BOTS ruin 3080 launch

Aspryin

Summary

plain and simple it looks like bots snagged up all the 3080 cards. reports of all the sites sold out in under 15 seconds.New egg crashed b/c of the traffic load. Twitter is a wash with anger towards Nvidia for allowing bots to claim the market.

a plethora of memes have stormed reddit and twitter. 

Quotes

There are very few articles out right now. 

but as I said twitter is flooded with unhappy people that hit refresh and went from notify me to sold out.

My thoughts

Nvidia, and every retailer for that matter, need to step up their game, This is a terrible experience for their customers. now the cards are being sold on ebay and other similar resellers for $1200 - $1400

Sources

https://www.tomsguide.com/news/nvidia-geforce-rtx-3080-is-available-now-but-theres-some-bad-news

2 minutes ago, Aspryin said:

plain and simple it looks like bots snagged up all the 3080 cards. reports of all the sites sold out in under 15 seconds.New egg crashed b/c of the traffic load. Twitter is a wash with anger towards Nvidia for allowing bots to claim the market.

Anyone with half a brain should've known this would happen. Everyone should've known to prepare to have to wait a couple months longer to actually be able to buy them.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

3 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

Anyone with half a brain should've known this would happen. Everyone should've known to prepare to have to wait a couple months longer to actually be able to buy them.

This. Also, part of these flippers are just salty 2080Ti buyers that got shagged way up the tailpipe with a telegraph pole :D

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

I wanted to order the Founders Edition model - couldn't, first it was unavailable and then immediately went Out of stock.

Ordered the ASUS TUF Gaming one instead, for the same MSRP price. According to Hardware Unboxed it's better in every way than the FE, so that's nice.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

7 minutes ago, Aspryin said:

Summary

Quotes

but as I said twitter is flooded with unhappy people that hit refresh and went from notify me to sold out.

My thoughts

Nvidia, and every retailer for that matter, need to step up their game, This is a terrible experience for their customers. now the cards are being sold on ebay and other similar resellers for $1200 - $1400

Sources

https://www.tomsguide.com/news/nvidia-geforce-rtx-3080-is-available-now-but-theres-some-bad-news

Can confirm this happened to me.

3 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

Evga had the pre-orders for the 2000 series and I was able to do that just fine. Not having pre-orders really fucked gamers. Honestly I'm not waiting months because of a failed lunch more am I buying from scumbag scalpers. I'll be buying AMD if the stock and performance is there and if not I'll be buying one of the new consoles and just waiting till next gen and buying one of these cards second hand for half the msrp. Everyone dropped the ball and this was pretty disgusting experience.

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

Is there any evidence of bots or just speculation?

I've been looking around, and right now I only know of one report of someone managing to complete an order. I don't know them, where they are of where they shopped at. But it was at a forum where people are dying to get benchmarks on software that'll never be used on mainstream reviews, so we'll know soon enough if they got their card.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

So, MLID was right all along, it just wasn't Nvidia who inflated the price. 🤣

Main Rig :

Ryzen 7 2700X | Powercolor Red Devil RX 580 8 GB | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 | 16 GB TeamGroup Elite 2400MHz | Samsung 750 EVO 240 GB | HGST 7200 RPM 1 TB | Seasonic M12II EVO | CoolerMaster Q300L | Dell U2518D | Dell P2217H | 

Laptop :

Thinkpad X230 | i5 3320M | 8 GB DDR3 | V-Gen 128 GB SSD |

Just now, porina said:

evidence of bots or just speculation?

I think so. A lot of people put "guaranteed orders" on Ebay

Current System: Ryzen 7 3700X, Noctua NH L12 Ghost S1 Edition, 32GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz, MAG B550i Gaming Edge, 1TB WD SN550 NVME, SF750, RTX 3080 Founders Edition, Louqe Ghost S1

1 minute ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

Evga had the pre-orders for the 2000 series and I was able to do that just fine. Not having pre-orders really fucked gamers. Honestly I'm not waiting months because of a failed lunch more am I buying from scumbag scalpers. I'll be buying AMD if the stock and performance is there and if not I'll be buying one of the new consoles and just waiting till next gen and buying one of these cards second hand for half the msrp. Everyone dropped the ball and this was pretty disgusting experience

Eh. I am going to buy a 3070 and I am fully prepared to possibly have to wait all the way until January to actually get one. I, certainly, won't be getting my knickers in a twist if I see scalpers and whatnot buying all the stock next month.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Just now, Hymenopus_Coronatus said:

I think so. A lot of people put "guaranteed orders" on Ebay

That's not evidence in itself. With a large enough number of flippers trying to buy, some would get through. We don't know how many people really got a card.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

NVIDIA and other companies need to start working with Ebay to stop the reselling of their products and absurd prices.

And people who say that this is common sense and that everyone knew this would happen honestly need to shut it. This is IRL, not a game with fixed rules and therefore we can make laws and rules to make the world a little less trash. Using a bot or being lucky to buy one should not entitle you to make $1K profit though I assume most people posting here defending this probably frequently do this at every launch and don't want this to stop.

1 minute ago, Gamer Schnitzel said:

NVIDIA and other companies need to start working with Ebay to stop the reselling of their products and absurd prices.

And people who say that this is common sense and that everyone knew this would happen honestly need to shut it. This is IRL, not a game with fixed rules and therefore we can make laws and rules to make the world a little less trash. Using a bot or being lucky to buy one should not entitle you to make $1K profit though I assume most people posting here defending this probably frequently do this at every launch and don't want this to stop.

Pppffff it's the scalpers and the retards that actually buy the cards at that price that keep it going. Disgusting pay pigs 🐖 and scalpers, bad on both sides 

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

It's almost like this exact same thing happened during the 20 series launch, and somehow people didn't expect it to happen again.

But that would be ridiculous.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

How about do what Nike does with new product launches and charge a billion bucks for shipping when you buy more than one so the order never goes through?

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

17 minutes ago, Aspryin said:

Summary

Quotes

My thoughts

Sources

Not the full story. I ran bots for nvidia and bestbuy and didn't hit. Stock was so limited most bots didn't even hit.

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 MOBO: MSI Tomahawk B350 GPU: Reference cooled GTX 980 Storage: Intel SSD5 256Gb RAM: 8gb Geil EVO Potenza Case:  Phanteks p300 PSU: EVGA 500 watt CPU Cooler: AMD wraith spire

Steam: maxarooni4

Battle.net: MAX

If you have an Oculus HMU in dead and buried   

7 hours ago, Gamer Schnitzel said:

And people who say that this is common sense and that everyone knew this would happen honestly need to shut it. This is IRL, not a game with fixed rules and therefore we can make laws and rules to make the world a little less trash

You're mixing things. There are no such laws or rules, ergo you should've expected this to happen. No one said this is the way it should be, I said that this is how it is.

<removed by staff>

Edited by SansVarnic
Removed content.

If you're one of the lucky few living near a physical store that has stock you've probably got a shot if you show up more than two hours before opening, although given the time that window has probably already passed.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

1 minute ago, BobVonBob said:

If you're one of the lucky few living near a physical store that has stock you've probably got a shot if you show up more than two hours before opening, although given the time that window has probably already passed.

i see microcenter has some in stock in some of their physical stores but the two near me do not.

Part of the blame lies with the retailers. Here in Britain, Scan increased the cost of one of the cards as I was making my way through the payment process by £50, having increased it by £40 earlier. I'm fairly sure that's illegal. 

1 minute ago, GodSeph said:

Classic online stores allowing bots to purchase everything up since they still get their money.

Why wouldn't they? Money is money to them and the best part is when the cards do come back in stock they'll have the second wave that couldn't buy them at first and waited for the cards. So only more money.

27 minutes ago, Aspryin said:

Twitter is a wash with anger towards Nvidia for allowing bots to claim the market.

Why are people angry at Nvidia for something they can't control?

Some shops here in Sweden have limited the number of RTX 30 cards you are allowed to order* so clearly shops like Newegg could have done that if they cared about who bought the cards, but they clearly don't. They get paid regardless.

And I don't think you can blame Nvidia for not enforcing that type of policy either. 

*"Du får köpa max 1st av denna product!" = "You're only allowed to order 1 unit of this product".

If you try to order more than one you get an error message saying that the product is limited to 1 per address.

Adding one to card and being unable to proceed through checkout because they were snatched so quick was the closest I got to securing one.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ