LTTAnimeClubHeavenSociety-Header.png

Week 17 is upon us. Its now time to decide which anime the club should watch and discuss this week. The poll will be active for 48hrs-ish.

Noragami
Current

This was suggested by @Vitalius saying "Supernatural, but with interesting characters and mystery backgrounds. Kinda like Bleach, but not like Bleach. I know. I do that alot. The art was good and the climactic fights made the wait worth it as the story progressed."

Yato is a minor deity who lacks even a single shrine. In order to build his own shrine and gain recognition as a god, he scrawls his cell number on the wall of a downtown bathroom telling people he will help them in exchange for a 5-yen offering, becoming a self-styled "delivery god." Hiyori, the daughter of a respectable family, is almost killed in a traffic accident, but is rescued by Yato. This causes her to become a "hanyou," a person who can exit her body in soul form. She chases Yato down, and they begin to work together to help Yato be recognized. Yato also finds a boy named Yukine who becomes a Regalia, a "sacred treasure" that can be used by a god as a weapon to fight. The three of them battle phantoms who bring harm to humans as Yato's dark hidden history is gradually revealed.
Read more at ANN

chAS3HR.jpg.png

ANN | MAL | aniDB | IMDb

Beyond the boundary
Recent

This was suggested by @RainColt saying "This is so beautifully animated, it's cute, it's funny, it has action and romance, love, loss and I love it and think that it is a must watch."

Akihito Kanbara is a high school sophomore in the literature club who believes himself to be a "Meganest", and although he appears to be human, he is actually half Yomu, which makes him invulnerable to wounds, due to the fact that he can heal so quickly, and also immortal. One day, Akihito meets freshman Mirai Kuriyama when it appears as if she is about to attempt suicide by jumping off of the school rooftop. Mirai is isolated because of her ability to manipulate blood, which is considered heresy even among other members of the underworld, so she is shunned. Soon after Akihito saves Mirai, disturbing events begin to arise.
Read more at ANN

yd472ld.jpg

ANN | MAL | aniDB | IMDb

Nichijou
Post-2007

This was suggested by @Legion saying "Why I'm suggesting it. It's a simple anime.
Its not too long.It has some cute and relate able characters with a bit of hijinks.

Not going to be everyones cup of tea. But some people will enjoy it. It employs a simple animation style with nice over the top exaggerations to assist in some jokes and might be a nice second pick for some week."

As well as by @Vitalius saying "An awesome anime comedy that is incredibly silly in a good way.

While the title suggests a story of simple, everyday school life, the contents are more the opposite. The setting is a strange school where you may see the principal wrestle a deer or a robot's arm hide a rollcake. However there are still normal stories, like making a card castle or taking a test you didn't study for.
Read more at MAL

BjLtaEr.jpg

ANN | MAL | aniDB | IMDb

Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad
Pre-2007

This was suggested by @frustratedrocka saying "Drama, shonen. A really great down-to-earth series about a boy and his band."

Tanaka Yukio, better known by his nickname Koyuki is a 14 year old who feels disconnected from life in general. Through the act of saving a mismatched dog, he meets guitarist Minami Ryuusuke, and becomes involved in Ryuusuke's new band BECK. Koyuki's life starts to change as the band struggles towards fame.
-from ANN

Dy4IhiX.jpg

ANN | MAL | aniDB | IMDb

Angel Beats
Random

This was suggested by @Vitalius saying "Action/Supernatural/Mystery (sorta), I had feels from this anime. It was done a bit quickly, but I think that actually added to my enjoyment rather than took away from it. Can be very dark at times."

Otonashi awakens only to learn he is dead. A rifle-toting girl named Yuri explains that they are in the afterlife, and Otonashi realizes the only thing he can remember about himself is his name. Yuri tells him that she leads the Shinda Sekai Sensen (Afterlife Battlefront) and wages war against a girl named Tenshi. Unable to believe Yuri's claims that Tenshi is evil, Otonashi attempts to speak with her, but the encounter doesn't go as he intended.

Otonashi decides to join the SSS and battle Tenshi, but he finds himself oddly drawn to her. While trying to regain his memories and understand Tenshi, he gradually unravels the mysteries of the afterlife.
Read more at MAL

7kNSRdH.jpg

ANN | MAL | aniDB | IMDb

@Luclocke @MyInnerFred @RainColt @TheProfosist @Rockmandash12 @CatCloud @Charger @ @Jaybird @Cryptonite @DarkCrow @EChondo @killers993 @Epitome @GokuLy @lutewan @Izaya Orihara @squirrl @oc0110 @Legion @Laforet @Admire @yurihellsing @EmotionalSloth @Katsu-K1L @TetraSky @Ivyk @Typho @TheGFXNovice @Fruits Punch Samurai G @frustratedrocka @Purple Spy @Sky Daddy @Adamu @Smiles1946 @GloriousPain @gastew15 @Vitalius @Le Lion de Barreras @Kagami Tsukino @DigitalHermit @Unbr34k4bl3 @Noire @Randomacts @c3p0 @Rashy @ThyFeared @That Norwegian Guy @ThyFeared @wng_kingsley7 @Trogdor8freebird @Rising

If you're interested in becoming a member please head over to the main club thread for more information.

This is a poll that is created from a list of suggested anime from the Anime Suggestion Submission thread. If there is any anime you think the club should watch and discuss please suggest it there.

I have to vote for the one I suggested. lol

But seriously, Angel Beats is great. The music is awesome. The animation is well done in some parts, although strange in others. The story is a bit fast paced, but I think it helps for the M. Nigh Shyamalan level twists. The characters are unique, even for an anime. You'll love some of them and hate others.

It's great.

Noragami was good too, but I prefer Angel Beats.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I really loved Angel beats, its one of the saddest animes I have seen. But in all honesty the anime that you guys should watch right now, if you aren't already watching has to be Tokyo Ghoul, it's literally one of the best animes I have ever seen, in terms of VA, graphics, character development, and also plot.

not sure why i watched that full thing in full screen but i do not regret it

Someone say Senpai? 

post-8342-0-17369000-1409991702.jpg

Hmm, Angel Beats sounds the most interesting to me, by the synopsis. 

Although, Beyond The Boundary looks pretty interesting to me too. 

I'm excited to see which one will be the top vote this week. :D

Previously Trogdor8freebird

5800x | Asus x570 Pro Wifi (barely enough for 64GB apparently given it's 2133 and still crashes sometimes) | 64GB DDR4 | 3070 Ti 8GB | Love that whole weeb shit

No need to vote. Watch all of them.

I was going to watch Beyond the Boundary since I've seen two of the anime suggested already.

No need to vote. Watch all of them.

So true.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I have to vote for the one I suggested. lol

But seriously, Angel Beats is great. The music is awesome. The animation is well done in some parts, although strange in others. The story is a bit fast paced, but I think it helps for the M. Nigh Shyamalan level twists. The characters are unique, even for an anime. You'll love some of them and hate others.

It's great.

Noragami was good too, but I prefer Angel Beats.

i really reallly didnt like the ending'

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.1 Corinthians 13:4

Added Kyoukai no Kanata to my 'to watch' list :D

Nichijou is awsesome and angel beats isn't bad either. Noragami is so-so. Not terrible, but it didn't really stand out. I do prefer key's other works (Regarding angel beats), but this is one of the ones that wasn't a visual novel first.

(I can't wait for a Rewrite anime :D)

Aragorn (WS): 250D | 6800k | 840 Pro 512GB | Intel 530 480GB  | Asus X99-M WS | 64GB DDR4 | Corsair HX720i | GTX 1070 | Corsair H115i | Philips BDM4350UC 43" 3840x2160 IPS

Gimli (server):  Node 304 | G4560 | ADATA XPG SX8000 128GB | 2x 5TB WD Red | ASROCK H270M-ITX/AC  | 8GB DDR4 | Seasonic 400FL

Omega (server):                 Fractal Arc Mini R2 | i3 4130 | 500GB Maxtor | 2TB WD Red : Raid 1 | 3TB Seagate Barracuda | 16GB RAM | Seasonic G-450w
Alpha (WS): 900D | 4770k | GTX 780  | 840 Pro 512GB  | GA-Z87X-OC | Corsair RM 850 | 24GB 2400mhz | Samsung S27B970D 2560x1440

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

I really loved Angel beats, its one of the saddest animes I have seen. But in all honesty the anime that you guys should watch right now, if you aren't already watching has to be Tokyo Ghoul, it's literally one of the best animes I have ever seen, in terms of VA, graphics, character development, and also plot.

Not seen Clannad (After story) or AnoHana? :P

Aragorn (WS): 250D | 6800k | 840 Pro 512GB | Intel 530 480GB  | Asus X99-M WS | 64GB DDR4 | Corsair HX720i | GTX 1070 | Corsair H115i | Philips BDM4350UC 43" 3840x2160 IPS

Gimli (server):  Node 304 | G4560 | ADATA XPG SX8000 128GB | 2x 5TB WD Red | ASROCK H270M-ITX/AC  | 8GB DDR4 | Seasonic 400FL

Omega (server):                 Fractal Arc Mini R2 | i3 4130 | 500GB Maxtor | 2TB WD Red : Raid 1 | 3TB Seagate Barracuda | 16GB RAM | Seasonic G-450w
Alpha (WS): 900D | 4770k | GTX 780  | 840 Pro 512GB  | GA-Z87X-OC | Corsair RM 850 | 24GB 2400mhz | Samsung S27B970D 2560x1440

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

I don't even watch these things, I just vote.

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

i really reallly didnt like the ending'

:( I personally really liked the ending. The twist. The feels. It was great.

To each their own I suppose. Some people don't like endings like that with such little closure.

† Christian Member †

I dont know what to choose.

I Guess I'll pass

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

Kyoukai no Kanata is one of such good-enough anime made by KyoAni...in between some weird shit(tamago market talking fatbird) and FREE.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

Dam this weeks selection consists of animes I've already watched. x.x

What do.

Kyoukai no Kanata for glasses goodness...

Also, Senpai.

My ears.... what just happened?...

BmzvOuw.png

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Dam this weeks selection consists of animes I've already watched. x.x

What do.

My ears.... what just happened?...

BmzvOuw.png

you watch the ones from last week you didnt watch

Nichijou!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDgi2kP.jpg

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

tick-all-the-options.jpg

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

Since i cant decide ill choose Random, Thats what the option is for... right?

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct