COVID-19 - READ THE RULES BEFORE REPLYING

WkdPaul
15 hours ago, Andreas Lilja said:

Best English source I could find. Pathetic.

https://www.vaughantoday.ca/goodwill-pirates-leave-quebec-government-2/

There are a lot of weird formatting and grammar errors in that article.

For one, it refers to Francois Legault as "Prime Minister" xD

I'm going to chalk a bunch of it up to poor translation.

On topic: Well... I'm not entirely surprised. A lot of security researchers get shit from the company or org they're researching.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

1 hour ago, dalekphalm said:

There are a lot of weird formatting and grammar errors in that article.

For one, it refers to Francois Legault as "Prime Minister" xD

I'm going to chalk a bunch of it up to poor translation.

Poor translation for sure, because while it should say "Premier", in French, that's literally his title ; Premier Ministre

FR wiki ;
https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Premier_ministre_du_Québec

Translation ;
https://translate.google.com/?sl=auto&tl=en&text=Premier ministre&op=translate

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

Just went to the restaurant under the vaccine mandate, valid from today. Pretty easy they scan your QR code, ask for ID to validate and phone number. Took like 1 min.

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

10 minutes ago, Andreas Lilja said:

Just went to the restaurant under the vaccine mandate, valid from today. Pretty easy they scan your QR code, ask for ID to validate and phone number. Took like 1 min.

Sweet. Doug Ford just announced Ontario's system - it kicks in on September 22nd.

I will get signing up for it immediately upon release.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Breaking News: Host of the JRE podcast Joe Rogan tested positive for Covid-19, used Ivermectin plus some others to treat his illness. [NPR]

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CTSsA8wAR2-/?utm_medium=copy_link

Rogan added that his treatments also included monoclonal antibodies, Z-pack antibiotics, and a vitamin drip for "three days in a row."

"Here we are on Wednesday, and I feel great," he said.

Then it’s not because of Ivermectin then. 

"But if you're like 21 years old, and you say to me, should I get vaccinated? I'll go no. Are you healthy? Are you a healthy person?"

"If you're a healthy person, and you're exercising all the time, and you're young, and you're eating well," Rogan continued, "like, I don't think you need to worry about this."

He later explained that he is not "an anti-vax person," and joked that he is not "a respected source of information, even for me."

People like Joe Rogan is one of the reasons why hospitals are overwhelmed with sick people, and crematoriums filled with corpses piling up because they died of Covid. 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

24 minutes ago, captain_to_fire said:

Breaking News: Host of the JRE podcast Joe Rogan tested positive for Covid-19, used Ivermectin plus some others to treat his illness.

monoclonal antibodies, Z-pack antibiotics, and a vitamin drip

People like Joe Rogan is one of the reasons why hospitals are overwhelmed with sick people, and crematoriums filled with corpses piling up because they died of Covid. 

dont get why he is that big, but man... those horse worms got to get the best of him if he ended up using anything but it and a... vaccine on the side too? 😛

anyways a hospital bill of 30k is good too

38 minutes ago, Quackers101 said:

dont get why he is that big, but man... those horse worms got to get the best of him if he ended up using anything but it and a... vaccine on the side too? 😛

anyways a hospital bill of 30k is good too

JR seems to forget that the vaccines are free, the monoclonal antibody treatment POTUS45 got is not and it’s expensive. 

6 hours ago, captain_to_fire said:

This dissonance is ubiquitous I've found. Even the measures our government had taken suffered from this leading to "we don't know, because we introduced too many factors simultaneously" situations (like introducing a curfew at the same time as closing shops,restaurants, bars etc. at or before that same time) before doing it again (letting almost all measures go at once currently).

(not blaming them harshly, I get this is a stressful situation to say the least)

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

11 hours ago, captain_to_fire said:

Breaking News: Host of the JRE podcast Joe Rogan tested positive for Covid-19, used Ivermectin plus some others to treat his illness. [NPR]

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CTSsA8wAR2-/?utm_medium=copy_link

The unfortunate thing is that he will no doubt be reinforced in his believe that he didn't need the vaccine.

That will only encourage his viewers to follow suit. He simply got lucky. It wasn't any of his treatments (aside from the antibody treatment maybe - but that's highly experimental) that made him recover faster.

10 hours ago, captain_to_fire said:

JR seems to forget that the vaccines are free, the monoclonal antibody treatment POTUS45 got is not and it’s expensive. 

You have to remember that Joe Rogan doesn't give a shit how expensive treatments are. He's rich. Hell, Spotify reportedly paid him $100 million to make JRE exclusive to their platform.

Joe can afford treatments that regular people cannot.

For regular people, getting the free Vaccine is by far the best course of action. It's even cheaper than Horse dewormer!

17 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

*snip*

Seems to be the norm with this crowd ; anecdotal/personal evidence > facts and science

Your personal immune system and the viral load you're exposed to have far more impact than "being young, fit, and healthy" (not saying it's the same as having a comorbidity, but "being young, fit, and healthy" ≠ immune/unable to spread it, but that's what that message seems to carry)

EDIT ; I mean, there was the super spreader even back in April of 2020 in Quebec, Canada that infected 500+ people, was linked to a few deaths and a lot of hospitalization ... that started in a gym!!

37 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

EDIT ; I mean, there was the super spreader even back in April of 2020 in Quebec, Canada that infected 500+ people, was linked to a few deaths and a lot of hospitalization ... that started in a gym!!

The same thing happened here in july lol. The government decided it was ok to open nightclubs again. Next you know it 201 out of 600 attendees of one venue tested positive, which were all tracked down to the the same single person. It happened to be a false negative test (one of the quick stab-in-the-nose ones), but over those weeks the national average R-value soared to a record high 2.9 😛  Needless to say nightclubs couldn't celebrate their reopening for long.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

Just for information purposes, here's the Quebec government dashboard information about COVID (it's in French, so sorry in advance) ;

Cases per 100K / last 28 days (evolution over 7 days)

Cases ;

• Non-vaccinated : 11.12 (+38%)
  • 1 shot : 7.25 (+48%)
  • 2 shots : 1.25 (+36%)

Hospitalizations

• Non-vaccinated : 0.31 (+63%)
  • 1 shot : 0.08 (+33%)
  • 2 shots : 0.04 (+33%)

Risks compared to someone that was fully vaccinated

• Non vaccinated - infection risks : 8.6 times (+5%)
  • 1 shot vaccinated - infection risks : 4.1 times (+8%)
  • Non vaccinated - hospitalization risks : 25.8 times (+34%)
  • 1 shot vaccinated - hospitalization risks : 4.2 times (+14%)

So basically, if you're not vaccinated, over here, if you catch COVID you're 26 times more likely to be hospitalized than someone that's fully vaccinated !

Graphic chart (again, in French) ;

30 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

So basically, if you're not vaccinated, over here, if you catch COVID you're 26 times more likely to be hospitalized than someone that's fully vaccinated!

This might even be more important than infection risk. The mortality risk once hospitalised seems to be quite high; between 10 and 20% (average of course, so probably somewhat skewed towards higher age groups, but still). I must be missing something, but a 26x lower risk of dying sounds pretty attractive to me.

On 9/2/2021 at 10:45 PM, dalekphalm said:

You have to remember that Joe Rogan doesn't give a shit how expensive treatments are. He's rich. Hell, Spotify reportedly paid him $100 million to make JRE exclusive to their platform.

Joe can afford treatments that regular people cannot.

For regular people, getting the free Vaccine is by far the best course of action. It's even cheaper than Horse dewormer!

It's not about what he can afford because he can, it's what his erroneous message to his listeners that mattered the most. People might think that it is okay to do the same when it's an anecdotal evidence.

Nonetheless, creamy nougat with pubes + ivermectin, vitamin drip, and NAD seems to cure it :old-grin:

Wait didn't Rogan say that you only need a healthy immune system? 

Meanwhile emergency rooms seem to be filling up with people overdosing on Ivermectin... https://www.cnet.com/news/ivermectin-and-covid-19-ers-reportedly-filling-with-people-overdosing-on-unproven-drug/

People have gone crazy. It doesn't sound so strange anymore that in times of crisis we'd need guarded medicine supply stores or something as people seem to just go "hey this looks like medicine, it probably works" on anything they can find.

12 hours ago, tikker said:

Meanwhile emergency rooms seem to be filling up with people overdosing on Ivermectin... https://www.cnet.com/news/ivermectin-and-covid-19-ers-reportedly-filling-with-people-overdosing-on-unproven-drug/

People have gone crazy. It doesn't sound so strange anymore that in times of crisis we'd need guarded medicine supply stores or something as people seem to just go "hey this looks like medicine, it probably works" on anything they can find.

Side effects are rare but it clearly doesn't work in the slightest.

So O'Toole just announced his support for a vaccine passport, leaving only the People's Party against.

https://globalnews.ca/news/8167813/otoole-promises-national-proof-of-vaccine-system/

"In a healthy, well functioning society, there are things that transcend personal freedom."

Whenever I see, hear, or read comments about "my body, my choice" when talking about vaccines, I think that is only applicable if such decision doesn't affect other people in a negative manner.

11 hours ago, Andreas Lilja said:

Side effects are rare but it clearly doesn't work in the slightest.

Side effects at human therapeutic doses are rare (but still higher and more severe than most vaccines). There's a few studies that suggest efficacy in humans for treating Covid but they're generally very poor quality- miles away from good enough to justify its use. 

[ P R O J E C T _ M E L L I F E R A ]

[ 5900X @4.7GHz PBO2 | X570S Aorus Pro | 32GB GSkill Trident Z 3600MHz CL16 | EK-Quantum Reflection ]
[ ASUS RTX4080 TUF OC @3000MHz | O11D-XL | HardwareLabs GTS and GTX 360mm | XSPC D5 SATA ]

[ TechN / Phanteks G40 Blocks | Corsair AX750 | ROG Swift PG279Q | Q-Acoustics 2010i | Sabaj A4 ]

P R O J E C T | S A N D W A S P

6900K | RTX2080 | 32GB DDR4-3000 | Custom Loop 

Mu variant already detected within my neighboring county to the north. Seems like we’re just going in circles. When will it transition from a pandemic to a seasonal illness if the death rate is as low as it is (at least in the US)? 🙄

What might a cat call a variant of the Covid-19 coronavirus that has already led to at least 167 infections in Los Angeles County?

How about the Mu variant?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucelee/2021/09/05/new-mu-variant-of-covid-19-coronavirus-los-angeles-county-reports-167-cases/

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Alpha Microphone: Razer Seiren X

2 hours ago, PhantomJaguar77 said:

Mu variant already detected within my neighboring county to the north. Seems like we’re just going in circles. When will it transition from a pandemic to a seasonal illness if the death rate is as low as it is (at least in the US)? 🙄

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucelee/2021/09/05/new-mu-variant-of-covid-19-coronavirus-los-angeles-county-reports-167-cases/

I'd wait for further studies if the μ variant can evade antibodies from the vaccine. If yes, then biannual Covid shots might be a regular thing as they update the vaccine corresponding to the new genetic mutation kinda like how an antivirus program downloads signatures.

So far, the δ variant simply needs an extra dose to maintain protection. All vaccines right now is still using genetic info from the OG strain and so far still works against δ. Those people who got their shots early around Dec 2020-March 2021 are the ones who need the third shot.

As someone who got the JNJ shot, I hope the FDA and CDC approves the 2nd dose.

For those who aren't vaccinated in the US, you might need to reconsider.

More info:

https://apnews.com/article/joe-biden-business-health-coronavirus-pandemic-executive-branch-18fb12993f05be13bf760946a6fb89be

Before I get hit with the "vaccine mandates are not legal" argument, they are.

https://www.politico.com/amp/news/magazine/2021/09/08/vaccine-mandate-strong-supreme-court-precedent-510280

Here vaccines aren't being made mandatory but starting next week you'll have to have your covid cert (either vaccine or recent negative test) for all gathering places including restaurants, and tests which are currently free will start being your cost to bear 2 weeks later, so hopefully it'll start driving vaccinations up again since they've been stagnating for quite a while.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2