LTT Folding Team's Emergency Response to Covid-19

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

This event has ended and I recommend you guys head over to the Folding Community Board for any general folding conversation. 

2020-03-13 (3).png

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 3.8 GHz 6-Core Processor Motherboard: N7-B55XT-W1: [US-3DTC1-N] N7 B550 Motherboard - AMD B550 Chipset with Wi-Fi and White Cover  RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB Gaming OC 3X Video Card Case: Corsair Carbide Series 275R ATX Mid Tower White with Tempered glass  Storage: WD_BLACK 2TB SN770 NVMe Internal Gaming SSD Solid State Drive - Gen4 PCIe, M.2 2280, Up to 5,150 MB/s   PSU: CORSAIR RM Series (2021), White, RM850, 850 Watt, 80 Plus Gold Certified, Fully Modular Power Supply Display(s): 1xMSI Optix MAG272CRX 27.0" 1920x1080 240 Hz Monitor 2x ASUS VZ239H-W 23" Full HD 1080p IPS HDMI VGA Eye Care Monitor Cooling: Corsair H100i RGB PLATINUM SE 63 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 SE Mouse: Razer Lancehead Tournament Edition: 5G Optical Sensor 16,000 DPI Sound: Audio-Technia ATH-M20x Professional studio monitor Headphones, black.  Operating System: Linux Pop!_OS with KDE Plasma desktop environment Mic: Elgato Wave:3

linktr.ee/Elektra57

I wonder how long it will take me to hit gold level contributor with this hardware, at 60 mil now

Just now, Arrogath said:

I wonder how long it will take me to hit gold level contributor with this hardware, at 60 mil now

You dont have any badge yet, maybe you should request one at the lin kbelow.

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

if I disconnect from network will it stop folding?

I live in misery USA. my timezone is central daylight time which is either UTC -5 or -4 because the government hates everyone.

into trains? here's the model railroad thread!

Not immediately but it will not be able to complete the WU and also cannot upload the results once done for points if it's disconnected when it's done with the WU.
It will "Stop" at the next 10% of the WU. If you must disconnect use the pause feature, let it stop folding and THEN disconnect or shut down the system. If you don't you lose the entire WU and have to start over again.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

Just now, Beerzerker said:

Not immediately but it will not be able to complete the WU and cannot upload the results once done for points.
It will "Stop" at the next 10% of the WU. If you must disconnect use the pause feature, let it stop folding and THEN disconnect or shut down the system. If you don't you lose the entire WU and have to start over again.

oh. thanks!

I live in misery USA. my timezone is central daylight time which is either UTC -5 or -4 because the government hates everyone.

Signed up for the event! Can't wait!

I'm kinda part-time folding, so joining the event just makes sense.

Depending on the sort of people you're looking for, for the data handling, I would be happy to help.

The two weeks of the event are kind of busy weeks for me, but I'm happy to make some free time to help out!

1 minute ago, Arrogath said:

Just gotta do some quick maths and you'll know in seconds!

d = (g - c) / ppd

d = days until

g = goal

c = current points

ppd = points per day

Or you can just fold away and not have the suspense ruined ;) 

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I love seeing how excited everyone is to fold, will be setting up my system to fold tonight before I go to bed! 

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

11 minutes ago, Arrogath said:

With the 2080 at full power you should be in the 2mPPD range (if I remember correctly). That would net you 28M points, not including what you'd make on the 5600XT and the 4790k which will both be significantly lower. So you might not hit gold but you'll get really close

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

@The King of the Undead Also know the longer it takes to complete the assigned WU the less points from it you get.
It's like a countdown of points vs time once a WU is assigned to you.

I don't know if it's true anymore or not but used to be if you dropped too many WU's and so on you got "Tagged" as an unreliable and you didn't get as many, if any of the good WU's. 

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana

1 minute ago, scuff gang said:

I love seeing how excited everyone is to fold, will be setting up my system to fold tonight before I go to bed! 

I too love to see this! :) makes me smile with glee at everyones excitement 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

10 minutes ago, Beerzerker said:

@The King of the Undead Also know the longer it takes to complete the assigned WU the less points from it you get.
It's like a countdown of points vs time once a WU is assigned to you.

I don't know if it's true anymore or not but used to be if you dropped too many WU's and so on you got "Tagged" as an unreliable and you didn't get as many, if any of the good WU's. 

I'm just gonna stop before and take what I get.

I may F@H for this.  Will research all this later.  Shouldn't be any harder than getting a mining operation set up lol.  Though I am not allowed to repurpose those RVII's to this, I can use my personal rigs.

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

Excited to help! It's been a while since I've looked at folding much. Is it best to set cause preference to "all" in this situation? Also, besides power use, is there any downside to folding with CPU as well as GPU? (BTW, if helpful, I'm running a GTX 1070 and i7 6700)

Tech, engineering, gaming and promoting the metric system. These are my things.

Lover of Linux.

Currently rocking a ThinkPad L13 laptop tricked out with an i7, running Windows 10.
PC Specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i7 6700
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070
Motherboard: Asus Z170 A
RAM: Corsair Vengence 16GB

1 hour ago, GOTSpectrum said:

@RILEYISMYNAME @James @LinusTech

WAN and/or TL shout out? 

Lets show that pesky virus who's boss!

Hopefully more than a shout out... they should do a video and build the corona killer folding machine.

Hardware & Programming Enthusiast - Creator of LAR_Systems "Folding@Home in the Dark" browser extension and GPU / CPU PPD Database. 

I have been a passionate participant at BOINC@ESL, made it to the 1 year award but then it slowed down and eventually collapsed there due to the diminishing support. Happy to see that i can use my quite new system now to support this case. I hope i have done everything right for now, see below :).

FOLDING.png

ESL Profile: https://play.eslgaming.com/player/2432327/

F@H Profile: https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=847206

Old System:                                                                 Current System :

i7-3770k + Cooler Master Hyper 212                           i9 9900k + Noctua NH-D15

Gigabyte Z77M-D3H                                                    Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Master

Evga Geforce GTX 970 SC                                          GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING OC (F@H OC +70core/+580 mem)

HyperX FURY Red 16GB  DDR3 1600                        Corsair Vengeance  LPX 2x16GB DDR4 3200

bequiet PURE POWER 600W 80+ bronze                  Corsair RM 650x 80+ gold

Samsung 850 Evo 120 GB + 1TB HDD                       Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500GB 

Thermaltake Level 20 MT ARGB 

14 minutes ago, jakkuh_t said:

The 6 Editors Rig is rippin'

IMG_20200312_152236.jpg

WOO!!!!!!

Don't forget to give a shout out over in discord sometime! 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Let's get to folding! My 2060 KO has been waiting for its moment to shine!

1 hour ago, Tristerin said:

I may F@H for this.  Will research all this later.  Shouldn't be any harder than getting a mining operation set up lol.  Though I am not allowed to repurpose those RVII's to this, I can use my personal rigs.

Definitely not! It's super simple, and there's a few good install guides on here whether you're running windows or Linus. Currently Navi cards are supported on windows, but have having trouble getting up and running on Linux.

1 hour ago, OJTheAviator said:

Excited to help! It's been a while since I've looked at folding much. Is it best to set cause preference to "all" in this situation? Also, besides power use, is there any downside to folding with CPU as well as GPU? (BTW, if helpful, I'm running a GTX 1070 and i7 6700)

Besides power use, not really. CPU's are just less efficient at folding when it comes to power drawn and the PPD (points per day) produced. Just make sure you leave one core open per Nvidia GPU. (So dont try to fold with all 4 cores and 8 threads)

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

58 minutes ago, jakkuh_t said:

The 6 Editors Rig is rippin'

Spoiler

IMG_20200312_152236.jpg

Oh lawd he's a comin!

https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=812302

image.png.32740abb224be8fbff2a9625ce1f35af.png

Apparently they are still creating new WU's for this and it's one I haven't seen in any lists (yet).

Just got a 11748 WU and it's running now.

11748.jpg

Hey guys sorry I am a little tech illiterate when it comes to this folding thing. What is it and how can I help?

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800X GPU: Reference 5700XT (Asus) Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix X470-F RAM: Corsair 32GB Vengeance 3600Mhz PSU: Corsair RM850X White

Cooling: Corsair H115i RGB Storage: 500GB WD SN750 M.2, 4TB Samsung EVO SSD Case: NZXT H500i White

Keyboard: Asus ROG Strix Flare (MX Red) Mouse: Corsair Sabre RGB

My rig is still up to the task.

Put me on the list.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Getting my second rig setup :)

image.png.310a7099d68a77c9a041e44ccfb3b5ac.png

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)