Dell T7810 with a standard power supply?

CloudX

I have a Dell T7810 workstation motherboard and I want to use a standard power supply but as I found online that the pinouts of the 24 pin cable are different from the standard power supply pins I have tried many times to get it working but it never worked 

anyone can help me out?

I found some helpful info online but it didn’t work for me 

IMG_0701.png

You'll need a depinning tool and ideally a multimeter.
If you have a multimeter you can inspect each pin on the existing PSU if that's still working. Make a map of the voltages (note the side that has the clip while doing this) and see if your graphic is correct
Then you can depin the existing connector and start harvesting powerlines from the standard 24pin and slotting them in where they are needed.
Assuming your image is correct....
That 12Vsb is a special line that is active even when the board is powered off. You might be able to get it to work with the existing 5vsb. 
Also there seem to be a LOT of 12V lines into that connector. at least 5 vs the 2 in a standard ATX pinout so you'll either have to bridge the line or harvest them from a 6pin pcie cable. 

ATX power supply pinout 24 and 20 pin

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

2 hours ago, OddOod said:

You'll need a depinning tool and ideally a multimeter.
If you have a multimeter you can inspect each pin on the existing PSU if that's still working. Make a map of the voltages (note the side that has the clip while doing this) and see if your graphic is correct
Then you can depin the existing connector and start harvesting powerlines from the standard 24pin and slotting them in where they are needed.
Assuming your image is correct....
That 12Vsb is a special line that is active even when the board is powered off. You might be able to get it to work with the existing 5vsb. 
Also there seem to be a LOT of 12V lines into that connector. at least 5 vs the 2 in a standard ATX pinout so you'll either have to bridge the line or harvest them from a 6pin pcie cable. 

ATX power supply pinout 24 and 20 pin

I did this and it didn’t work and the ram is getting very hot that I can’t even touch it so I turned off my pc 

Just now, CloudX said:

I did this and it didn’t work and the ram is getting very hot that I can’t even touch it so I turned off my pc 

"this" is pretty vague. What exactly did you do?

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

13 minutes ago, OddOod said:

"this" is pretty vague. What exactly did you do?

I did exactly as the following image says for the pins and got a got a DC TO DC 5v to 12v for the standby wires that’s all

IMG_0701.png

Ah
What does HWInfo say about the voltages it's seeing?

24 minutes ago, OddOod said:

Ah

BTW there is no display at all so how can I run the OS and use HWInfo 😂😅

6 hours ago, OddOod said:

Ah

I just found that the cpu cable also need to be modified 

in the image that I just provided the forth cable for 12v is not used in t7810 but in standard power supplies there is a 12v cable so I cut that wire and now the ram is not hot anymore but the issue is the cpu is not getting any power and still no post

IMG_0776.jpeg

18 hours ago, CloudX said:

BTW there is no display at all so how can I run the OS and use HWInfo 😂😅

SSH or VNC or other remote command. 

12 hours ago, CloudX said:

still no post

Wait, you can't get any post at all?
Do you have a functional powersupply that you are upgrading or is it more of a salvage job rather than a resuscitation?

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, OddOod said:

SSH or VNC or other remote command. 

Wait, you can't get any post at all?
Do you have a functional powersupply that you are upgrading or is it more of a salvage job rather than a resuscitation?

I have a brand new Fantech Shadow PSB 550 PSU that I’m trying to make it compatible with this T7810 workstation 

image.jpg

Edited by CloudX
Adding Image

Okay, let's make it VERY simple. Please answer both yes/no questions

Question 1: Do you have any power supply that by default, from the factory, powers the motherboard? 

Question 2: Have you ever gotten the machine to post with the modded power supply?

21 hours ago, OddOod said:

Okay, let's make it VERY simple. Please answer both yes/no questions

Question 1: Do you have any power supply that by default, from the factory, powers the motherboard? 

Question 2: Have you ever gotten the machine to post with the modded power supply?

For question 1 the answer is no

for question 2 after I figured out that the ram is the main reason I bought a new one and now everything seems fine but still have an issue 

after changing the ram now the screen is getting signal that means the machine is running fine with the modded PSU but the issue is a black screen 

no post errors or bios or even Dell logo so I think it’s a GPU issue so now I’ll have to check if the GPU is working properly on another computer 

What slot is the GPU in?