Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Doing some groundskeeping for CTMP

@MEC-777 @warmmilk

DSC04701.jpg

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

The painted hood has finished drying, and it could not have turned out better! It really looks like it could have came from the factory in that color. There's still a bit of condensation on the paint, but it's already completely dry.IMG_20190610_070814706_HDR.thumb.jpg.114c831047dc9122c5a045a8fe4a7683.jpg

Computer engineering grad student, cybersecurity researcher, and hobbyist embedded systems developer

Daily Driver:

CPU: Ryzen 7 4800H | GPU: RTX 2060 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

Gaming PC:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X | GPU: EVGA RTX 2080Ti | RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

On 6/9/2019 at 3:33 AM, LeapFrogMasterRace said:

I need new springs for the saab are the Megan racing ones any good? I see most people recommending Eibach over them but I can't find them for my model year (and they cost more). 

I am not sure about megan racing, but i know for sure that Eibach will be great stuff, well worth the money imo. I think @RevoltTrain has them on his 9-3 ... or at least wanted to get some.

Found this on their website: 

https://eibachshop.com/index.php?p817,eibach-pro-kit-springs-saab-9-3

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

On 6/8/2019 at 4:42 AM, chaozbandit said:

Do we sports in here?

Reveal hidden contents

B59E5F6B-A145-4708-A918-5BF6E550D8A7.thumb.png.357036f7e4d816bbc63bb0c5a1591ef7.png

No, but 3-1 up with two home games coming up, and Warriors still facing injuries, I'd be feeling pretty fucking confident ^_^ 

⠀⠀⠀⣴⣴⡤
⠀⣠⠀⢿⠇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⢷⡗
⠀⢶⢽⠿⣗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⡧⠂⠀⠀⣼⣷⡆
⠀⠀⣾⢶⠐⣱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣜⣻⣧⣲⣦⠤⣧⣿⠶
⠀⢀⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠿⣿⣿⣷⣤⣄⡹⣿⣷
⠀⢸⣿⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠿⠃⠈⠿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⠿⠿⠿

⠀⢀⢀⡀⠀⢀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⡀
⠀⣿⡟⡇⠀⠭⡋⠅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣟⢿
⠀⣹⡌⠀⠀⣨⣾⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⠔⠌
⠰⣷⣿⡀⢐⢿⣿⣿⢻⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡿⡤⣴⠄⢀⣀⡀
⠘⣿⣿⠂⠈⢸⣿⣿⣸⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⣿⣀⡠⣠⣺⣿⣷
⠀⣿⣿⡆⠀⢸⣿⣿⣾⡇⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣗⣻⡻⠿⠁
⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁

4 hours ago, IKnight said:

Where's @AlwaysFSX? :P

Sidenote, I can’t wait to try this. I loved FSX (tho I didn’t really get deep into it, wanted to for a while). Learned a lot about planes from it too

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

3 hours ago, PandaCopyRight said:

I am not sure about megan racing, but i know for sure that Eibach will be great stuff, well worth the money imo. I think @RevoltTrain has them on his 9-3 ... or at least wanted to get some.

+1 for Eibach, currently running sportline's on Koni Struts. Drop is an inch in the front and 1.5 in the back (25mm and 38mm) which eliminates the stock rake. Ride is firmer but not harsh at all

20180707_114155.thumb.jpg.ddc272f6bf7d18935a39735fded75aea.jpg

20180522_193733.thumb.jpg.ee1d5c011b655613f826f02d83375bac.jpg20180520_155558.thumb.jpg.a2e2d36a0bec71ed9d51fd5dc27da8cb.jpg

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

31 minutes ago, Ross Siggers said:

No, but 3-1 up with two home games coming up, and Warriors still facing injuries, I'd be feeling pretty fucking confident ^_^ 

No kidding. The vibe in my city is off the charts.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

4 hours ago, PandaCopyRight said:

28 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

+1 for Eibach, currently running sportline's on Koni Struts. Drop is an inch in the front and 1.5 in the back (25mm and 38mm) which eliminates the stock rake. Ride is firmer but not harsh at all

Okay thanks for the advice. If I want to make sure they fit all I need to do is match the first three letters to my vin right?0 Eibach says they are for ys3f. I am asking because I see some places list them as 2003-2005 only. CarID asks for a sub number 12,40 or 44 for OEM springs. 

1 minute ago, LeapFrogMasterRace said:

Okay thanks for the advice. If I want to make sure they fit all I need to do is match the first three letters to my vin right?0 Eibach says they are for ys3f. I am asking because I see some places list them as 2003-2005 only. CarID asks for a sub number 12,40 or 44 for OEM springs. 

Not sure if it's the first 3 numbers on the Vin. I'm pretty sure the reasons is because they changed the strut/spring perch mounts between years. For example, I could get Pro springs for either the 2013-14, or 2015+ models while using stock struts, but I could only get the Sportlines in 2013-14. Upgrading to aftermarket struts that had 2013 spring mountings allowed me to use Sportlines (which work better with lowering springs than the stock shocks would. Obviously it's much more expensive though)

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

What do you guys think of how the Corolla sounds? The engine and exhaust are completely stock, but I was thinking about getting a new muffler, maybe a Magnaflow one.

Computer engineering grad student, cybersecurity researcher, and hobbyist embedded systems developer

Daily Driver:

CPU: Ryzen 7 4800H | GPU: RTX 2060 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

Gaming PC:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X | GPU: EVGA RTX 2080Ti | RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

1 minute ago, dcgreen2k said:

What do you guys think of how the Corolla sounds? The engine and exhaust are completely stock, but I was thinking about getting a new muffler, maybe a Magnaflow one.

At the end of the day it's your car and your money, do whatever you want to it. 

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

5 hours ago, PandaCopyRight said:

Eibachs and Bilsteins

1 hour ago, LeapFrogMasterRace said:

Part of that is trim related, the other is engine based. The Aero rides lower from factory, and in 06 The Aero got a heavier V6 vs the B207R. Which is part of that year designation 

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

53 minutes ago, SnowWolf370 said:

The first brand new vehicle I bought was a 2014 Ford Ranger XLT Rap Cab in Panther Black with a small engine and with quite literally no optional extra equipment.. And now I have the fully loaded 2019 Ford Ranger Wildtrak X Double Cab. I like the color scheme a lot, but sadly if you want the Wildtrak X that has this unique color scheme, you have to get a Double Cab with short bed. Not the Rap Cab with a longer bed. So that kinda sucks, but the Ford Performance Blue color and the black parts are awesome!

Pictures are from http://pickupand4x4.co.uk/

Awesome! Looks great, what engine is that in there? The Rangers on this side of the pond only get the 2.3L, at least for now.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

1 hour ago, SnowWolf370 said:

The first brand new vehicle I bought was a 2014 Ford Ranger XLT Rap Cab in Panther Black with a small engine and with quite literally no optional extra equipment.. And now I have the fully loaded 2019 Ford Ranger Wildtrak X Double Cab. I like the color scheme a lot, but sadly if you want the Wildtrak X that has this unique color scheme, you have to get a Double Cab with short bed. Not the Rap Cab with a longer bed. So that kinda sucks, but the Ford Performance Blue color and the black parts are awesome!

Pictures are from http://pickupand4x4.co.uk/

I'm quite happy to see the Ranger making it's return to the US

We had one when I was growing up (Either a 94 or 95) extended cab short bed, with the V6 and a manual in that great purple color they used to do. Loved that thing to bits

Image result for purple ford ranger

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

2 hours ago, RevoltTrain said:

Eibachs and Bilsteins

Part of that is trim related, the other is engine based. The Aero rides lower from factory, and in 06 The Aero got a heavier V6 vs the B207R. Which is part of that year designation 

I am having trouble finding them. Could I go to a local shop and have them just put something in or is it better to buy them first? Honestly my roads are crap so I might just get the original Lesjofors. Would these fit?

@SnowWolf370

Why do Ford's these days look so average? 

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

1 minute ago, SnowWolf370 said:

The only thing that is insane at least from my understanding is that the Ranger costs the same as a F-150 with the same equipment and stuff?

Then again, the Ranger over here isn't cheap either. But it's on level with the Hilux and Amarok etc, and we don't have the "big boy" pickups like F series, Colorado or Ram being sold here. Some are imported but they are taxed even more heavily, and most of them hit the weight limits of cars. Meaning they need to be restricted weight wise or it's CDL and 18-wheeler taxes and inspections time.

They're pretty close price wise IIRC here between the F150 and Ranger. The colorado isn't a fullsize here, and is more in line with the Ranger (and the old S10)

The big three trucks here would be the F-Series, Silverado, and Ram

I personally prefer a smaller truck if it's going to be daily driven and if you need something that can do more, I tend to prefer older trucks for that situation (90's era GM for the most part)

Ran across one of these for sale. Had one eons ago. I'd forgotten how attractive they are.

Like I need another project to drop money on....

sigh, sometimes it sucks being an adult.

Yamaha FZR600 89  1.jpg

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

6 minutes ago, LeapFrogMasterRace said:

I am having trouble finding them. Could I go to a local shop and have them just put something in or is it better to buy them first? Honestly my roads are crap so I might just get the original Lesjofors. Would these fit?

I'd personally order through eSaabParts if you wanted to stick with OEM parts, they only sell OEM stuff, and are owned by the national Saab Museum

And if you want to lower the car, I'd recommend these all day. As long as your struts are in good shape these would treat you great 

https://www.brewcityboost.com/product/vogtland-sport-lowering-spring-set-11/

7 minutes ago, SnowWolf370 said:

Ah yeah, I meant the Silverado. We no longer have Chevrolet in Europe as they pulled out, and Ram was never here. I actually owned a Ram but with a modern pickup with so many computer glitches and faults, and no real dealerships around it was a headache that I sold. It was almost brand new but had loads of problems and horrible fuel economy.

Ford is the only "US" brand that sells pickups and the Ranger is the biggest they got, they don't sell the F Series new here, like mentioned it's only for really interested people that import them etc. But they are a few!

When buying a brand spanking new truck it's easier to have a dealership, the Ford's I've had there's been a few problems with. But you can just march into the dealership, slam your fist in the table and get things fixed. With the almost brand new Ram it didn't work that way..... lol.

But yeah, I liked the Ford the most out of the Hilux, Amarok and other pickups being offered new from dealerships here. It's the best looking in my mind, you get the most stuff or your money and it has the highest safety rating. And in some cases highest tow capacity. Which in Europe is often restricted to how well the vehicle is rated, not engine size etc.

I tend to stick with GM products overall, from personal experience they have treated me better. The Rams I've always stayed away from, and same with the Toyotas. They just don't tend to hold up as well in these parts especially where the winters can be pretty brutal. I've been seeing a lot of newer Rams, Toyotas, and even Ford trucks rotting out in 2 -3 years and leaving holes in the side of the bed

1 minute ago, SnowWolf370 said:

Because they are styled to match the European Ford models and be "on-par" with the vehicles released by Toyota, Amarok etc. Actually over here the Ranger is considered the most aggressive and mean looking pickup, and has the "cool" stamp. I guess it just doesn't fit well in the US considering the styling the new F-Series and the Ram etc has, and that flat nose the Colorado has gotten.

Don't get me wrong, Ford's aren't particularly terrible cars but apart from the hotter European models and US Mustangs and GT's a lot of them aren't built with love.  

زندگی از چراغ

17 minutes ago, SnowWolf370 said:

The only thing that is insane at least from my understanding is that the Ranger costs the same as a F-150 with the same equipment and stuff?

Then again, the Ranger over here isn't cheap either. But it's on level with the Hilux and Amarok etc, and we don't have the "big boy" pickups like F series, Colorado or Ram being sold here. Some are imported but they are taxed even more heavily, and most of them hit the weight limits of cars. Meaning they need to be restricted weight wise or it's CDL and 18-wheeler taxes and inspections time.

I was wondering around my local Ford lot the other day and they had a Ranger Lariat 4-door right next to an F150 Lariat 4-door, The ranger was $41k usd, and the F150 was $44k usd. So they seem pretty similar in price. I cant help but wonder if that will hurt Ranger sales, at least in the US.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

44 minutes ago, SnowWolf370 said:

We no longer have Chevrolet in Europe

Huh,

I was unaware Chevy was *ever* in europe...what did they sell?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

86C00F80-89D2-4D54-853F-7566E6B204BE.jpeg

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1