Here’s why iPhones are better

James

For people saying he made this video to please the fanboys, do realize that gamer oriented tech channels such as LTT have fanbases that boiled down, are toxic anti-Apple circle jerks

I use an iPhone 7 and my Snapchats and Instagram Lives look so much better than my Brother's Note 9, I can take a picture of a problem set and airdrop it right to my Macbook. I can screen record without it looking like a VHS home video. I can tell the rest of my family through an iMessage group chat during a Cross Country tempo run that I'm going to be late for dinner, on my watch, and I'm making Thanksgiving cards for friends using family photos off of a single iCloud family backup.

At the end of the day, these are the things that matter to me.

I don't pixel peep, I don't envy the Snapdragon 845 for being a couple milliseconds faster, I don't desire that extra 3 gigs of ram for when I have a million apps open and need to get back to one and can't wait 3 seconds, I don't want five hours of screen on time because I have a life. I don't want a new launcher or a new skin because mine was designed to appeal to nearly every user.

I want to play iMessage pool with my girlfriend and I want to run squads on Fortnite when we have a sub. 

Yesterday we had a group project for AP Modern World and nearly 90% of the class was on ONE facetime call for around 20 minutes. It was a riot. 

I used to love this community. I was on that grind at whole foods to save up for that GTX 1070ti. You guys taught me how to choose the right MOBO and where each PCI header went. 

Its gotten toxic, it really has. The difference between phones in terms of speed is down to fractions of a second. Speedtests are breeding grounds for hate, and you honestly need to ask yourself if you're just an enthusiast, or encroaching on elitist because you know more than the average consumer. Sounds a little paternalistic to me... 

I know the specs. I know I'm being scammed, I know that I'm a sheep for not choosing the better option, I know that Apple is literally Nazi Germany and their existence is a plague to society 

Yet somehow I'm not too bothered by it. 

2 minutes ago, OnyxArmos said:

Quickly, get behind the hate shield! I prefer iPhone over Android too :(  *grabs*

tumblr_p67fbqz04x1rxy3lqo1_500.gif

But seriously, why so many dislikes on the video? He makes valid points...

He talks all the pros, but no cons at all. It feels like this is an Apple fanboy video. 

10 minutes ago, OnyxArmos said:

I thought he made this video showing the positives because he made a few videos that were purely negative about the iPhone XS and he wanted to try and give it a fair trial?

image.png.681baf7460594ffa8e2e1860b4bdea0f.png

But I feel like Apple pays him well to make this video ?. I see a clickbait title in the 2nd video.

I still going for Android because at least smartphone repair store can fix the phone fine. Unlike Apple prohibited smartphone repair stores to fix the IPhone ?. Let's alone Apple slowdown older IPhone because the battery becomes crap. ?

1 minute ago, OnyxArmos said:

I thought he made this video showing the positives because he made a few videos that were purely negative about the iPhone XS and he wanted to try and give it a fair trial?

Spoiler

image.png.681baf7460594ffa8e2e1860b4bdea0f.png

Those were hardly even negative but I guess it's subjective, the iphone xs already had tons of review videos by the time Linus covered it.  I mean if you wanna hear glaringly 100% positive "JUST BUY IT" reviews you're gonna be watching an apple youtuber anyways. The "Even apple doesn't care" one being some objective criticisms which enough people got offended over apparently enough for another video.

1 hour ago, Blademaster91 said:

Bias? The video seems more scripted or forced, and he's seemingly going back on his objective opinion of what he doesn't like about the iphone. LTT either needs to not do phone vids at all or stop trying to generate flame wars for clicks and maybe instead put out a video of what he does and doesn't like to avoid any confusion.

That’s up to Linus to clarify for himself. Don’t try and speak for him.

It’s almost laughable that Apple would sponsor and script a LTT video.

6 minutes ago, DaPhuc said:

- Android owners dislike this video -

Wrong I hate apple and I disliked BOTH videos. Linus took several things and twisted them in this video towards those who like Apple, basically being a Apple buyout (worst than a fanboy) turning a blind eye on several things, more importantly the whole software battery performance issue enforcing Apples anti consumer practices. No one should tolerate that kind of crap whether you buy a iPhone or buy a Android, you buy a phone trusting the company to push proper updates not updates that cripple your phone because you repaired a stupid button somewhere other than Apples special stores or because your battery has 50% life left in it so they cripple your phone 50%, nor should any media outlet support said actions (claiming perception w/o even knowing the facts about it even tho they covered it is still supporting anti-consumerism).

I've also stated (in the other topic) my hatred to the notch and Apple as a company more so than the actual product.

6 minutes ago, OnyxArmos said:

But seriously, why so many dislikes on the video? He makes valid points...

Actually out of all the points he made, maybe a few are true towards Apple only... Yes a lot of Apps go Apple first yes you have the imess with face emojis (forgive me about mis names but I'm not wasting my bandwidth for garbage more than I have too, or at least not till 2 AM when I have no download caps). But Apples OS is not safer because it is closed source therefore gives them no reason to actually fix complex bugs (or any for that matter) in a timely manner if at all, MS Windows has vulnerabilities that could last years for hackers before they are announced to the public, who says Apple is any different?

He also goes on and compares Apple to Apple then compares Sammy to Sammy as a android comparison, who the hell does that? Obviously Sammy is going to do their damnedest to get shit right between models... He should have done LG to Moto trust me I've done it, it was hell, and not everything worked right. Face it our Linus is just a big suck up to who ever gives him free crap to review, or at least that is how it fells like now... This time he triggered both sides so badly it's not even funny anymore...

Like I said I don't hate Apple products I hate Apple the Company. If Apple was bought out co-op by several companies, kept the iOS designs but opened up the doors to consumerism and removed the apple tax I might just actually buy one. Reality is that won't happen, at least it wont unless Apple falls...

5 minutes ago, OnyxArmos said:

I'd rather they slow down the battery than..

Ummm I'd be worried about the quality of the battery then more than anything else Linus might have gotten wrong here...

2 minutes ago, Egg-Roll said:

Wrong I hate apple and I disliked BOTH videos. Linus took several things and twisted them in this video towards those who like Apple, basically being a Apple buyout (worst than a fanboy) turning a blind eye on several things, more importantly the whole software battery performance issue enforcing Apples anti consumer practices. No one should tolerate that kind of crap whether you buy a iPhone or buy a Android, you buy a phone trusting the company to push proper updates not updates that cripple your phone because you repaired a stupid button somewhere other than Apples special stores or because your battery has 50% life left in it so they cripple your phone 50%, nor should any media outlet support said actions (claiming perception w/o even knowing the facts about it even tho they covered it is still supporting anti-consumerism).

I've also stated (in the other topic) my hatred to the notch and Apple as a company more so than the actual product.

Actually out of all the points he made, maybe a few are true towards Apple only... Yes a lot of Apps go Apple first yes you have the imess with face emojis (forgive me about mis names but I'm not wasting my bandwidth for garbage more than I have too, or at least not till 2 AM when I have no download caps). But Apples OS is not safer because it is closed source therefore gives them no reason to actually fix complex bugs (or any for that matter) in a timely manner if at all, MS Windows has vulnerabilities that could last years for hackers before they are announced to the public, who says Apple is any different?

He also goes on and compares Apple to Apple then compares Sammy to Sammy as a android comparison, who the hell does that? Obviously Sammy is going to do their damnedest to get shit right between models... He should have done LG to Moto trust me I've done it, it was hell, and not everything worked right. Face it our Linus is just a big suck up to who ever gives him free crap to review, or at least that is how it fells like now... This time he triggered both sides so badly it's not even funny anymore...

Like I said I don't hate Apple products I hate Apple the Company. If Apple was bought out co-op by several companies, kept the iOS designs but opened up the doors to consumerism and removed the apple tax I might just actually buy one. Reality is that won't happen, at least it wont unless Apple falls...

Ummm I'd be worried about the quality of the battery then more than anything else Linus might have gotten wrong here...

You are my man! 

9 minutes ago, OnyxArmos said:

You traitor ? No Pumpkin Pie for you this Halloween >:( 

But really, I've never seen this many people angry with Linus at once. People either calling him an Applefanboy, Android shill, he makes videos explaining both sides of the argument I don't see what he's doing wrong :/ 

I don't like pumping pie anyway. I like calcium for my bones. 

4 minutes ago, OnyxArmos said:

You traitor ? No Pumpkin Pie for you this Halloween >:( 

But really, I've never seen this many people angry with Linus at once. People either calling him an Applefanboy, Android shill, he makes videos explaining both sides of the argument I don't see what he's doing wrong :/ 

That's ok I have Pumpkin Pie, it's actually hard to find right now for some reason this year ?

It's because in both videos he got things wrong, imo this video is worst by trying to appease apple users... Which I guess it does to a degree, but what's better? licking the wounds or slashing your body making new ones? Apparently Linus was a Emo in school...

Oh wait:

Image result for linus sebastian

3 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

That’s up to Linus to clarify for himself. Don’t try and speak for him.

It’s almost laughable that Apple would sponsor and script a LTT video.

I'm just wondering why he would make a vid of his own opinions of a phone then go back on it because one side got upset. Phones are boring to me, so I don't get why people fanboy for phones so much. If it works as a phone,can do messages and youtube without lagging, has a decent enough camera, and gets me though the day i dont care lol.

Not saying it's sponsored by Apple at all, but I can see them making a video like this to keep getting review samples which i get because paying for $1,400 phones does add up.

14 minutes ago, Blademaster91 said:

I'm just wondering why he would make a vid of his own opinions of a phone then go back on it because one side got upset. Phones are boring to me, so I don't get why people fanboy for phones so much. If it works as a phone,can do messages and youtube without lagging, has a decent enough camera, and gets me though the day i dont care lol.

Not saying it's sponsored by Apple at all, but I can see them making a video like this to keep getting review samples which i get because paying for $1,400 phones does add up.

I don’t think you heard what he said in the video

2 hours ago, Egg-Roll said:

....Apple doesn't need to release information about breaches

Ummm, no, they have a legal obligation to divulge of any data breaches within...I think it's 90 days in the US, like every other company. 

2 hours ago, Egg-Roll said:

or vulnerabilities till they wish or till said people (even some bad ones) release the fact they've known it for ages possibly collecting your data... I think this has happened in the past, and will more than likely happen again...

The same applies to literally any other company in existence. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

1 hour ago, poochyena said:

That first argument was mindblowingly awful. An iphone is safer because you can't download anything not from the apple store? I mean that statement is literally true, but in the same way that a car without an engine is safer than one with. Safer, but not better at all.

This analogy is mindblowingly flawed. Is a car without an engine still a car? Sure, it still works downhill.

Now, is a smartphone with a locked, trusted, secure, but single, source of software not a smartphone anymore? If not, I can't but agree with you.

1 hour ago, borus87 said:

[...]

• "no 3rd party apps on iOS makes it secure". So if USA bans cars it will be good because there will be no accidents? Don't want crap on your phone don't install something you are not sure about from an APK you downloaded from www.totallylegitfreeapps. com . Then if you want to... you can! And how is this bad? [...]

No 3rd party app SOURCES. iPhones as every other smartphone device thrive with 3rd party software. The same software you can get for an android device, you can find on the appstore, this is another flawed analogy. What you do not get is the possibility to install software from non trusted sources.

Now, I do understand why users would like to get software from other sources, but I do also understand what the appstore accomplishes.

I like to see it this way: Apple is acting as a "root" trusted source for software, and it makes sense to trust apple because you already trust them to build the device you buy. They provide services, bandwidth, rules for app developers and enforces them (like it or not), and you do pay for that. Developers get a single place where to sell their software, and they also pay for everything apple does on their behalf (taking a cut from every sale).

There is someone checking (to the best of their ability) that software you get from that single trusted source is safe (enough?). And this is huge, because phones contain more personal information than other devices, phones are communication devices, the actual devices you use to do most of your communications (unless you only do emails).

What is the alternative? More app stores? So now you have to trust even more people to to the "right" thing, and they have to earn a living. Disabling all the added safety you get to install untrusted software, on such a sensitive device? I can't afford to own 2 phones, one with trusted software, another with random APKs. I can see a solution, it probably is re-inventing Windows, by having trusted publishers, and pop-ups warning you about trusting unsafe software developers, not reading and always clicking yes.

Is this any better? Finally, how is apple's track record on security? Better, worse, same as Windows? Better, worse, same as Android? Does this approach work or not?

I understand your point, you have less control on your device (I avoid the word complete, because you do not have complete control anyway). What do you get in return?

1 hour ago, borus87 said:

[...]

• How is "android is mostly open source" an argument for better iPhone? Like what... the fact that Android may have (and not even always do) some parts that are 3rd party locked is bad, but somehow iOS that is completely locked by Apple is somehow a good thing? [...]

How is "android is mostly open source" an argument for better android? Being open source just makes it better? When and where have you seen a common android device without closed source parts? There are closed parts even down to the kernel, with binary blobs for hardware support (first one that comes to mind is GPU blobs), and no one knows (beside who made them) what they do.

And what is this "kernel" thing in android phones? When you make a device, you choose an SoC (that is cpu, gpu, "chipset", ...). The kernel version you get is what the SoC vendors gives you, it is not the latest and it is significantly different from upstream linux. Then you add your stuff to it (drivers, more blobs, whatever is needed). Then you ship your device. You make your kernel sources available online. Nobody (besides you) reviewes the changes you made because nobody other than you is using them, nobody other than you knows if your stuff is secure, you do not get the help of the linux community with your custom version.

Now, a new vulnerability shows up. If your SoC vendor gives you a patch, great. You now have to apply it for every device you shipped, and it may not be that easy, because you may need to change the stuff you previously added. Your SoC vendor does not give you a patch? Don't expect to be able to take an upstream one, because your kernel is both too different from upstream and too old, meaning even more different, you will have to write it yourself. Multiply that for every device you ship. Every manifacturer has to do this dance, by themselves. Does this seem maintanable? Juicy source here: https://youtu.be/RKadXpQLmPU?t=1113 (at least 5 minutes), then demo: https://youtu.be/RKadXpQLmPU?t=2662

As you can see, releasing sources is not enough. Open source is better when it works, not when everybody does its thing, duplicating work.

All of this is only about the kernel, then there are all the other things that android is made of.

1 hour ago, initialatom said:

This felt like Linus was forced to read a script with a gun pointed at his head. Prefer to hear Linus' actual opinion and not the opinion of the angry apple fanboy mob.

image.png.90b728d862294db50d5097248ed23d98.pngProbably a laser gun?

2 hours ago, RorzNZ said:

[...]

- Very surprised about the mute button thing. It was on the iPhone because it was on the iPod - very handy too.

[...]

Its a mechanical switch, maybe it's still expensive even in volume to make a precise enough and reliable enough. And you also have to test it in some way, not manually.

4 hours ago, poochyena said:

That first argument was mindblowingly awful. An iphone is safer because you can't download anything not from the apple store? I mean that statement is literally true, but in the same way that a car without an engine is safer than one with. Safer, but not better at all.

It's also not true. The Apple Store, just like the Google Play Store and Microsoft Store post 8.1, has a shit ton of malware, that while we'll probably recognize it, most people won't question that iPhone Cleaner with the Windows XP logo or why there's hundreds of flashlight apps.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

21 minutes ago, 79wjd said:

Ummm, no, they have a legal obligation to divulge of any data breaches within...I think it's 90 days in the US, like every other company. 

The same applies to literally any other company in existence. 

You know how easy it is to remove such knowledge? Oops deleted email or what unregistered letter? But it isn't data breach if the bug allows the "hacker" to take control over the phone to cluster crypto mine, so long no personal data is transmitted.

The thing is unless someone keeps a record of the same issue until it goes public no one will know, it doesn't matter what the law says, once a breach is discovered publicly if no proof is discovered on their end there is no conviction. Even then the fines they would get are hilariously low to them like for MS, so tell me what consequence is there if they don't do it? one worker goes to jail? Nah, they'll get fired, everyone will forget, they will get rehired or hired somewhere else...

If it is cheaper to sweep under the rug than to fix the issue Apple will choose the cheaper option, they are anti-consumer after all, so expect them to do untrustworthy things. Hell they can announce it on day 89 but not release the fix for 2 years claiming "complications" as the cause... (unless I'm missing something there, but for apple it would likely be accepted) By that time who will remember the issue? Well next to those malicious people that is...

10 minutes ago, fulminemizzega said:

Its a mechanical switch, maybe it's still expensive even in volume to make a precise enough and reliable enough. And you also have to test it in some way, not manually.

The mute toggle from the 6 onwards can absolutely go fuck itself. It is so stupidly easy to toggle it accidentally when slipping the phone in and out of a pocket.

1 minute ago, Egg-Roll said:

You know how easy it is to remove such knowledge? Oops deleted email or what unregistered letter? But it isn't data breach if the bug allows the "hacker" to take control over the phone to cluster crypto mine, so long no personal data is transmitted.

The thing is unless someone keeps a record of the same issue until it goes public no one will know, it doesn't matter what the law says, once a breach is discovered publicly if no proof is discovered on their end there is no conviction. Even then the fines they would get are hilariously low to them like for MS, so tell me what consequence is there if they don't do it? one worker goes to jail? Nah, they'll get fired, everyone will forget, they will get rehired or hired somewhere else...

If it is cheaper to sweep under the rug than to fix the issue Apple will choose the cheaper option, they are anti-consumer after all, so expect them to do untrustworthy things. Hell they can announce it on day 89 but not release the fix for 2 years claiming "complications" as the cause... (unless I'm missing something there, but for apple it would likely be accepted) By that time who will remember the issue? Well next to those malicious people that is...

But again, all of that applies equally to every company in existence. There is nothing unique about Apple in that regard -- except that they have shown their reluctance/refusal to weaken security just because someone asked them too. Not to mention their efforts to constantly improve security to stupid levels. So, I would still very much so trust Apple more than Google/Microsoft/Samsung/et al. in terms of my data.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Going against the grain of apparently the entire general LTT fan base but I thought this video had great points and was worth while. I also actually like the premiere feature on YouTube. If I catch it live, that’s cool because I can read along with the chat. If not I’ll wait 3 minutes and watch it from start to finish. 

Y’all are a bunch of fucking cry babies who are afraid of change and also honest debate. Going back to the floatplane threads now, sheesh. 

2 hours ago, Chokondis said:

For people saying he made this video to please the fanboys, do realize that gamer oriented tech channels such as LTT have fanbases that boiled down, are toxic anti-Apple circle jerks

I use an iPhone 7 and my Snapchats and Instagram Lives look so much better than my Brother's Note 9, I can take a picture of a problem set and airdrop it right to my Macbook. I can screen record without it looking like a VHS home video. I can tell the rest of my family through an iMessage group chat during a Cross Country tempo run that I'm going to be late for dinner, on my watch, and I'm making Thanksgiving cards for friends using family photos off of a single iCloud family backup.

At the end of the day, these are the things that matter to me.

I don't pixel peep, I don't envy the Snapdragon 845 for being a couple milliseconds faster, I don't desire that extra 3 gigs of ram for when I have a million apps open and need to get back to one and can't wait 3 seconds, I don't want five hours of screen on time because I have a life. I don't want a new launcher or a new skin because mine was designed to appeal to nearly every user.

I want to play iMessage pool with my girlfriend and I want to run squads on Fortnite when we have a sub. 

Yesterday we had a group project for AP Modern World and nearly 90% of the class was on ONE facetime call for around 20 minutes. It was a riot. 

I used to love this community. I was on that grind at whole foods to save up for that GTX 1070ti. You guys taught me how to choose the right MOBO and where each PCI header went. 

Its gotten toxic, it really has. The difference between phones in terms of speed is down to fractions of a second. Speedtests are breeding grounds for hate, and you honestly need to ask yourself if you're just an enthusiast, or encroaching on elitist because you know more than the average consumer. Sounds a little paternalistic to me... 

I know the specs. I know I'm being scammed, I know that I'm a sheep for not choosing the better option, I know that Apple is literally Nazi Germany and their existence is a plague to society 

Yet somehow I'm not too bothered by it. 

it gets "toxic" because by people continuing  to support apple is pretty terrible. i don't care about benchmarks or speed or any of that junk what i care about is what apple does which is stopping people from repairing their own devices and actively fighting people who want to repair iphones instead of tossing them in the garbage the issue is how apple abuses the people in their own ecosystem causing clear symptoms of stockholm syndrome since if you wanted to get out you'd no longer be able to use airdrop or the click that is imessage. the other thing is i could build a baller gaming machine for the same price as a iphone. do what you want but just know that your supporting a company that tramples on peoples rights.

4 minutes ago, Alaradia said:

it gets "toxic" because by people continuing  to support apple is pretty terrible. i don't care about benchmarks or speed or any of that junk what i care about is what apple does which is stopping people from repairing their own devices and actively fighting people who want to repair iphones instead of tossing them in the garbage the issue is how apple abuses the people in their own ecosystem causing clear symptoms of stockholm syndrome since if you wanted to get out you'd no longer be able to use airdrop or the click that is imessage. the other thing is i could build a baller gaming machine for the same price as a iphone. do what you want but just know that your supporting a company that tramples on peoples rights.

Oh yes, Google is a saint of a company.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

Just now, 79wjd said:

Oh yes, Google is a saint of a company.

thats my point im not supporting other companies i'm specifically talking about apple. 

There are two reasons that I prefer the iPhone to Android that Linus did not mention:

1. Android creepily tracks your location, everywhere you go, and sends that information to Google even with location tracking disabled. There are a number of articles on the subject, Google says they will stop, but have not yet. Also, the tracking feature works even in Airplane mode and without a SIM card. There is a youtube video entitled "Google is tracking you. Even when you're in Airplane Mode" by Victorio Novikos that gives a pretty clear demonstration where he walks around with two Android phones with no SIM cards, one in Airplane mode and one without. The message the phone sent showed exactly where he went, how long he stayed there, and even the mode of transport, despite the fact that he went to places that you would not expect to be tracked, like a school and a church. I think this would make an interesting Tech Tip Video.

2. Funnily enough, for exactly the opposite reason, Find My iPhone and Find My Friends - I can easily track my iPhone's location using iCloud or an iPhone for a family member. I don't know about you guys, but in my family phones get misplaced all the time, left in cars, or whatever. A couple of click tracks its location within a couple of meters or send out a chime to find it (as long as it is powered on). I have an Android phone and an Android tablet, and there are some similar apps, but they do not work as well.

So, to sum up, I like tracking/being tracked by my family, but that sentiment does not extend to multi-billion dollar corporations that have strong ties to the government.

3 minutes ago, QuixoticRogue said:

There are two reasons that I prefer the iPhone to Android that Linus did not mention:

1. Android creepily tracks your location, everywhere you go, and sends that information to Google even with location tracking disabled. There are a number of articles on the subject, Google says they will stop, but have not yet. Also, the tracking feature works even in Airplane mode and without a SIM card. There is a youtube video entitled "Google is tracking you. Even when you're in Airplane Mode" by Victorio Novikos that gives a pretty clear demonstration where he walks around with two Android phones with no SIM cards, one in Airplane mode and one without. The message phone the sent showed exactly where he went, how long he stayed there, and even the mode of transport, despite the fact that he went to places that you would not expect to be tracked, like a school and a church. I think this would make an interesting Tech Tip Video.

2. Funnily enough, for exactly the opposite reason, Find My iPhone and Find My Friends - I can easily track my iPhone's location using iCloud or an iPhone for a family member. I don't know about you guys, but in my family phones get misplaced all the time, left in cars, or whatever. A couple of click tracks its location within a couple of meters or send out a chime to find it (as long as it is powered on). I have an Android phone and an Android tablet, and there are some similar apps, but they do not work as well.

So, to sum up, I like tracking/being tracked by my family, but that sentiment does not extend to multi-billion dollar corporations that have strong ties to the government.

apple also tracks your location..... at least with android you can easily disable it

for finding your phone just type in google find my phone and the find my phone link will appear and that lets you do the same stuff as find my iphone no addon app needed