4070 laptop... -_-

Can someone explain me a reason, why Nvidia did that to 4070 laptops ? 8Gb GDDR6, 128bit bus, 4600Cuda cores... Why is this so much castrated ? What's the point ? It's only about weak cooling solution? Or there is something more about it. 

Like where is a point if spending way more for a laptop, with this imitation of 4070, where PC costs less and performing way beyond that. 

Screenshot_20240510-105620.thumb.png.0310b0765ba6c777d01ad80944429dba.png

Gaming laptops are a literal scam, unless you like travel a lot, there is no reason to buy a gaming laptop. Because even if you did get a good performing laptop, it will just overheat, and you won't be able to play on the max performance anyway (not for long at least)

28 minutes ago, MiszS said:

Gaming laptops are a literal scam, unless you like travel a lot, there is no reason to buy a gaming laptop. Because even if you did get a good performing laptop, it will just overheat, and you won't be able to play on the max performance anyway (not for long at least)

and dont forget the battery life is basically non existent

if you wanna play on the go just build a portable sff pc or buy a ryzen 7000/8000 laptop with a ryzen 5 or ryzen 7 as those igpus should be good enough for playing games whilst not getting complete dogshit battery life and actually being portable, ryzen 7 6800u/hs also has a pretty decent igpu

im probably gonna go the route of building a briefcase pc or something akin to that cause i think id prefer having a movable setup

43 minutes ago, EdoTensei said:

Can someone explain me a reason, why Nvidia did that to 4070 laptops ? 8Gb GDDR6, 128bit bus, 4600Cuda cores... Why is this so much castrated ? What's the point ? It's only about weak cooling solution? Or there is something more about it. 

Like where is a point if spending way more for a laptop, with this imitation of 4070, where PC costs less and performing way beyond that. 

Screenshot_20240510-105620.thumb.png.0310b0765ba6c777d01ad80944429dba.png

Portability is why youd get these.

I move around often enough that a laptop made far more sense.

And the performance is all about power and heat constraints.

It only being 40% behind the desktop is actually REALLY good. Back in the day a 770m would barely be a gtx 750. Now its usually better than the 60 desktop class