COVID-19 - READ THE RULES BEFORE REPLYING

WkdPaul
3 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

Personally I would advise against mixing the vaccines, if only for supply reasons. If you're taking one vaccine now with the intention of taking another one later, you're depriving someone else of one of those vaccines.

Not if you do it right. You give the most higher risk the better vaccines. The one that is less effective can be given to the ones least a risk. If those who got the less effective vaccine want the better one when enough of the high risk people have gotten theirs then they can get one. 

At the end of the day the ones who are truly in danger because of occupation or health issues should be the first on the list. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

As long that you guys get the vaccine.

Saw a poll that said that only 59% of Canadians are in, a decrease of ~10%

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

This seems useless to me, air particles just would enter underneath, u need an enclosure

Anyone has the electronic masks by LG, Xiaomi etc? I just can't stand being stuck without a fresh supply of air, ffp2 masks in summer are horrible, can't breathe.

12 hours ago, piratemonkey said:

^some vaccine stuff

I haven't seen anything about taking two different vaccines. Is there any information on it yet? Only reason why I'm wondering is that the single shot Johnson & Johnson could be used for quick protection (it's not as effective), with the Moderna or Pfizer for the long term

You're misinterpreting vaccine effectiveness. It will still protect you against severe covid infection. Vaccine effectiveness is across a population, i.e. will only be effective in producing antibodies to COVID in xx% of the population. 

On 2/11/2021 at 12:04 PM, Benji said:

You better get rid off this self-fulfilling prophecy mindset.

But it is probably for the better to give yourself more time to "recover" (should anything actually happen) before going back to wor.

I ended up working today. I was a bit tired, but the only real 'side effect' I had was a very sore ass. The muscles in my butt felt like they got bruised or otherwise abused, and my upper leg muscles were also quite sore.

I'm now off work for the next 2 weeks, though I will be driving 20 hours to help some friends move in the next few days. I also have some car repairs and maintenance to do.

"Don't fall down the hole!" ~James, 2022

"If you have a monitor, look at that monitor with your eyeballs." ~ Jake, 2022

34 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

You're misinterpreting vaccine effectiveness. It will still protect you against severe covid infection. Vaccine effectiveness is across a population, i.e. will only be effective in producing antibodies to COVID in xx% of the population. 

Ooooh that makes sense. A lot of sense actually lol. I agree with @Donut417then. The most vulnerable (front line workers and those at a higher risk of severe infection) should get a Pfizer or moderna, and the rest of the pop can get a j&j or any other single shot, lower effective vaccine. We obviously want all the at risk ones to be protected, and those that aren't at risk of severe infection should be fine if the vaccine doesn't produce the intended protection. That's my rationale for choosing who gets what at least

Either @piratemonkey or quote me when responding to me. I won't see otherwise

Put a reaction on my post if I helped

My privacy guide | Why my name is piratemonkey PSU Tier List Motherboard VRM Tier List

What I say is from experience and the internet, and may not be 100% correct

17 hours ago, Donut417 said:

Not if you do it right. You give the most higher risk the better vaccines. The one that is less effective can be given to the ones least a risk. If those who got the less effective vaccine want the better one when enough of the high risk people have gotten theirs then they can get one. 

I have no problem with people who are low on the list getting another vaccine that's more effective way down the line. But I'm talking months if not a year from now, when the vaccines are both readily available, and everyone in the population who wants one, has access to a vaccine.

However, I think it's morally wrong for someone who has already gotten one of the vaccines to get another one while they're still experiencing vaccine shortages.

Frankly though, there's not much point in getting another vaccine. Some may do it for comfort reasons, but unless we're talking about one of the new strains, all of the approved vaccines are all fairly effective.

17 hours ago, Donut417 said:

At the end of the day the ones who are truly in danger because of occupation or health issues should be the first on the list. 

Of course, and that's what's happening right now. Healthcare workers and other essentials, plus those at extreme health risk, are top of the list for getting vaccines.

But, doctors are advising you that (particularly if you're at risk) if you can get any vaccine now, get it, and don't worry too much about the specific effectiveness of it compared to the others.

In a year, when all the different vaccines are readily available, if you still haven't gotten yours, feel free to choose the best one. Also if you got the "least effective" one, feel free to get the better one. But for the latter scenario, it's unlikely to make any difference, and will mainly just be for the comfort of the person.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

9 hours ago, piratemonkey said:

Ooooh that makes sense. A lot of sense actually lol. I agree with @Donut417then. The most vulnerable (front line workers and those at a higher risk of severe infection) should get a Pfizer or moderna, and the rest of the pop can get a j&j or any other single shot, lower effective vaccine. We obviously want all the at risk ones to be protected, and those that aren't at risk of severe infection should be fine if the vaccine doesn't produce the intended protection. That's my rationale for choosing who gets what at least

I'd probably choose the vaccine that is easiest to distribute. Vaccine uptake is often much harder than developing a vaccine. Look at the stats of people who say they simply won't get a COVID vaccine. Its just ignorance, but thats the largest hurdle for any public health system. 

15 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

Look at the stats of people who say they simply won't get a COVID vaccine. Its just ignorance,

There are some legit reason's not to be vaccinated. The simplest one is that any drug or vaccine contains multiple components. Some people are allergic to one or more of these components. Which is why they say if you have had an adverse reaction to other vaccinations you need to hold off on getting this one. 

The other side of it is the side effects. My doctor said she got a mild fever from who vaccination. Reading some of the comments on Facebook of people who have gotten both doses, it seems the side effects can be very mild to you being hospitalized. So there are some concerns there. Me myself, when Im able to get the vaccine Ill probably try to do it on a Wednesday, then take Thursday and Friday off plus the weekend to recover from any side effects. 

3 hours ago, Donut417 said:

There are some legit reason's not to be vaccinated. The simplest one is that any drug or vaccine contains multiple components. Some people are allergic to one or more of these components. Which is why they say if you have had an adverse reaction to other vaccinations you need to hold off on getting this one. 

The other side of it is the side effects. My doctor said she got a mild fever from who vaccination. Reading some of the comments on Facebook of people who have gotten both doses, it seems the side effects can be very mild to you being hospitalized. So there are some concerns there. Me myself, when Im able to get the vaccine Ill probably try to do it on a Wednesday, then take Thursday and Friday off plus the weekend to recover from any side effects. 

Any vaccine has those side effects. It's perfectly normal to develop flu-like symptoms after a vaccination. In order for a vaccine to be effective, it must stimulate an immune response to the epitope used in the vaccine (immunogenicity). People who are hospitalised after a vaccination usually are not suitable candidates for a vaccine, such as immunocompromised individuals. 

Unless you are co-morbid, I would not worry at all, its normal to get these side effects, they should pass within 3-4 days. If severe, up to 3 weeks. 

Doctors should understand a patients medical history, and specific vaccine guidelines to give vaccines appropriately. The most common allergic reaction in a vaccine is to egg protein sometimes used as an adjuvant (ovalbumin). Covid vaccines are not manufactured using egg proteins. 

1 minute ago, RorzNZ said:

Doctors should understand a patients medical history,

The issue here is your primary heath provider is not providing the Covid Vaccine. They have specific places you can get it (at least in the US) , and those people most likely wont have access to your medical history. Thats why they make you sit and wait for 30 min after to ensure your at least not going to die of an allergic reaction. 

3 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

Any vaccine has those side effects. It's perfectly normal to develop flu-like symptoms after a vaccination.

I have never had any reaction from any vaccine I have ever gotten. Except a sore arm. 

19 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

The issue here is your primary heath provider is not providing the Covid Vaccine. They have specific places you can get it (at least in the US) , and those people most likely wont have access to your medical history. Thats why they make you sit and wait for 30 min after to ensure your at least not going to die of an allergic reaction. 

He can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think he was implying that a person should speak to their primary care provider about getting a vaccine before they actually go and arrange an appointment.

Granted, that only works if you have a primary care provider. Many people (myself included) do not. I go to one of the local walk-in clinics if I need care, because there is a massive shortage of doctors in my region.

19 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

I have never had any reaction from any vaccine I have ever gotten. Except a sore arm. 

Same here - never even had a fever or anything. Just a sore arm, maybe feel a bit "slow" the next day but that's it.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

18 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Unless you have a history of anaphylaxis after a vaccine (You don't need medical history to know that), its still fine. They have precautions in place regardless - actually dying from an allergic reaction in a controlled environment is very rare. 

18 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Yes you have. You just didn't notice, muscle soreness is a flu-like symptom. Keep in mind much of this happens on a microscopic level in your body - regardless the vaccine must stimulate an immune response to work. 

Sore muscles and tiredness for like a day, the horror lol.

i got invited to a novavax trial but i dont have a drivers license or state id so i cant participate 😕

31 minutes ago, Andreas Lilja said:

from the article ;

He and his followers are adamant governments around the world are using efforts to control the spread of Covid-19 as a guise to gain control of citizens.

... people still don't get it I guess. I'll take annoyance over dead relatives. Seems the curfew is somewhat working here since the numbers are down since the implementation (here they say it's to stop people visiting each other in the evening as they think that's how part of the spread is done).

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

2 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

. people still don't get it I guess

Its because they dont learn history any more. I mean they had to stop teaching WWII history because it was "Too traumatizing" for todays kids. Good it should be fucking traumatizing it was a horrific war, millions died. Maybe if people learned about Influenza 1918 they would be a bit more open minded about why they are trying to stop the spread. 

On the other side of it. The government has done a piss poor job of handling the situation. Its been a mixed bag of ignoring the problem to lock all the shit down without a plan. I feel that as we learned more about the virus over time, they could have came up with new safety standards to get more people back to work. Instead they keep giving them money to stay home and these people are not going to want to go back to work when this is all done. 

The other problem, especially here in the US is that we all about us. All that matters is me and fuck everyone else.  No one is willing to make a sacrifice for the good of the nation. Like so many did back in the 1940's when the war was going on. 

On 2/16/2021 at 12:05 PM, wkdpaul said:

from the article ;

... people still don't get it I guess. I'll take annoyance over dead relatives. Seems the curfew is somewhat working here since the numbers are down since the implementation (here they say it's to stop people visiting each other in the evening as they think that's how part of the spread is done).

Correlation doesn't necessarily imply causation. I've barely seen other places set up similar measures. It's our first since 1970.

Not being able to shop and the relative anxiety of being handed a ticket because of a zealous cop.

But the worse is what for? Does meeting someone daily at 3 PM different than 8?

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/legault-march-break-quebec-rules-covid-19-1.5915994

Regular theatres remain closed and that's pissed the arts demographic.

Also cinemas can't serve popcorn.

10 hours ago, Andreas Lilja said:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/legault-march-break-quebec-rules-covid-19-1.5915994

Regular theatres remain closed and that's pissed the arts demographic.

Also cinemas can't serve popcorn.

I seriously miss theatre popcorn.

On a side note, I'll likely buy some more shares of CGX (Cineplex), since they're pretty rock bottom right now, but once things open back up, I see a resurgence of movie theatre goers who just want to get out of the house and stuff their face with popcorn.

Thought I’d heard everything.

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Revolver Microphone: Razer Seiren X

11 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

I seriously miss theatre popcorn.

Im more of a nacho guy. Maybe some Bosco Sticks. 

11 hours ago, PhantomJaguar77 said:

Thought I’d heard everything.

Why is it always Florida?

11 hours ago, Donut417 said:

Im more of a nacho guy. Maybe some Bosco Sticks. 

Bosco Sticks...? I've never heard of those.