Let's grow up. Discussion - Apple - General Fanboyism (Not answered by the way.)

SSOB
Go to solution Solved by SSOB,

Another example:

http://youtu.be/qFO4JOXFzmY?t=3m35s

This is just immature behaviour , he AT LEAST should have said something like ''All joking aside the MBA is a solid piece of hardware'', which it is. We as the whole enthusiast community should get off these BS things and really 'Grow Up'  We shouldn't find jokes like that funny anymore to truly become a grown up community, in other communities/industries (like the car indrustry) people actually treat every brand equal, because they understand that it isn't about the brand, it's about the product. This is just my opinion and i really hope some of you are with me.

@LinusTech , I would love to see a reply ,although i doubt you are going to burn your fingers on this heated discussion, which from your perspective is understandable. 

What about 17inch+ screen, numpads and touchscreens ? missed out by another comparison chart.

Really, insert the name of Company X and you will have the same pro's and con's. Don't like the con's or those against Company X then don't read that thread, go find the pro thread to the con or start it.

Everyone has an opinion and basically a computer is a tool to get a certain job or jobs done, you pick the one that is best for the task not the one that's to coolest and fit in what you can do later, well what real people do. Many and I mean many people buy with blinders on and don't consider what they need to get done and buy for the wrong reasons and end up screwing themselves just to use a particular product because someone told them to or they followed the trend. Its like buying a two door sports car when you need a truck or vice versa and everything in between.

So list out what you want to do with the computer then buy what can do it. End of story and it some company doesn't fit into your requirements then don't buy it, don't force them to change just for you because its not going to happen. Then ,if you are so diverse that you need two or three different OS's then buy them or buy within your budget the best combo.

Those who are just surfing the web and playing solitaire can use pretty much buy anything and should just go do that, but instead voice how superior brand X is vs brand Y when they have no real basis for their comparison other than a spec sheet from brand X and its marketing key words.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

Then ,if you are so diverse that you need two or three different OS's then buy them or buy within your budget the best combo.

Nail on the head,  I'd just add that if you genuinely need several OS's, then the chances that you would be here defending one product over the other is slim to none.   In other words professionals can accept that some products just aren't suitable for some tasks. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Yea I guess I was overreacting a bit, I just dislike them,

And you can get similar specs for the a lower price an example would be this, Though I do like the fact they are trying to push PCI-E SSD's, I will give them that.

The issue I have with that video is that it kinda misses the point of workstation* grade hardware,  If you don't need something at the caliber of the mac pro but want similar performance and not so mission critical then this would be fine.   On the flipside of course is that the mac pro's unique case is probably the biggest thing that will stop professionals buying it.

*Workstation I mean big performance editing workstation.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

The issue I have with that video is that it kinda misses the point of workstation* grade hardware,  If you don't need something at the caliber of the mac pro but want similar performance and not so mission critical then this would be fine.   On the flipside of course is that the mac pro's unique case is probably the biggest thing that will stop professionals buying it.

That plus the fact that tek syndicate is just being ignorant in that video. The mac pro is meant for an ENTIRELY different group of people than a windows workstation. 

Interested in Business and Technology

I have no idea why people "Fanboy" Up at all, I will never say that one product is crap or useless unless it is.

I am someone who uses what they want because they want to, I've owned a 2008 Mac Pro since its release and had a PowerMac G4 before that and several Windows Machines.

If you asked my opinion on which side I'd rather I'd say Apple every day of the week as its platform in my opinion serves me better in the applications I use. Do I hate Linux/Windows because I prefer Macs? Hell no! I love technology no matter how its released.

Like I am a Playstation Gamer more than an Xbox Gamer, do I hate Xbox's? No, I have an Xbox 360 its just that my platform of choice is the Playstation platform.

Just buy what you want to buy, if your willing to pay for it then get it no matter what it is. Do not go 100% on the opinions of others as what works for them may not work for you and you may regret that purchase because you went along with it like a sheep (Please no Welsh sheep jokes please :lol:) 

Main Machine:  16 inch MacBook Pro (2021), Apple M1 Pro (10 CPU, 16 GPU Core), 512GB SDD, 16GB RAM

Gaming Machine:  Acer Nitro 5, Core i7 10750H, RTX 3060 (L) 6GB, 1TB SSD (Boot), 2TB SSD (Storage), 32GB DDR4 RAM

Other Tech: iPhone 15 Pro Max, Series 6 Apple Watch (LTE), AirPods Max, PS4, Nintendo Switch, PS3, Xbox 360

Network Gear:  TP Link Gigabit 24 Port Switch, TP-Link Deco M4 Mesh Wi-Fi, M1 MacMini File & Media Server with 8TB of RAID 1 Storage

just because you hate a company does not mean you are childish. it just means you have an opinion. 

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

just because you hate a company does not mean you are childish. it just means you have an opinion. 

You are if you don't have anything based on facts to really back it up. And in my opionion it's childish.

I have no idea why people "Fanboy" Up at all, I will never say that one product is crap or useless unless it is.

I am someone who uses what they want because they want to, I've owned a 2008 Mac Pro since its release and had a PowerMac G4 before that and several Windows Machines.

If you asked my opinion on which side I'd rather I'd say Apple every day of the week as its platform in my opinion serves me better in the applications I use. Do I hate Linux/Windows because I prefer Macs? Hell no! I love technology no matter how its released.

Like I am a Playstation Gamer more than an Xbox Gamer, do I hate Xbox's? No, I have an Xbox 360 its just that my platform of choice is the Playstation platform.

Just buy what you want to buy, if your willing to pay for it then get it no matter what it is. Do not go 100% on the opinions of others as what works for them may not work for you and you may regret that purchase because you went along with it like a sheep (Please no Welsh sheep jokes please :lol:) 

And that's how it should be honestly.

You are if you don't have anything based on facts to really back it up. And in my opionion it's childish.

so if someone hates something you don't hate, they are childish?

Rig Specs:

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

so if someone hates something you don't hate, they are childish?

No, i never said that. ( if so i would love to see a quote or anything alike.)

No, i never said that. ( if so i would love to see a quote or anything alike.)

you didn''t say it. i interpreted it from reading your post. what is the point in this thread anyway? everyone has a reason to hate things.

Rig Specs:

Asus Zenith III Extreme

PARADOX!!!!

Now this is a love/hate relationship 

Previously Trogdor8freebird

5800x | Asus x570 Pro Wifi (barely enough for 64GB apparently given it's 2133 and still crashes sometimes) | 64GB DDR4 | 3070 Ti 8GB | Love that whole weeb shit

you didn''t say it. i interpreted it from reading your post. what is the point in this thread anyway? everyone has a reason to hate things.

Read the OP and ''best anwsered questions'' Actually if you can and got time read the whole topic or at least the usefull (read : long ) replies.

The problem with that is that some people have issues differentiating general/universal facts from personal preference.   Insults are childish, different opinions without mutual understanding are not.

The problem with that is that some people have issues differentiating general/universal facts from personal preference.   Insults are childish, different opinions without mutual understanding are not.

Are you targeting me?

Are you targeting me?

no,  my response applies to every one equally. 

No, no ssd  + lower resolution screen + no OSX + thicker body + no AC wifi + more weight + (much) worse battery life.

Ok, You got me there

There is no SSD

A lower resolution screen

OS X?! that OS sucks, Use Linux or Windows

Yes there is a thicker body

No AC Wifi

And much worse battery Life,

But It does have a better CPU and GPU

Main PC: CPU: i7-4770k RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Blu SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB HDD: 1TB WD Blue GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 2GB PSU: Corsair CX600M Case: Bitfenix Shinobi OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Laptop: ASUS N56VJ

Mac Pro has Xeons which are expensive and the all the engineering that it  takes to make it small, so I'd say its priced well (For professionals/devs)

In the thread I gave u, I mentioned Retina Macbook Pros which are the best priced Macs imo and are not overpriced

Okay yea it does not have Xeons,small size that really just a downgrade , less upgradable

Main PC: CPU: i7-4770k RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Blu SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB HDD: 1TB WD Blue GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 2GB PSU: Corsair CX600M Case: Bitfenix Shinobi OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

I do a agree but this is just one build you could do

Okay yea it does not have Xeons,small size that really just a downgrade , less upgradable

Some people would choose less upgradeability for a small size.

Folding for LTT since April 2016.

Some people would choose less upgradeability for a small size.

Yes I do see your point, but most professionals would choose upgradability

Yes I do see your point, but most professionals would choose upgradability

They do, in fact that is one of the reasons given by animal logic when they are asked why they choose HP over apple for CGI. 

http://www.arnnet.com.au/article/362954/pitter-patter_happy_it_feet_animal_logic/

I think they are a lot more cost-effective, easier to upgrade and generally more powerful than some of the Mac machines we have seen. I guess it’s just the best fit and solution for our requirements.

You may see other industries such as design houses use Macs and generally they use a range of products from Adobe, which works fine, but certainly not in the 3D space. You probably won’t see many people using Macs to animate or to create visual effects in our particular vertical.

When I was an edgy teenager I used to hate apple. Then I grew up, got married, and my computer broke so I got really used to my wifes imac. For as long as I used it, I liked it and everything had nice UI elements. 

Personally ATM the macbook comes very close. It has a nice battery life and other features like its screen that make it valuable. But right now I feel the Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro is actually the best deal for an ultrabook rather than the minor problems with wifi and yellows. I personally find it that apple is becoming more competitive as windows makers are trying to make premium machines. Like the Asus zenbook I feel is very much overpriced compared to its counter parts but then again it provides features like raid 0 ssd. So both have pros and cons but one should look at a product rather than a brand. Personally i am fine with Macbook ATM as their pricing is becoming more aggressive each and every coming year.