Win 11 has One Drive in Documents Path

Johnny Fehr

Hey! 

I just set up my new PC and went with Windows 11. I noticed that it has "One Drive" in the file path for Documents. That whole One Drive thing on Win11 is anyway let's say questionable. 
I saw that all my applications that also written to the Documents folder have been written into that one. 
C:\Users\johnn\OneDrive\Dokumente\Adobe\After Effects 2024

However, there is also a regular Documents folder without that "OneDrive" in it. 
C:\Users\johnn\Documents

Does anyone have an idea how I can get rid of that stupid OneDrive documents folder and if I can copy the stuff from that folder over into the right one. I uninstalled OneDrive already as I don't use it at all. 

image.png.7bd15bf4b9a1a9690a9abfe0a11c1ccb.pngimage.thumb.png.e77e52ca27585f10f13c3fd763874f38.png

38 minutes ago, Johnny Fehr said:

Hey! 

I just set up my new PC and went with Windows 11. I noticed that it has "One Drive" in the file path for Documents. That whole One Drive thing on Win11 is anyway let's say questionable. 
I saw that all my applications that also written to the Documents folder have been written into that one. 
C:\Users\johnn\OneDrive\Dokumente\Adobe\After Effects 2024

However, there is also a regular Documents folder without that "OneDrive" in it. 
C:\Users\johnn\Documents

Does anyone have an idea how I can get rid of that stupid OneDrive documents folder and if I can copy the stuff from that folder over into the right one. I uninstalled OneDrive already as I don't use it at all. 

When you sign into Onedrive, it effectively replaces the normal paths for stuff like documents, photos, music, etc. The same thing happens on Windows 10 too, if you sign into Windows with a Microsoft account and enable Onedrive.

If you copy+paste them into the right directory and change the pathing in Adobe, you should be able to work around that.

Ryzen 7950x3D Direct Die NH-D15

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

Builder/Enthusiast/Overclocker since 2012  //  Professional IT since 2017

8 minutes ago, Agall said:

When you sign into Onedrive, it effectively replaces the normal paths for stuff like documents, photos, music, etc. The same thing happens on Windows 10 too, if you sign into Windows with a Microsoft account and enable Onedrive.

If you copy+paste them into the right directory and change the pathing in Adobe, you should be able to work around that.

okay need to check how i can redirect all my applications afterward. do you know if I can get rid completely of this stupid onedrive documents folder on my PC? 

Ok changing it in the registry did it! 

it is that way becayse as far windows is concerned, your documents are in onedrive. if you want to turn that off, you open onedrive, and change what folders it syncs in settings. once you turn that off it changes your documents path to the one without onedrive, and it moves everything that was in the onedrive documents to the non-onedrive documents.