COVID-19 - READ THE RULES BEFORE REPLYING

WkdPaul

Italy: the government implement some restrictions (basically a curfew, for a month or so, to try limiting contacts)

Idiots: go to manifest inspired by some populist words of some bot on Facebook or other social networks

27 minutes ago, Lii said:

Italy: the government implement some restrictions (basically a curfew, for a month or so, to try limiting contacts)

Idiots: go to manifest inspired by some populist words of some bot on Facebook or other social networks

Unfortunately those aren't bots. There is a group of braindead people that think that way.

MOTHERBOARD: ASRock H97 Pro4 CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 @3.30 Ghz Intel Xeon E3-1271v3 @4.00 Ghz RAM: 32Gb (4x8Gb) Kingstone HyperX Fury DDR3@1600 Mhz (9-9-9-27)

GPU: MSI 390 8Gb Gaming Edition PSU: XFX TS 650w Bronze Enermax Revolution D.F. 650w 80+ Gold MOUSE: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum KEYBOARD: Monokey Standard Suave Blue

STORAGE: SSD Samsung EVO 850 250Gb // HDD WD Green 1Tb // HDD WD Blue 4Tb // HDD WD Blue 160Gb CASE: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed OS: Windows 11 Pro x64 Bit

MONITORS: Samsung CFG7 C24FG7xFQ @144hz // Samsung SyncMaster TA350 LT23A350 @60hz Samsung Odyssey G7 COOLER: Noctua NH-D15

38 minutes ago, Parideboy said:

Unfortunately those aren't bots. There is a group of braindead people that think that way.

Yeah there are also tons of braindeads

But for what I've seen there are also many bots accounts

I guess that they are there only to exploit the situation (as always..)

37 minutes ago, Parideboy said:

'Braindead' in what way? 

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

34 minutes ago, 3 Lions said:

'Braindead' in what way? 

They think that those restrictions some political move of sorts, aimed to reduce our freedom. Things like that.

Entrepreneurs that own clubs, bars, pubs are blaming the government for this situation.

They don't understand this is one of many ways to try to reduce the spread of the virus...

MOTHERBOARD: ASRock H97 Pro4 CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 @3.30 Ghz Intel Xeon E3-1271v3 @4.00 Ghz RAM: 32Gb (4x8Gb) Kingstone HyperX Fury DDR3@1600 Mhz (9-9-9-27)

GPU: MSI 390 8Gb Gaming Edition PSU: XFX TS 650w Bronze Enermax Revolution D.F. 650w 80+ Gold MOUSE: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum KEYBOARD: Monokey Standard Suave Blue

STORAGE: SSD Samsung EVO 850 250Gb // HDD WD Green 1Tb // HDD WD Blue 4Tb // HDD WD Blue 160Gb CASE: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed OS: Windows 11 Pro x64 Bit

MONITORS: Samsung CFG7 C24FG7xFQ @144hz // Samsung SyncMaster TA350 LT23A350 @60hz Samsung Odyssey G7 COOLER: Noctua NH-D15

Just now, Benji said:

Given the fact that their existence is massively threatened by it, they don't want to understand that as it opens the possibility for them to be homeless. And that is the issue. The whole economy is going to shit with these constant lockdowns and there needs to be a way with which it stays open safely.

Yup, our province went back into lock down a month ago, and lots of business owners are freaking out, restaurants are still technically somewhat safe since they can do takeouts and deliveries, but hotels, gyms, museums, etc... are completely closed and most are now 6 months away from bankruptcy. No business can stay closed for almost a year and still be expected to be profitable (most corporate rents were not suspended or subsidized like apartments or houses).

Most of the corporate financial help from our government was through no-interest loans, and apparently, some of these couldn't be used to pay rent or insurance (sorry, I don't have a source, this was from a radio interview I heard this morning).

The next few years aren't going to be fun (/s in case it wasn't obvious), all government are spending more than they had, business and spending from the population have slowed to a crawl, so lots of spending, not much income (taxes).

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

48 minutes ago, Benji said:

Given the fact that their existence is massively threatened by it, they don't need to understand that as it opens the possibility for them to become homeless. Everybody understands it, so "not understanding" is not the problem. And that is the issue. The whole economy is going to shit with these constant lockdowns and there needs to be a way with which it stays open safely.

I agree. the problem is finding that middle ground. In Italy, businesses were given the chance to stay open by respecting basic social distancing guidelines and they didn't. On the contrary, many businesses were finding loopholes to stay open even when they couldn't, in most cases without respecting social distancing or masks policies.

Lockdowns are the last resort to stop the virus from spreading, and I agree, they should not be the norm. They're not good, but in some instances, it's a necessary evil. Even businesses that followed the rules to the letter get hit and unfortunately, there's no way around it.

Governments don't want the economy going to shreds as much as we do. Those measures were taken because there was no other way.
BTW, some other arguably bad decisions were made, I don't agree with everything that the government has done, but that's another story.

Again, I'm referring to my local situation, around the world things are probably going differently.

PS: the curfew is restricted to night hours mostly, based on region cases. This was done to limit nightlife, which in our case has been proven to be the cause of the rise of positives. You can go out if you have a valid reason (work, emergencies, etc).

How can you be protected in a restaurant/bar when the patrons dont have to wear a mask.

I have not been on a bus let alone a train since March 15, for the simple reason of confined space and people to close.

Just now, Orange1 said:

How can you be protected in a restaurant/bar when the patrons dont have to wear a mask.

I have not been on a bus let alone a train since March 15, for the simple reason of confined space and people to close.

If the restaurant is doing things properly, you're seated far enough away from the next closest table to be outside of the 6ft range of water droplets (there's still a small risk due to small amounts of droplets being aerosolized though).

So the patron puts their mask on as they enter the establishment, and leaves it on until they're seated. If they're polite, they will put the mask on to speak to the wait staff as well.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

6 feet is not far enough IMHO

I have seen on the news some bars have a plexi glass divider on the bar itself, again not enough for my liking. That is why I am not going to those places. They need to stay in business and the economy needs to keep moving but I will find other measures and have changed my daily routine. The most I've done is go to Mr Sub because there is no sit down, just take out which is great.

My governor released semi-strict rules for the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday that a lot aren't happy with. Yeah, but for the most part CA is avoiding the surge of Covid cases around the U.S. I wonder why. 🙄

Many people in California have voiced their opinions on Governor Newsom’s Thanksgiving gathering guidelines, with many saying the state has gone too far

The state is telling people to gather with no more than three households present and that Thanksgiving dinner must be held outside.

“The recommendations are right on the money for what we are looking for, for infection control,” said Erin Bromage, a professor of immunology and infectious diseases at the University of Massachusetts. Bromage said outdoor gatherings are 20 to 30 times safer than indoor.

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2020/10/26/california-thanksgiving-gathering-guidelines/

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Alpha Microphone: Razer Seiren X

1 hour ago, Orange1 said:

6 feet is not far enough IMHO

It depends on a lot of variables.

In studies, it was shown that for a normal person, speaking at a normal volume, or exhaling normally, most water droplets would hit the ground within 6 feet.

However, laughing, singing, shouting/yelling, and coughing all caused droplets to travel much farther.

Deep breathing (as is typical for exercise) would often cause aerosolized water droplets that would hang in the air for potentially a few hours.

I've been to a few restaurants since COVID started, and usually we've been seated well away from anyone else. Honestly, malls are the worst right now. We went into a candle store (Bath and Body Works) and even though the number of customers were within health guidelines, there were all these bottlenecks that made social distancing literally impossible. Plus some people were taking their masks off to smell the scented candles, which means that if they are infected, they just contaminated that candle plus everything around them.

We left fairly quickly, as I wasn't very trusting of the situation.

1 hour ago, Orange1 said:

I have seen on the news some bars have a plexi glass divider on the bar itself, again not enough for my liking. That is why I am not going to those places. They need to stay in business and the economy needs to keep moving but I will find other measures and have changed my daily routine. The most I've done is go to Mr Sub because there is no sit down, just take out which is great.

Depending on the size of the barrier, it can be an effective measure.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

1 hour ago, dalekphalm said:

speaking at a normal volume

I dont really care about normal volume, its amount of time, its distance away, its a sneeze, its a say it dont spray it, its even a cough. Many factors, best not to do frivelous things like go to a bar or restaurant every day. Don't eat out all the time. Minimize the factors its really that simple, younger people its a different story for them.

The bar plexi aint anything special, all I've seen is maybe 3' above bar. Its not like establishments are willing to spend 8x that cost for a 12' plexi glass from floor. I did see some clear bubble tents for patio's on the news the other day, thats an interesting concept, not so good with the wait staff delivering food and drink. Using the zipper on every interaction, breathing in the contained air of a 8'x8'x8' room, again space is the key, and air flow. Makes me wonder how they will heat those tents for higher capacities in the winter time.             

9 hours ago, Benji said:

The whole economy is going to shit with these constant lockdowns and there needs to be a way with which it stays open safely.

Oh people in you're part of the world are following the lock downs? My employer declared themselves essential, we were only off 2 days during the Michigan lockdown before we were called back to work. There we shit loads of people at the stores during this whole thing. No one cared. But thats partly why we have so many people who have died in the US, because No one cared. 

Now that the Michigan Supreme court decided to over turn our governors orders. Companies can now open. But the state keeps extending Unemployment Insurance benefits. Now no one wants to go back to work. We have so many jobs that are open currently its mind boggling. I think they just extended unemployment another 26 weeks. What are these people going to do when they are told they have to go back? 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

1 hour ago, Donut417 said:

What are these people going to do when they are told they have to go back? 

Only after their free money runs out will they be willing to work.

1 minute ago, Orange1 said:

Only after their free money runs out will they be willing to work.

The governor keeps extending the benefits. Its hard to say when the money will run out. What pisses me off is that all of us "essential workers" got jack shit. For a few months those on unemployment were getting about $600 extra on top of what the benefits were. So essential some people cleaned up, as they were making more than they would if they worked. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

Yup, why risk getting the virus when you can just stay safe at home and collect pogey. Then you wouldn't have to worry about spending money on day care and a baby sitter, spending hours in traffic, more time with family and staying safe. Employers cleaned up to with PPP, paycheck protection monies. Might as well do what you can and see what they get away with.

Tangent -

I'm a gun toting hot blooded American - 

I'm also staying home, social distancing, wearing a mask, and doing my part to stop the spread.

Not sure why a lot of people think a mask is some kind of emasculating behavior.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

9 hours ago, Mister Woof said:

Tangent -

I'm a gun toting hot blooded American - 

I'm also staying home, social distancing, wearing a mask, and doing my part to stop the spread.

Not sure why a lot of people think a mask is some kind of emasculating behavior.

"ITs MinD COnTroL"

Seriously, I have a coworker that swears masks don't work.  She would keep pushing all that "plandemic" and "hoax" and "masks equal sharia law" until she saw an HR complaint was very possible when I politely told her, "Please shut the fuck up.  I just lost two people very close to me within a week of each other due to this pandemic."

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

2 hours ago, kaiju_wars said:

"ITs MinD COnTroL"

Seriously, I have a coworker that swears masks don't work.  She would keep pushing all that "plandemic" and "hoax" and "masks equal sharia law" until she saw an HR complaint was very possible when I politely told her, "Please shut the fuck up.  I just lost two people very close to me within a week of each other due to this pandemic."

It's funny because it would seem the primary issue is this idea of "freedom and liberty."

Liberty entails the responsible use of freedom under the rule of law without depriving anyone else of their freedom.

Their basic philosophy itself runs contrary to their behavior. Them refusing to wear masks in private businesses is infringing on the business' right to require masks on their property. Them refusing to wear a mask in public deprives others' freedom to not be injured by others.

Nobody's taking away anything from anyone here. It's just asking people to give a shit about their neighbors.

I'm very sorry for your loss. I hope we get this under control and people start caring about their communities.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

44 minutes ago, Mister Woof said:

It's funny because it would seem the primary issue is this idea of "freedom and liberty."

Liberty entails the responsible use of freedom under the rule of law without depriving anyone else of their freedom.

Their basic philosophy itself runs contrary to their behavior. Them refusing to wear masks in private businesses is infringing on the business' right to require masks on their property. Them refusing to wear a mask in public deprives others' freedom to not be injured by others.

Nobody's taking away anything from anyone here. It's just asking people to give a shit about their neighbors.

I'm very sorry for your loss. I hope we get this under control and people start caring about their communities.

Honestly, wearing masks should be seen as a patriotic duty, and without delving too deep into politics, is a position I'm glad Biden took up.  Because it is.  You're only helping your country and fellow countrymen by wearing your mask.  Which is what patriotism should be about.  Like JFK said, "Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country."

It's also extremely hypocritical of them and how they act. Businesses can't want people to wear masks, but they definitely can refuse to make normal people a cake.  

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

3 hours ago, Mister Woof said:

Not to sure about that, I'd say its more to do with Ego and you can't tell me what to do. Plus there are more and more people, a staggering amount of people actually that believe in conspiracy theories, its just the way it is today with the digital age. Some people of society just cant think indepentedly or have critical thinking, you can thank the digital age for that, internet, games, news, fake news, facebook is a big problem to but the list goes on.

Lol this guy

Translation: a little girl that cries to want to go to school? Her mother gives to her plutonium milk

IMG_20201030_210602.jpg

3 hours ago, Orange1 said:

Some people of society just cant think

That statement is so true.

4 hours ago, Lii said:

Lol this guy

Translation: a little girl that cries to want to go to school? Her mother gives to her plutonium milk

I love him