I need help with upgrading pc

image.thumb.jpg.f9bc3c9346f412b0c24f64bd5ebc2d4f.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.a322c9cf967c0466dc71a9e172fa1fb4.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.3da31a48e4801a80bd7c5fd9d4cd59af.jpgSo i am upgrading my pc its motherboard, cpu, cpu aio cooler, ram storage.

The new Motherboard is a msi mag b650.

The new CPU is a ryzen 7800x3d (my old cpu was an i5 8600K.

The new CPU AIO Cooler is a sharkoon S70 240mm.

The new RAM are 2x 16gb corsair vengance ddr5.

And last upgrade was new storage which is a samsung 980 Pro SSD.

I had some problems getting my CPU Cooler in the “right” way, the pump itself is upside down but i looked this up and i found that it shouldnt be a problem but it just doesnt look very right, when i was putting it on i had to make a push and twist motion but it wouldnt go in when i had it turned on its normal side (i will include a picture so it will be more clear).

And i am also not sure if i am missing something except for my case fans and my gpu, this is my first time upgrading motherboard and cpu and i feel like i am overthinking it but i got my mobo in with cpu and cooler (upside down) And i got the ram and storage in. I still need to connect my case fans and gpu connectors on the mobo but before i do that i want to make sure i dont miss anything because for some reason i feel like i do, any help or tips is greatly appreciated 🙂 .

if i need to attach a different picture from a different angle let me know.

24pin cable, check

CPU power cable, check

Block and tubes are not oriented the right way, it should work but will look better if upright 😛

Check the RAM sticks are fully in

You could power it up with a display to see if everything's good, with no fans, got an iGPU, don't even need a drive, should go to BIOS

System : AMD R9  7950X3D CPU/ Asus ROG STRIX X670E-E board/ 2x32GB G-Skill Trident Z Neo 6000CL30 RAM ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 cooler (with 2xArctic P12 Max fans) /  2TB WD SN850 NVme + 2TB Crucial T500  NVme  + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD / Corsair RM850x PSU

Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

3 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

24pin cable, check

CPU power cable, check

Block and tubes are not oriented the right way, it should work but will look better if upright 😛

Check the RAM sticks are fully in

You could power it up with a display to see if everything's good, with no fans, got an iGPU, don't even need a drive, should go to BIOS

Thankss im going to put my case fans in and see if it boots smoothly. Also this is an upgrade from a I5-8600K to Ryzen 7800X3D but i forgot to wipe my drives for a fresh instal of windows, can i still do this after i checked if my pc runs? Because my old storage drives (1 HDD and 1 SSD) still have data on them and the ssd also has my windows installation so if i am correct i should boot into my old windows like i know it except for my parts being upgraded and 2tb extra from my ssd?

6 minutes ago, Fox420 said:

Thankss im going to put my case fans in and see if it boots smoothly. Also this is an upgrade from a I5-8600K to Ryzen 7800X3D but i forgot to wipe my drives for a fresh instal of windows, can i still do this after i checked if my pc runs? Because my old storage drives (1 HDD and 1 SSD) still have data on them and the ssd also has my windows installation so if i am correct i should boot into my old windows like i know it except for my parts being upgraded and 2tb extra from my ssd?

I'd try to boot asap, install fans and cable manage later, the sooner you know it's working the better ! 🙂

Maybe tour old your boot drive will work, maybe not, mine didn't going from AM4 to AM5, so... Reinstalling Windows is recommended as you're going from Intel to AMD, you can use the new drive for the install and copy what's needed from the old (did that for my Steam library 🙂 )

System : AMD R9  7950X3D CPU/ Asus ROG STRIX X670E-E board/ 2x32GB G-Skill Trident Z Neo 6000CL30 RAM ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 cooler (with 2xArctic P12 Max fans) /  2TB WD SN850 NVme + 2TB Crucial T500  NVme  + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD / Corsair RM850x PSU

Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

8 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

I'd try to boot asap, install fans and cable manage later, the sooner you know it's working the better ! 🙂

Maybe tour old your boot drive will work, maybe not, mine didn't going from AM4 to AM5, so... Reinstalling Windows is recommended as you're going from Intel to AMD, you can use the new drive for the install and copy what's needed from the old (did that for my Steam library 🙂 )

Do you mean that i make my new ssd my boot drive or boot with a usb that has the media creation tool to instal windows? Because if my old drive is not compatible and needs to be reformatted first how can i get my pc working? Because windows will not boot i think. Im going to try now, i was just confused on another thing, where to plug my case fans in but cuz on my old motherboard it was sys_fan 2 and 3 and on my new motherboard its sys_fan 4 and 5 but i looked it up and it doesnt make a difference apparently.

8 minutes ago, Fox420 said:

Do you mean that i make my new ssd my boot drive or boot with a usb that has the media creation tool to instal windows? Because if my old drive is not compatible and needs to be reformatted first how can i get my pc working? Because windows will not boot i think. Im going to try now, i was just confused on another thing, where to plug my case fans in but cuz on my old motherboard it was sys_fan 2 and 3 and on my new motherboard its sys_fan 4 and 5 but i looked it up and it doesnt make a difference apparently.

Don't you have 2 SSDs ?

Try to boot on the "old boot" one, if it doesn't work boot with an USB stick and install windows on the other SSD, you can create a small (120GB) partition for that if you don't want to fully reformat it

About fan headers, yes label don't matter

11 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

Don't you have 2 SSDs ?

Try to boot on the "old boot" one, if it doesn't work boot with an USB stick and install windows on the other SSD, you can create a small (120GB) partition for that if you don't want to fully reformat it

About fan headers, yes label don't matter

Aaahh okayy and im going to try to boot now, i hope it works with my old SSD because i wana benchmark to see if everything is running smooth. Otherwise you mean to make a new partition on my old ssd if i am correct? Sorry because i am very overthinking in this because its my first time swapping the mobo and cpu😅

38 minutes ago, Fox420 said:

Aaahh okayy and im going to try to boot now, i hope it works with my old SSD because i wana benchmark to see if everything is running smooth. Otherwise you mean to make a new partition on my old ssd if i am correct? Sorry because i am very overthinking in this because its my first time swapping the mobo and cpu😅

That, or maybe the boot stick will allow you to reinstall while keeping files

14 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

That, or maybe the boot stick will allow you to reinstall while keeping files

My pc is running smooth and i loaded into my windows like i know it.

what things do i have to check now like drivers?

also is the pump fine if i leave it like this?😅

image.thumb.jpg.b46534c2ff1bbf84ce6a695a60cdbf67.jpg

1 hour ago, Fox420 said:

My pc is running smooth and i loaded into my windows like i know it.

what things do i have to check now like drivers?

also is the pump fine if i leave it like this?😅

image.thumb.jpg.b46534c2ff1bbf84ce6a695a60cdbf67.jpg

Cool ! Nice red rig 🙂

Yes you can keep the pump like this but the tubes over the screen aren't really nice to see...

What's your chunky GPU ? 3080 ?

As for windows reinstall chipset drivers, should be good

4 hours ago, PDifolco said:

Cool ! Nice red rig 🙂

Yes you can keep the pump like this but the tubes over the screen aren't really nice to see...

What's your chunky GPU ? 3080 ?

As for windows reinstall chipset drivers, should be good

thank you 🙂 

and yeah but the tubes are like super hard to get into another angle and i am kinda scared to break something like that so i just tought to leave it like that.

and that is a rtx3070 ti from suprimx my system runs very smooth but i am installing a usb drive to reinstall windows in a bit but now when i try to boot my pc my lights turn on and fans start turning but it takes like a minute before my screen turns on and me keyboard and mouse and on the motherboard there is a yellow6744D4E8-6154-4BA8-B9B5-84052AEE3C87.thumb.jpeg.c024074bae271a9a348a20054235d520.jpeg and red light i believe and they stay on, its the lights for the CPU and DRAM. will this fix when i reinstall windows or did i do something wrong somewhere?

Also this was after i changed the memory profile in bios to expo to get the max from my ram.

when i first turned on the pc it didnt do this, it booted smoothly into windows without the lights on(i think bcuz the lights were there when my pc booted super slow) so i dont think its damage and i can go to windows and do everything and it recognizes my cpu, gpu, ram(because i looked this up and i read somewhere it could be pin damage which i really really hope its not) .

also do you mean with chipset drivers the CPU and GPU drivers or another thing?