LTT Folding Team's Emergency Response to Covid-19

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

This event has ended and I recommend you guys head over to the Folding Community Board for any general folding conversation. 

Just now, Metallus97 said:

NICE didn't know about that! @Gorgon thank you!
@GOTSpectrum maybe add this and the other more advanced guides to a further references or something topic in the main post here? Just for the newbies that want to get in to it all:) 

I'm planning to, but atm I'm making sure everything needed for the event is sorted in the background. 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

13 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

I see you are rallying the whole GPU army,

@Den-Fi will you be doing the same?

Yep. Ramping up as we speak. It’s 75F out, but Corona ain’t gonna fight itself. 

1 minute ago, Den-Fi said:

Yep. Ramping up as we speak. It’s 75F out, but Corona ain’t gonna fight itself. 

You have 75 Frankensteins outside your house... I'd call the cops... or the army 

Spoiler

P.S. yes I know Frankenstein was the guy not the monster 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

@GOTSpectrum

I've got a bunch of L5630s Xeons I'm never going to use, could pair with two S5520HC I'm also unlikely to use, and also some E5-2630v2 Xeons. If you want you can add some of those to the prizes, shipping from NZ is likely going to be a problem though. If not now then next event and I could with more time make up some actual complete work systems from these as better prizes, if people actually want old ass servers.

4 minutes ago, leadeater said:

@GOTSpectrum

I've got a bunch of L5630s Xeons I'm never going to use, could pair with two S5520HC I'm also unlikely to use, and also some E5-2630v2 Xeons. If you want you can add some of those to the prizes, shipping from NZ is likely going to be a problem though. If not now then next event and I could with more time make up some actual complete work systems from these as better prizes, if people actually want old ass servers.

Probably will be better for folding month tbh, we'll talk about it closer to the time

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

4 minutes ago, leadeater said:

@GOTSpectrum

I was thinking about getting a shelf with older hardware as decoration for my gaming place. So if i happen to get a hand on such hardware as a price i'd be happy to use it as a starter for that :P

ESL Profile: https://play.eslgaming.com/player/2432327/

F@H Profile: https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=847206

Old System:                                                                 Current System :

i7-3770k + Cooler Master Hyper 212                           i9 9900k + Noctua NH-D15

Gigabyte Z77M-D3H                                                    Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Master

Evga Geforce GTX 970 SC                                          GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING OC (F@H OC +70core/+580 mem)

HyperX FURY Red 16GB  DDR3 1600                        Corsair Vengeance  LPX 2x16GB DDR4 3200

bequiet PURE POWER 600W 80+ bronze                  Corsair RM 650x 80+ gold

Samsung 850 Evo 120 GB + 1TB HDD                       Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500GB 

Thermaltake Level 20 MT ARGB 

8 hours ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Minimum Participation Requirements For Prizes

10 Days Active, 500,000 Points

Today was the first day I started F@H, no point of reference whatsoever, which together with the constantly time-out stats services and overload of numbers in the web interface made it really difficult to know if this is a lot or not ?‍♀️

But I've already grinded almost 300k points, so I guess it's not too hard ?

I downloaded the Folding at home 7.5.1 app.  It didn’t ask for a username so I don’t know how to input that.  It also apparently just wants to fold in the background or something.  It’s going though.  I’m not really interested in receiving prizes.  I’d donate some but I don’t have any unused steam keys.  I’ve got a bunch of games on my steam account but I think they’re attached to my account in an immovable way.  I think anyway.

If it will help though I’d like to make it go faster.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

17 minutes ago, N.tony said:

Today was the first day I started F@H, no point of reference whatsoever, which together with the constantly time-out stats services and overload of numbers in the web interface made it really difficult to know if this is a lot or not ?‍♀️

But I've already grinded almost 300k points, so I guess it's not too hard ?

8 hours ago, GOTSpectrum said:

I have added some requirements, these are higher than we have seen before for a folding event but I want you all to push hard. They are still quite low and a GTX 750 or a GT 1030 alternatively for team red a HD 7950, R9 270 or RX 460 should be able to hit them without much trouble.

some reference here in one of my posts

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Who is in charge of the daily meme to spread awareness of the upcoming folding fight against Corona in the LTT community? I'mma give it a start if y'all don't mind! ?

tenor.gif

F@H Profile: https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=847206

Old System:                                                                 Current System :

i7-3770k + Cooler Master Hyper 212                           i9 9900k + Noctua NH-D15

Gigabyte Z77M-D3H                                                    Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Master

Evga Geforce GTX 970 SC                                          GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING OC (F@H OC +70core/+580 mem)

HyperX FURY Red 16GB  DDR3 1600                        Corsair Vengeance  LPX 2x16GB DDR4 3200

Samsung 850 Evo 120 GB + 1TB HDD                       Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500GB 

10 minutes ago, Kenpachi1985 said:

Who is in charge of the daily meme to spread awareness of the upcoming folding fight against Corona in the LTT community? I'mma give it a start if y'all don't mind! ?

tenor.gif

With the power invested in me by the mighty Forum admins as folding team leader. I hereby anoint thee, Kenpachi, as the official Town crier Meme sharer for the upcoming event. Go forth my child, and spread the word of the mighty proteins with your moving pictures and vague references. For now, you, and you alone must bare the weight of this great task.  

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

hmm i'm definitely not going to hit min req *i don't think i have enouhg total points for that either*

BUT FOLDING ANYWAYS

Don't forget to use the "Quote" feature or mention me ( @Gegger) if you want me to see your reply!

Community Standards // Forum Quickstart Guide // Floatplane // Forum FAQ // The Parrot Gang
Banned by Linus in the "banning game" thread who added insult to injury by putting this crap in my sig >(

WE ARE THE DARK SIDE Don't be a light theme peasant

Spoiler

........:oo:........

o//ssssssssyhhysssss+////o               .''''''''''''''. 

mddmmm/::ddddddddddddddmmmyss::/mmN       |   PARTY ON   |

o..+oodddmmmhhhhhhhhhhhdmmmmmdddooy       | ,............'

h::oyyhddmmm+++///////////++++++mmmddy::s  |/

Nyyo[[sddhyyyyy::::::::::::::::::::yyymmh//oyym

h..:oohmm+:://///::::////////////////+mmmmms..sNN

m++sddmmm+::hddhhy::+ddddddddddddddhhhmmmmmdhh+++d

Nsssyyhmmhssooodmmhhh::+mmdyyyyyyyyddddddmmmmmmmmo::d

mmd../mmmmmo::shhdmmhhh::+mmhooooooooyhhmmmmmmmmmmmyssdmm

+++++smmdddo::///dmmhhh::+mmhooooooooooommmmmddddmmmdd/++m

``+hhhmmhoo/:::::oooooossymmhooooooooyyymmdoooooydddmmo//N

++:mmmmmy:::::::::::::/yyhmmhooooooooyhhmmd:::::+yyhmmyssddd

ooommmmmy:::::::::::::://ommhooooooooooommd:::::://shhdmm+..

yyhmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyyymmd::::::::/++hmm+//

dddmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyhhddh:::::::::::hmmysshhd

mmmmmdhhs::::::::::::::::+mmhoooooooohhhhhy:::::::::::hmmhhh``+

mmmmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmdhhsooooodmm++/:::::::::::hmmsss``+

dddmmhoo+::::::::::::::::+dddddyssyyydmm::::::::::::::hmmsoo++o

dddmmdhho::::::::::::::::+hhdmmddddmmmmm::::::::::::::hmmsooNNN

mmmmmh///::::::::::::::::+hhdmmmmmmmmddd::::::::::::::hmmsoo++/

yyhmmdss+::::::::::::::::/ooydddmmmmmsoo::::::::::::::yddhyy::+

++ommmmmy:::::::::::::::::::ohhdmmddd/::::::::::::::::shhdmmsssNNNmmN

..+mmmmmy:::::::::::::::::::://shh+//:::::::::::::::::://dmmmmdoo+..o

``+dddmmhss+:::::::::::::::::::+++/::::::::::::::::::::::ooodddhhysshNNy++m ``+hhdmmdhhs///:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::yyymmmmmmmmo++hNNmdd ``+hhdmmdhhhhh+:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/hhhhhdmmmmmsoo... ``+ddmmmdhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyo:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+++++sdddmmdhhsss//+ ``+mmmmmhsshhhhhhhhhhhhhhy++/:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+ssyyydmmddd///hhd ``+mmmmmy::shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhs:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::ymmmmmmmh../ ``+mmmmmy:://////////////ohhhyy+::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::///hddmmmhhs++s ``+mmmmmhssssssssssssssssydddddysssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssdddmmmmmy::s ``+mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhooh

13 minutes ago, Gegger said:

hmm i'm definitely not going to hit min req *i don't think i have enouhg total points for that either*

BUT FOLDING ANYWAYS

Min reqs are only for the prizes, theres no badges for this so don't worry about it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

“Any” is the default apparently.  Found under configure-> advanced.  I managed to enter a user name there too.  Listing as 1 gpu, 0 cpu.  Might be because of the mild overclock I got.  I can fix that.  I technically have 2 GPUs, sort of.  The rx580 and the kinda lousy iGPU in the 4770k

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

@RILEYISMYNAME @AlexTheGreatish Thank you for the WAN shout out, glad you saw my Super-char or ping here on the Forum. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

3 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

@RILEYISMYNAME @AlexTheGreatish Thank you for the WAN shout out, glad you saw my Super-char or ping here on the Forum. 

Nevermind I take it back, that was a terrible shout out LMFAO

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

7 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

4 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Nevermind I take it back, that was a terrible shout out LMFAO

yadungoofed.png.c7423e8df4aafe35f74c78e83b9135a9.png

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

1 minute ago, Spotty said:

yadungoofed.png.c7423e8df4aafe35f74c78e83b9135a9.png

EXACTLY! 

My face, this was me. Like WTF @RILEYISMYNAME !

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

@RILEYISMYNAME

TRAITOR

Don't forget to use the "Quote" feature or mention me ( @Gegger) if you want me to see your reply!

Community Standards // Forum Quickstart Guide // Floatplane // Forum FAQ // The Parrot Gang
Banned by Linus in the "banning game" thread who added insult to injury by putting this crap in my sig >(

Spoiler

``+dddmmhss+:::::::::::::::::::+++/::::::::::::::::::::::ooodddhhysshNNy++m ``+hhdmmdhhs///:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::yyymmmmmmmmo++hNNmdd ``+hhdmmdhhhhh+:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/hhhhhdmmmmmsoo... ``+ddmmmdhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyo:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+++++sdddmmdhhsss//+ ``+mmmmmhsshhhhhhhhhhhhhhy++/:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+ssyyydmmddd///hhd ``+mmmmmy::shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhs:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::ymmmmmmmh../ ``+mmmmmy:://////////////ohhhyy+::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::///hddmmmhhs++s ``+mmmmmhssssssssssssssssydddddysssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssdddmmmmmy::s ``+mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhooh

And we have just passed 100 sign ups! Think of how many more we could have had if @AlexTheGreatish / Riley hadn't stuffed the link. Maybe you guys can add the real link to the description and pinned comment on WAN?

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

3sj5em.jpg

I feel personally hurt by him link another team... I think I am taking this to heart way more than I should...

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Does anyone know of any updates on folding on RX 5700 XT cards?  I upgraded towards the end of the last folding event and had troubles getting it to work for folding.  I fired it up today to see if it would work on its own but it's still not running any projects on the GPU with whatever I try.  It's stuck on "Download" has a waiting on status of "WS Assignment".  CPU is plugging away just fine though.

3 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

I feel personally hurt by him link another team... I think I am taking this to heart way more than I should...

don't worry i feel the same

i know some people folding for pcmr team

i have a "friendly" rivalry with some friends folding for pcmr

Spoiler

11 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

I wouldnt take it personally.

They might not have any idea that this is going on here on the forum. Its friday afternoon and most people are trying to get their shit done and go home for the weekend.