Since i cant decide ill choose Random, Thats what the option is for... right?

sure why not

all it really means is it was picked with a random number generator and not picked based on category and position in the spread sheet

Dam this weeks selection consists of animes I've already watched. x.x

What do.

My ears.... what just happened?...

BmzvOuw.png

You pick BECK because ill make a special something for everyone if BECK wins.

You pick BECK because ill make a special something for everytone if BECK wins.

Can you make me a wash cloth to dry my tears when nichijou loses ?

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

Can you make me a wash cloth to dry my tears when nichijou loses ?

yes but yo uhave to come and get it.

yes but yo uhave to come and get it.

I can do that I cry a lot I'm a clannad fan after all

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

Whelp, I decided on going with Noragami this week. I pretty much that at this point it's not going to win, but it looks the most interesting to me really, since I've seen Angel Beats, but then again I might have voted for it even if I didn't since it sounds more interesting than Angel Beats to me.

EDIT: Wow, this looks like the closest vote that I've seen in quite a while though for vote distribution.

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society

I can't believe people vote for Angel Beats...

It was simply too short to be good enough for Key-related work.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

^THIS^

A Key work is usually a 40-80 hour long VN compressed into a 24-50ep anime depending on the route taken.

^THIS^

A Key work is usually a 40-80 hour long VN compressed into a 24-50ep anime depending on the route taken.

Wasn't this their first original work? Or something line that.

Wasn't this their first original work? Or something line that.

It was their first anime-first work iirc...

Their first actual work (in the Visual Novel genre) would be Kanon...

source:http://vndb.org/p24

It was their first anime-first work iirc...

Their first actual work (in the Visual Novel genre) would be Kanon...

source:http://vndb.org/p24

Which is what I was referring to since anime is what I focus on primarily.

Which is what I was referring to since anime is what I focus on primarily.

I see...

I think that Key's weak point is writing a good story to fit in a 12-episode time frame... They make good VNs imo, and the anime sometimes don't give justice to the VN it is based on...

-but that's just my opinion

This poll is hard... Angel Beats and Kyoukai no Kanata on the same poll... . .. .. ..

*flip a coin*

Angel Beat it is.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

I don't do VN's, but I think Angel Beats' pacing is perfect for it's story. That's just my tastes though. Some anime are best long, but honestly, I find anime that are too long have less emotional impact story-wise than shorter anime. 

Best example I have is One Piece. I'm current on One Piece. Unfortunately, anything that is supposed to be significantly emotional is irrelevant because I know it's no where near over and major characters aren't going to die. Because that's how OP works. There are rare exceptions (War of the Best) but they are just that. Rare. So rare, you can count how many times they happen on one hand in the entire series. And don't even get me started on Naruto.

Whereas, short anime tend to be more realistic in the sense that people are going to die, important characters or not, and you can pretty much trust that they won't be Deus ex Machina'd back in later. 

VN's are probably different, but that's how I've observed anime to work, so I prefer shorter anime for emotional impact, and longer anime for the adventuring stuff (i.e. me not being attached to characters but events).

The only anime I've ever found that is the exception is Hunter X Hunter and that's why it's my favorite long anime. I am so depressed it's about to go on unknown length haitus. :(

This poll is hard... Angel Beats and Kyoukai no Kanata on the same poll... . .. .. ..

*flip a coin*

Angel Beat it is.

%D0%B4%D0%B5%D0%BF%D1%83%D1%82%D0%B0%D1%

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Loved Angel Beats but I have to go with Noragami since its "kinda like Bleach but its kinda not like Bleach" and I liked Bleach so I must watch it

Computer and other things (My Phanteks Enthoo Elite build is done)

Spoiler

Main Computer

Spoiler

Processor: Intel Core i7 6850k @4.5GHz
Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ROG Edition 10
Heatsink: Custom Hardline
Memory: Corsaor Dominator 16GB (4GB x2) DDR4 3000MHz 
Video Card: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
Hard Drive: x2 OCZ ARC 100 240GB RAID 0 (Boot), Western Digital 4TB SSHD (Steam), x2 Adata 512GB (Steam)
Main GUI: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

All That Extra Stuff

Spoiler

Monitor: x2 Dell U2414H
Keyboard: Ducky Shine 5 RGB (Cherry MX Blue)
Mouse: Logitech G502
Headset: AKG K553 Pro Studio Headphones
Speakers: Boston Accustics Home Media Theater 2.1 + Boston Accustics Soundbar
Microphone: Audio Technica AT-2035 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo
Sound: Creative Sound Blaster E5 DAC

Server

Spoiler

Case: Rosewill 4U Rackmount RSV-L4500

Processor: Intel Xeon E5-2670 V3 12C/24T

Motherboard: Asrock x99 Extreme 4

Ram: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2133 4x4GB

Video Card: Nvidia GT520

OS Drive: Kingston Hyperx 240GB SSD

Raid Card: LSI MegaRaid  9261-8i 8-port

Hard Drives: x7 HGST 4TB Nas

I don't do VN's, but I think Angel Beats' pacing is perfect for it's story. That's just my tastes though. Some anime are best long, but honestly, I find anime that are too long have less emotional impact story-wise than shorter anime. 

Best example I have is One Piece. I'm current on One Piece. Unfortunately, anything that is supposed to be significantly emotional is irrelevant because I know it's no where near over and major characters aren't going to die. Because that's how OP works. There are rare exceptions (War of the Best) but they are just that. Rare. So rare, you can count how many times they happen on one hand in the entire series. And don't even get me started on Naruto.

Whereas, short anime tend to be more realistic in the sense that people are going to die, important characters or not, and you can pretty much trust that they won't be Deus ex Machina'd back in later. 

VN's are probably different, but that's how I've observed anime to work, so I prefer shorter anime for emotional impact, and longer anime for the adventuring stuff (i.e. me not being attached to characters but events).

The only anime I've ever found that is the exception is Hunter X Hunter and that's why it's my favorite long anime. I am so depressed it's about to go on unknown length haitus. :(

You are mixing up length of anime with genre. You compare a typical LONG cash-cow-milking shounen anime with something much more enjoyable.

"Shorter anime is more realistic" is like "24fps is more cinematic/smooth 30fps experience".

It is scientifically proven that human eyes can't see more than 24 episodes per anime.

If it's long and pacing is bad; that's a pacing problem, not a length problem.

Longer anime have been better; such as Clannad, another anime, which is adaptation of the famous VN.

Angel Beats barely gave each side character one episode. Meanwhile EVERY sidestory in Clannad is touching your soul.

Kanon, Clannad, Busou Shishou, Busou Renkin(yes this mediocre-anime has something like a plot that isn't pure crap), Darker than Black, Universal Century Gundam Series, Fate/Zero...etc. (the list goes on forever)

All are about twice as long yet much better without 13-episode limit. They had time to develop character naturally(instead of throw in a background-story episode about one and remove character from anime like AB did, that's a cheap move which never produces as much feels as Clannad).

Back in the day, episode limit is cancer.

Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

-snip-

Hmm, I should probably start watching anime based on VN's then. I haven't seen any of those anime, for example. I'd watch Clannad, but knowing how a series ends usually ruins it for me.

Tbh though, I feel like fleshing out the characters might have made AB worse for me. Simply because I wanted to know more about them when they "left" if you know what I mean. That made the emotions quite a bit worse. Then again, I can't say I wouldn't have enjoyed it more if they had been fleshed out when I don't know what their stories were. 

I only know that I extremely enjoyed that anime as it was. And I think changing it would have made me enjoy it less.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Hmm, I should probably start watching anime based on VN's then. I haven't seen any of those anime, for example. I'd watch Clannad, but knowing how a series ends usually ruins it for me.

Tbh though, I feel like fleshing out the characters might have made AB worse for me. Simply because I wanted to know more about them when they "left" if you know what I mean. That made the emotions quite a bit worse. Then again, I can't say I wouldn't have enjoyed it more if they had been fleshed out when I don't know what their stories were. 

I only know that I extremely enjoyed that anime as it was. And I think changing it would have made me enjoy it less.

You can consult on me for some suggestions on that... Some of them are not of the best quality and only get to the juicy bits in the later episodes though,

-a better wording of views similar to mine-

Back in the day, episode limit is cancer.

Amen to that.

The problem that I see today is that most adaptations end up being 12ep and we're at a point that the producers are looking to adapt light novels, which can get really lengthy, into 12-24ep anime. The problem here would lie in the time limit. Let's take for example the To Aru series. This is a case of what I can say as good adaptation since they are able to pace the anime into arcs without changing too much from the light novel. A case of bad adaptation would be Oreimo where there is very little elaboration on some of the arcs and characters other than the main ones (I personally liked Kanako and Ayase). And the worst adaptation I have seen is the Futakoi which ends up as a generic open-ended harem anime only with twins.

I kinda feel bad that the not as well known series aren't doing so well on the poll x.x 

Beck and Nichijou  are great!

well to be fair there have been other anime with far fewer votes in the polls and even these 2 are only one vote away from having the same number of votes as The Irregular at Magic Highschool did when it won week 6

not sure why i watched that full thing in full screen but i do not regret it

Same here..Kind of made me sad when it ended but later felt relieved that it had ^_^

I kinda feel bad that the not as well known series aren't doing so well on the poll x.x 

Beck and Nichijou  are great!

Nichijou is well-known... to be a gag anime.

Nichijou is well-known... to be a gag anime.

And hows that a bad thing? I get quite a kick out of it.

And hows that a bad thing? I get quite a kick out of it.

It was a 4koma without much of a continous story.

It gets old when you realize(didn't take long) the only selling point is exaggeration of everyday life event; especially when trying to watch more than 1 episode in one sitting.

Even K-on! has a somewhat continuous story.