ugly Crypter and ransomewere

Posted (edited)

Hy all. Im a very big fan of what you do. My name is Nane, im from Romania and i have a big problem. My little girl was browsing on internet and got a very ugly encrypre. It encrypted all my photos and documents on the computer. The encypter is .wisz with online key. Do i have any chance to decrypt the photos? I will atach a sample for any smart guys. Thank for the help

Edited by Spotty
attachment removed

You can try NoMoreRansom to see if there is a decrypter available for the ransomware you were infected with.

https://www.nomoreransom.org/

Check the list of ransomware they have decrypters for or upload an encrypted file to their site for it to check automatically. Decrypters are not available for all ransomware. I don't see wisz listed there but maybe uploading the file it will detect it as some other ransomware just with a different name.

If a decrypter is not available just wipe the drive. If you don't have a backup then you're out of luck and those photos and documents are gone.

I've removed the attached file, please don't post potentially dangerous files from an infected device

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

thx for the advice ... i will keep the drive like this ...maybe one day ... in the future ... thx again

Please make sure that your system is updated with the latest patches and security updates for this very reason. 

I know that they slow down your computer but they are there for a reason.