Does my pc support rtx 3050 6gb

Hello, i am new to this pc related things currently i am having asus prebuilt pc with i7 10700,16gb ram,1tb ssd,1tb hdd

and an 300watt 80plus platinum certified psu i am planning to add a gou to it but it doesn't have any external power connector for graphics card so i need an gpu without external power connector then I heard about rtx 3050 6gb version that doesn't require external power connector so now i need to confirm that doesn't it works with my pc.so anyone pls help me with this

4 minutes ago, Jeeva K S said:

Hello, i am new to this pc related things currently i am asus prebuilt pc with i7 10700,16gb ram,1tb ssd,1tb hdd

and an 300watt 80plus platinum certified psu i am planning to add a gou to it but it doesn't have any external power connector for graphics card so i need an gpu without external power connector then I heard about rtx 3050 6gb version that doesn't require external power connector so now i need to confirm that doesn't it works with my pc.so anyone pls help me with this

Yes it will work, as long as you got a PCie slot available 🙂

But it's really a bad buy, you'd get a ton more performance with getting a new PSU and a RX6600 (assuming you have standard board), for not much more money

System : AMD R9  7950X3D CPU/ Asus ROG STRIX X670E-E board/ 2x32GB G-Skill Trident Z Neo 6000CL30 RAM ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 cooler (with 2xArctic P12 Max fans) /  2TB WD SN850 NVme + 2TB Crucial T500  NVme  + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD / Corsair RM850x PSU

Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

send pic of the mobo and the psu

23 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

Yes it will work, as long as you got a PCie slot available 🙂

But it's really a bad buy, you'd get a ton more performance with getting a new PSU and a RX6600 (assuming you have standard board), for not much more money

^^^

if theyre standard you can just swap the psu and get a proper gpu

300$ should get you a used 6700xt/6800 condiering the psu upgrade (~50$ for a half decent 650/750w bronze unit or used 850w+ rmx/equivalent)

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/12/2024 at 3:22 PM, Somerandomtechyboi said:

send pic of the mobo and the psu

^^^

if theyre standard you can just swap the psu and get a proper gpu

300$ should get you a used 6700xt/6800 condiering the psu upgrade (~50$ for a half decent 650/750w bronze unit or used 850w+ rmx/equivalent)

They are not standard this is the only option for me so before i buy the rtx 3050 6gb i want to make sure that my computer will support that card or not