an enthusiast isn't about telling everyone why your platform is best, it's about loving your platform, or hating it, but making it work anyway. A true enthusiast uses what works for them, and ignores the opinions of others. A true enthusiast is a lover of open source software and the freedom it brings to its users. An enthusiast is someone who does all of these things, and then moves on to redefine the category in their own image.

That is an enthusiast.

I'm an enthusiast, you're an enthusiast, we're all enthusiasts in our own way and if we fail to recognize that, we run the risk of dying out completely.

Shout out to @LinusTech and @Slick

Thanks for reading. Peace. 

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Wow. You said it bro.

Can we please try and separate "enthusiast" from "gamer?" Please?

I'm an enthusiast. I'm also primarily a Mac user. I don't think that should matter.

To me, being an enthusiast is knowing and understanding the tools you need to use to get your job done most efficiently. To push the envelope of performance through overclocking, spend the entire night with the dull glow of emacs on the back of your eyes, poring through thousands of lines of C code. To understand how your software works, what it does and what it doesn't, to contribute that information to the community in a meaningful way. An enthusiast buys hardware not because they need it now, or that they'll ever need it, but to further their dream of constructing the optimal system. An enthusiast fights for internet freedom, free speech, and civil rights. Enthusiasts are the forefront of the computing community.

We are a dying race. If we keep shunning Mac users from our hallowed halls of enthusiast computing, then we shall have shown that we are all failures ourselves. Being an enthusiast isn't about telling everyone why your platform is best, it's about loving your platform, or hating it, but making it work anyway. A true enthusiast uses what works for them, and ignores the opinions of others. A true enthusiast is a lover of open source software and the freedom it brings to its users. An enthusiast is someone who does all of these things, and then moves on to redefine the category in their own image.

That is an enthusiast.

I'm an enthusiast, you're an enthusiast, we're all enthusiasts in our own way and if we fail to recognize that, we run the risk of dying out completely.

Thanks for reading. Peace. 

Beast reply. 

I think the dislike and even hatred of Apple's products and in particular their users is equal parts elitist and immature. In my experience Apple fanboys exclusively focus on and care about Apple's devices and their ecosystem. I don't see them comparing them day in day out with competing Windows or Android devices - I see them comparing them to other Apple devices past and present. When a new iPhone comes out they're eagerly comparing it to its predecessors to see how it compares, not waving it around as a club to attack those who purchased a different device.

Whenever I see an argument about Apple vs Windows or iPhone vs. Android or whatever else it's almost always started by someone on the non-Apple side of things. Non-Apple users seem to be obsessed with engaging in never-ending spec-measuring contests. They always seem to be trying to justify their preference or purchase in some way.

Gist of it? In my opinion Apple fanboys are one of the few groups of fanboy that I can respect and tolerate. Would be nice if people would stop complaining about what other people like or buy and focus on their own business...

@SSOB

This may be a good time to include my chart in the OP that compares spec for spec the rMBP with other devices before haters come: https://docs.google.com/document/d/12wz_1Y0aK6FZJUBb24xqT-dgQrN-XydvouAxXXbA8PU/edit?usp=sharing

Like seriously, Macs are PCs, yet some people act like they arent , just look at specs, whichever is better, is better. 

Folding for LTT since April 2016.

Another example:

ACtually the Macbook Air IS overpriced. By a bit. But definitely overpriced. Retina Macbook Pro isnt. But yeah, kind of immature behavior. 

@SSOB

This may be a good time to include my chart in the OP that compares spec for spec the rMBP with other devices before haters come: https://docs.google.com/document/d/12wz_1Y0aK6FZJUBb24xqT-dgQrN-XydvouAxXXbA8PU/edit?usp=sharing

Like seriously, Macs are PCs, yet some people act like they arent , just look at specs, whichever is better, is better. 

Exactally, and OSX is just an OS, just like Ubuntu, Mint , Windows, Android and iOS.

ACtually the Macbook Air IS overpriced. By a bit. But definitely overpriced. Retina Macbook Pro isnt. But yeah, kind of immature behavior. 

Can you make a chart please? ( Consider weight of course as that is the major selling point.) 

I will put it in the OP

Or... you can grow up and stop "ranting" over these trivial matters. In my "grownup" opinion both haters and defenders of Apple are just plain stupid, take it as you wish.

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

Can you make a chart please? ( Consider weight of course as that is the major selling point.) 

Eh Im too lazy. Just look at Dell XPS 12 on Amazon and Macbook Air with similar specs. XPS 12 is cheaper and convertible. At least with the retina macbook pros, they had something really good about them and expensive and very nice hardware that actually made up for the lack of being able to convert it to a tablet. 

Or... you can grow up and stop "ranting" over these trivial matters. In my "grownup" opinion both haters and defenders of Apple are just plain stupid, take it as you wish.

How is defending it stupid. I mean, as long as you defend it reasonably. Like, defend it like you would a PC, and not mention any software feature (that attracts fanboys from both sides). I defend it by putting up a chart of specs https://docs.google.com/document/d/12wz_1Y0aK6FZJUBb24xqT-dgQrN-XydvouAxXXbA8PU/edit?usp=sharing

@SSOB

U cant copy and paste charts into the forum, use the share link I gave you.

Eh Im too lazy. Just look at Dell XPS 12 on Amazon and Macbook Air with similar specs. XPS 12 is cheaper and convertible. At least with the retina macbook pros, they had something really good about them and expensive and very nice hardware that actually made up for the lack of being able to convert it to a tablet. 

Dell XPS 12 is not really a competitior.

Dell XPS 12 is not really a competitior.

I looked at the specs. Compared to the MBA, if I could buy one of the two right now I would definitely take the XPS 12 if I wasnt concerned with reselling it (i am with all my stuff) or learning Swift development which I need a mac for.

I looked at the specs. Compared to the MBA, if I could buy one of the two right now I would definitely take the XPS 12 if I wasnt concerned with reselling it (i am with all my stuff) or learning Swift development which I need a mac for.

Me too XPS 12 has legendary status anyway after the raining video. All jokes aside it's a nice laptop for sure and so is the MBA

How is defending it stupid. I mean, as long as you defend it reasonably. Like, defend it like you would a PC, and not mention any software feature (that attracts fanboys from both sides). I defend it by putting up a chart of specs https://docs.google.com/document/d/12wz_1Y0aK6FZJUBb24xqT-dgQrN-XydvouAxXXbA8PU/edit?usp=sharing

Making a thread, pleading for everyone to stop "hating" Apple because it's just a tech company... Who does that?

Saw your other thread and now here preaching with "facts", in every thread there's someone talking about Apple. You go on continue with that... I consider myself an Apple user by the way.

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

Because we totally don't have enough of these threads already ;)

I agree with some of what you are saying, but you just end up stoking the fire by posting threads like this.

Everyone is saying "I hate apple because of their fanboys." Don't you think that whenever we impose PC Master race to console peasants,it is the same with what you hate against apple fanboys? So basically, most or some of us hates our own attitude.

Developer by day, Gamer by night

CPU - Intel i7 4770k | MOBO MSI G45 Gaming | RAM - G.Skill RipJaws X 1600mhz 4x4gb CL7 | CASE - NZXT H440 | GPU - MSI R9 290 | PSU - Corsair RM850 | SSD - Samsung 840 EVO 128gb | HDD - Western Digital Black 2TB

Well if I find an Apple product more compelling than another brands equivalent I will go and get it if it makes sense for MY wants and needs. I'd rather have a MacBook Pro with Retina over 99% of non gaming laptops, I had to say "non gaming" so not as many people get angry and shit.

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

Everyone is saying "I hate apple because of their fanboys." Don't you think that whenever we impose PC Master race to console peasants,it is the same with what you hate against apple fanboys? So basically, most or some of us hates our own attitude.

My mate is so #pcmasterrace that I want to punch him for every time he says "PC IS BETTER" which is like every 5 seconds.

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ