Seagate Ironwolf HDD's not recognized

Go to solution Solved by Ryker Robb,
59 minutes ago, playerjuantwentyjuan said:

Thank you for the suggestion but the partition manager route didn't work. I tried Seagate's DiscWizard partitioning tool and it still doesn't recognize disks 3 & 4, so I tried the suggested Paragon (good suggestion btw) but alas the same outcome. 

If this helps at all: the boot drive is listed as disk 5 in all tools but in all partition managers disks 3 & 4 are nowhere to be found. So even when disks 3 & 4 arent shown they are recognized in the numbering of disks.  

Did you check storage spaces in control panel?

Hey there forum community, I hope someone can help me get these new hard drives recognized:

I have two new Seagate Ironwolf 4TB hard drives that are not showing up in the Windows 10 disk managment tool, previously cold spares stored in my office. One new "certified return" Seagate Ironwolf 4TB hard drive that is showing up in disk management. THE WEIRD THING IS all three drives show up in the SeaTool disk utility, no new drivers are coming up when I search them on Seagate's website and I have tried several different cable configurations and confirmed there are no bad ports on the motherboard. What the heck?! 

My existing WD HDD array is almost full and I wanted to upgrade to a raid 5 configuration on the three Ironwolf drives so I could add drives in the future to the array but I'm getting tripped up on the starting line. 

SeaTools.PNG

Disk Management.jpg

I've had an issue with new drives not showing up in the windows disk manager. I had to use a partition manager from Paragon I think, It's been awhile since I installed it. But I used it to format the drives and as soon as their tool ran the drives showed up and worked fine.

Thank you for the suggestion but the partition manager route didn't work. I tried Seagate's DiscWizard partitioning tool and it still doesn't recognize disks 3 & 4, so I tried the suggested Paragon (good suggestion btw) but alas the same outcome. 

If this helps at all: the boot drive is listed as disk 5 in all tools but in all partition managers disks 3 & 4 are nowhere to be found. So even when disks 3 & 4 arent shown they are recognized in the numbering of disks.  

59 minutes ago, playerjuantwentyjuan said:

Did you check storage spaces in control panel?

HA, There they are!

I deleted the pool they were in and I was able to access them in disk manager. Thank you both for your help!