Here’s why iPhones are better

James
24 minutes ago, asus killer said:

i really don't get how a Apple vs Android video must exist just because Linus had the audacity to criticize a iphone model. Makes no sense at all, like the video, clickbait and flame wars fuel.

Agreed. He criticizes every phone and company, what is special about apple that they need their own positive video?

What flagship android phone is not usable after 6 years? My Sony Xperia Z still works great and gets updates and it is 6 years old now :)

WORST VIDEO IN A LONG TIME.

Dont say what you think people would like to hear, say what you think.

Otherwise you can feel the dishonesty and it is very bad.

Also: Background music was distracting.

I disliked because you are just playing the audience and this video has the most obvious points.

support, i agree but longevity is kinda a stretch the nexus 4 is on pie 9.0 unofficial using roms while the iphone 5 is stuck on ios 10. also would you really want to use a 6 year old phone? apple also doesn't port features, i have an old nexus 6p test phone that has portrait mode, 60 fps 1080p video, HDR plus using a modded camera. 

https://chromloop.com/2018/03/apk-camera-nx-7-4-base-google-camera-5-2-features-bring-back-hdr-nexus2015/  

message- use whats app or telegram, i personally use android messages https://messages.android.com/ it works on mac and windows. 

end of the day get whatever makes you happy

1 hour ago, poochyena said:

Agreed. He criticizes every phone and company, what is special about apple that they need their own positive video?

views, bashing/ loving apple gets you views.

Jebus all the apple haters are here.

Phew. 

Essentially what it boils down to is this. Android often has the newest features, but apple polishes the hell out of everything before they release it, so the iPhone is nicer to use. Better, faster UI and better integration with their computers. 

1 minute ago, corrado33 said:

apple polishes the hell out of everything before they release it

Yup, like phone that didn't charge and needed an update or macbook that throttled and needed a fix or when they released macbooks pro and trackpad had issues so it also needed a fix and.... should I continue? 

31 minutes ago, borus87 said:

Some of those arguments are a stretch at minimum. For example:

• How is "android is mostly open source" an argument for better iPhone? Like what... the fact that Android may have (and not even always do) some parts that are 3rd party locked is bad, but somehow iOS that is completely locked by Apple is somehow a good thing?
  • "no 3rd party apps on iOS makes it secure". So if USA bans cars it will be good because there will be no accidents? Don't want crap on your phone don't install something you are not sure about from an APK you downloaded from www.totallylegitfreeapps. com . Then if you want to... you can! And how is this bad?
  • 6 years longevity huh? Sure... if you get it 6 times to iSpot for repairs (or once or twice to Louis Rossmann). Or "you can just upgrade" ;)
  • Migration argument is also wired. So when you go from Apple to Apple it's great. Well... if you go from X to X or Y to Y or any other SAME BRAND to SAME BRAND it's also seamless. If you went from Apple to Samsung that wouldn't work would it? Then again even with different brands Google ecosystem makes it almost seamless...

1. People often say that android being open source is better. Linus is simply pointing out that the android you get is NOT open source. It's closed source and the edits done by the manufactures are NOT open source. So in reality, it's just as bad as apple. Sure, you can see what the base code SHOULD be, but that's not always what you get.

2. People are stupid and download stupid apps all the time. That's not possible on Apple. You give too much credit to the general public.

3. Both of my iphones have lasted 5 years each. And neither were the flagship models.

4. He's arguing that it's a more polished process with apple, not that you couldn't do it with android. And what he says is true. It IS more polished. 

2 minutes ago, borus87 said:

Yup, like phone that didn't charge and needed an update or macbook that throttled and needed a fix or when they released macbooks pro and trackpad had issues so it also needed a fix and.... should I continue? 

....Software.... Everything you mentioned is hardware. And would you... LIKE me to go over all the android hardware failures over the last 5 years? Including one so bad it got BANNED from air travel? 

Very good video, unfortunately Linus forgot how bias the forum is lol. Just a few things as usual

- Very surprised about the mute button thing. It was on the iPhone because it was on the iPod - very handy too.

- You can install apps from a non-official App Store and even jailbreak from them. They are pretty sketchy though.

For everyone else just keep in mind that this is the reasons from the forum itself, and Linus happens to voice the ones he agrees with - most of them with solid evidence. 

2 minutes ago, corrado33 said:

....Software.... Everything you mentioned is hardware. And would you... LIKE me to go over all the android hardware failures over the last 5 years? Including one so bad it got BANNED from air travel? 

Listen I get it... everyone F's up, but don't put Apple on pedestal as some magical unicorn that does everything so awesome. TBH. for basically ONE product and ONE operating system they F up more than they should. And they are often way behind competition in terms of basic features - like the new iOS 12 only now got automatic updates... like come on... 

PS. how is it hardware if all of it was fixed by a FIRMWARE (software) update?

1 minute ago, borus87 said:

Listen I get it... everyone F's up, but don't put Apple on pedestal as some magical unicorn that does everything so awesome. TBH. for basically ONE product and ONE operating system they F up more than they should. And they are often bay behind competition in terms of features - like the new iOS 12 only now got automatic updates... like come on... 

You do realize that hardware faults are often due to bad batches of parts, and often have absolutely nothing to do with design right? In that case, I'd imagine that apple would have the same number of hardware screw ups as any other reasonably designed company produce per unit produced. 

27 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

Very good video, unfortunately Linus forgot how bias the forum is lol. Just a few things as usual

- Very surprised about the mute button thing. It was on the iPhone because it was on the iPod - very handy too.

- You can install apps from a non-official App Store and even jailbreak from them. They are pretty sketchy though.

For everyone else just keep in mind that this is the reasons from the forum itself, and Linus happens to voice the ones he agrees with - most of them with solid evidence. 

Bias? The video seems more scripted or forced, and he's seemingly going back on his objective opinion of what he doesn't like about the iphone. LTT either needs to not do phone vids at all or stop trying to generate flame wars for clicks and maybe instead put out a video of what he does and doesn't like to avoid any confusion.

3 minutes ago, borus87 said:

Listen I get it... everyone F's up, but don't put Apple on pedestal as some magical unicorn that does everything so awesome. TBH. for basically ONE product and ONE operating system they F up more than they should. And they are often way behind competition in terms of basic features - like the new iOS 12 only now got automatic updates... like come on... 

PS. how is it hardware if all of it was fixed by a FIRMWARE (software) update?

He never said Apple was perfect, or even put it on a pedestal. He's pointing out some of Android flaws.

MacBook Air M1 / Steam Deck

It's funny how he's getting bashed here for saying positive things about apple while being praised for creating a 15 minute video just saying bad things about them?

I never expect a reviewer to say "iPhone XS / XS Max are 100% worth the money" because they are not. They are ridiculously expensive and you can get OP6 for almost half the price.

But, it's also ridiculous to say that note 9 is way more worth it than XS Max because I find both of them balance each other out. If you are someone who wants all the bells and whistles but barely even care about software updates, note 9 is the better option but iPhones will get iOS updates for years and you can get an entirely new software experience with your old iPhone by just updating your OS, which is my main reason of spending more money to get iPhone XS Max over Note 9.

10 minutes ago, corrado33 said:

You do realize that hardware faults are often due to bad batches of parts, and often have absolutely nothing to do with design right? In that case, I'd imagine that apple would have the same number of hardware screw ups as any other reasonably designed company produce per unit produced. 

And yet you wanted to mention "that phone that got banned from flight"... huh... is it me or someone here is favoring one over the other? Because either everyone can screw up the same and it's same issue for everyone or it isn't. Don't tell me that when samsung got shitty batteries form their supplier it's bad, but when apple gets bad parts it's ok. That is what I'm talking about - blind fanboy-ism! Someone screws up? Booo. Apple screws up? Ohh... it was a bad part from bad batch, from a bad supplier, but Apple is still good. Come on!

13 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

I disliked because you are just playing the audience and this video has the most obvious points.

support, i agree but longevity is kinda a stretch the nexus 4 is on pie 9.0 unofficial using roms while the iphone 5 is stuck on ios 10. also would you really want to use a 6 year old phone? apple also doesn't port features, i have an old nexus 6p test phone that has portrait mode, 60 fps 1080p video, HDR plus using a modded camera. 

https://chromloop.com/2018/03/apk-camera-nx-7-4-base-google-camera-5-2-features-bring-back-hdr-nexus2015/  

message- use whats app or telegram, i personally use android messages https://messages.android.com/ it works on mac and windows. 

end of the day get whatever makes you happy

You're comparing modded/hacked phones to off the shelf phones/software. Seems a bit... unfair don't it? 

image.png.c8bb3f02d638b2f5e5de82ff39c32327.png

Not only are Apple devices not safer Apple doesn't need to release information about breaches or vulnerabilities till they wish or till said people (even some bad ones) release the fact they've known it for ages possibly collecting your data... I think this has happened in the past, and will more than likely happen again...

Also the perception? PERCEPTION! That's a load of crap, it was deliberately done by Apple... To FORCE users into stores to be sold a new device! Nothing in the notification stating your battery is turning to shit come in for a new one or your performance could suffer...

This video is by far worst than the original... 

Btw those perceptions caught the eyes of the government... THATS why everyone has seen improvements, not because they improved the OS but because they have removed bottlenecks.

YouTube Premiere has no place on most LTT content. However, I can see its usefulness for long-format or non-standard release cycle videos. I've seen creators who release weekly utilize this feature with success, but daily content doesn't really need a "premiere".

1 hour ago, Daniel644 said:

don't do this garbage

I agree, and I am now doing a silly face to the monitor.

Customers are really not that good at purchasing.

1 hour ago, Cereal5 said:

Apple is really good at over charging for their phones

I always knew that many in Linus’s audiences treat his platform as a PCMR/Android safe space and all things Apple are their trigger warnings. Talk about sensitive snowflakes. 

14F5A908-8E64-4838-BAF5-57E7680959C2.jpeg

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

Just now, captain_to_fire said:

PCMR/Android safe space and all things Apple are their trigger warnings. Talk about sensitive snowflakes. 

What does PCMR mean?

LOL

Its that day in age I guess, just shrug it off, no big deal.

I agree with the points made in the video. Those 10 reasons are perfectly good examples of why so many people buy, use and enjoy their devices.

However, the combination of the title + sponsorship + not hating on Apple for the sake of it + Premiere absolutely fucked this video. It let people react early through the live chat, creating a massive echo chamber of spamming '?' emojis, the most lovely counterargument on the Internet.

As for the Premiere format, it's great for creators IMO because that way they can almost assure that people who want to watch a well edited video "live" don't skip over the ads, and can also have people reacting to the video being played while staff members are engaged in the conversation too (you can see LinusTechTips replying to some comments live, that's terrific). Just use it moderately so that people don't get pissed off.