White MATX motherboards for ryzen 7 7800X3d

1 minute ago, JakubR88 said:

Out of those two which ones would you go for? I know the asrock has 3 m.2 nvme ports while the MSI only has 2.

Up to you, there is no performance difference so choose based on features and I/O layout. If I had to pick it would be Asrock only because I've got a lot of Asrock AM5 experience and find it fantastic. 

Just now, GuiltySpark_ said:

Up to you, there is no performance difference so choose based on features and I/O layout. If I had to pick it would be Asrock only because I've got a lot of Asrock AM5 experience and find it fantastic. 

ah nice nice. I was thinking of getting the non wifi version for £30 less and just getting a cheap m.2 wifi card 

2 minutes ago, JakubR88 said:

Out of those two which ones would you go for? I know the asrock has 3 m.2 nvme ports while the MSI only has 2.

depends but id pick the msi since it has better i/o (more high speed usb ports)

1 minute ago, JakubR88 said:

ah nice nice. I was thinking of getting the non wifi version for £30 less and just getting a cheap m.2 wifi card 

You're going to spend £30 to get a comparable wifi card, this never makes sense. Then you might interfere with your GPU depending on how thick it is, and to get BT working you need to use up the USB2 header on the board which you might want for something else. If you need Wifi, get the Wifi version.

2 minutes ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

You're going to spend £30 to get a comparable wifi card, this never makes sense. Then you might interfere with your GPU depending on how thick it is, and to get BT working you need to use up the USB2 header on the board which you might want for something else. If you need Wifi, get the Wifi version.

oh right fair enough

AM5 MSI boards used to often have ridiculously long boot times. Might want to google if they have fixed it or not.

1 minute ago, Jeppes said:

AM5 MSI boards used to often have ridiculously long boot times. Might want to google if they have fixed it or not.

This is not an issue linked to a brand, but down to a specific board and how its configured. Looking up "MSI board boot times" will not give you relevant information, just anecdotes of individuals experiences. I've seen reports of boot time issues from all the major brands boards.

26 minutes ago, Jeppes said:

Pretty much anything with DDR5 these days has absurdly long boot times, its not unusual or specific to brand or socket or whatever.

1 hour ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

This is not an issue linked to a brand, but down to a specific board and how its configured. Looking up "MSI board boot times" will not give you relevant information, just anecdotes of individuals experiences. I've seen reports of boot time issues from all the major brands boards.

At least a year ago it very much looked like an issue with certain brand. But things change.