Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

11 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

That’s.... really cheap actually I would be the guy to buy a car and just replace it when I buy it so it’s good the whole time I have it. 

I wish they had sold more 05-06 Corolla XRS’s... they only made like 10k of them :( 

engine swap would likely put me over budget too unless I got lucky and found a perfectly good 03-05 (whatever years still had cable throttle) corolla that was already manual (for sake of it not being a pain) for like $500 or something 

keep in in mind the way I do engine swaps I literally make everything that looks like it could be replaced brand new along the way. So it’s expensive.... cost of doing a good job lol

Celica GTS. Clearly.

6 minutes ago, terrytek said:

too bad the sears in my area shut down bc of the entire bankruptcy deal.

shipping?

8 hours ago, terrytek said:

too bad the sears in my area shut down bc of the entire bankruptcy deal.

I honestly thought all the Sears brick and mortar stores were closed. *Shrug*

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

10 hours ago, Bitter said:

Celica GTS. Clearly.

Too small. Need a bit more room with 4 doors is preferable 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

10 hours ago, bimmerman said:

shipping?

i doubt shipping on such a heavy set of tools gonna be cheap xd 

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

19 minutes ago, terrytek said:

Snap On has free shipping on orders under $500 ;) 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

5 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Thats cause it only takes a handfull of sockets and OR a set of combination wrenches to break $500 XD

Fixed it for you...

Haha

I admit that I buy more Snap-On stuff than I should, but whenever I'm looking for a bit of an oddball thing, they always have it. In fact, I just ordered a Snap-On marine plug screwdriver, and a pair of flush cutters this morning. One screwdriver and one pair of pliers, $106.

image.png.5b08ffdb721f2da5b29f975e20d4e983.png

2 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Okay but to be fair, the funnel you got is pretty damn nice.

They make nice stuff, no doubt, that's why I find myself giving them money more often than I should. 

3 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

Too small. Need a bit more room with 4 doors is preferable 

The back seats fold and you can fit like at least 4 dead hookers. 6 if they're Filipino.

1 hour ago, Bitter said:

The back seats fold and you can fit like at least 4 dead hookers. 6 if they're Filipino.

Wood chipper .. to make stuff more space efficient

The Subwoofer 

Ryzen 7 1700  /// Noctua NH-L9X65 /// Noctua NF-P14s Redux 1200PWM

ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Gaming-ITX/ac /// 16GB DDR4 G.Skill TridentZ 3066Mhz

Zotac GTX1080 Mini 

EVGA Supernova G3 650W 

Samsung 960EVO 250GB + WD Blue 2TB

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

So uh I might be some country bumpkin but I'm pretty sure there's something wrong with this picture.

download (33).jpeg

installed an exhaust on the Tundra last weekend. Finally got around to posting a video.

https://youtu.be/olYPLC096-U

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

34 minutes ago, FuzzyYellow said:

installed an exhaust on the Tundra last weekend. Finally got around to posting a video.

That thing sounds angry, damn

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

2 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

That thing sounds angry, damn

I love it. it sounds so great. ?

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

11 hours ago, terrytek said:

True.....but they're also offering free shipping.

4 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

Uhhhhhhhhhhh

Must pay off SS to buy ND2

13 hours ago, Real_PhillBert said:

They make nice stuff, no doubt, that's why I find myself giving them money more often than I should. 

maybe i'll buy a pair of snapon socks then. probably the cheapest thing there at like 20 dollars a pair.

6 hours ago, Bitter said:

So uh I might be some country bumpkin but I'm pretty sure there's something wrong with this picture.

download (33).jpeg

volvo engine mustang body or volvo engine volvo body and just weird fabric shit. or none of the above?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I picked up my wheels yesterday with fresh new tiers, mounted them and washed the A8. Fresh tiers feels so amazing to drive on, compared to those that was on it's like day and night.

20190613_062800.thumb.jpg.15a59787ebd336f6ab888351692b1869.jpg

sketch-1560491587218.thumb.png.b7869fb0198330ed27650ed8ac25df81.png

CPU: r7 2700x;  GPU: EVGA GTX 980 ti sli; RAM: 16GB DDR4; MoBo: ASUS CH VII HERO x470; PSU: Seasonic Prime 850 Titanium; Case: Be Quiet! Dark Base 900 PRO; SSD: Kingston 120 GB; HDD: 1x 500 GB 1x 2TB 1x 3TB;

My Anime List 300+ completed

When you're heading to the car meet at 4 but have to pick up the kids from soccer practice at 6

Screenshot_20190614-072133_Snapchat.jpg

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

7 hours ago, terrytek said:

maybe i'll buy a pair of snapon socks then. probably the cheapest thing there at like 20 dollars a pair.

volvo engine mustang body or volvo engine volvo body and just weird fabric shit. or none of the above?

It's all ford. So where's the intercooler located and what's missing from the hood?

8 minutes ago, Bitter said:

It's all ford. So where's the intercooler located and what's missing from the hood?

Guys I figured it out! It doesnt get any air cause there's no cutout for the air intake in the hood!

Spoiler

Image result for i get it now meme

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

1 hour ago, TVwazhere said:

Guys I figured it out! It doesnt get any air cause there's no cutout for the air intake in the hood!

Ah, good old Ford. The MK1 Mondeo with the turbo diesel engine has a top mount intercooler. But no cutouts either. xD

(I also relate to that image)

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

?

0F9CFC67-D3A0-43B8-91D6-7C19C2A74642.thumb.png.3be125759f9a664d434a9a7d8d3bc77d.png

Also le mans this weekend

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

4 hours ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

Ah, good old Ford. The MK1 Mondeo with the turbo diesel engine has a top mount intercooler. But no cutouts either. xD

(I also relate to that image)

This engine was swapped from an 88 Thunderbird, which I think had cutouts in the hood and ducted air to the TMIC. They're driving it like this and have been for a while...guess they don't understand intercooling?