1000$ build for new pc user

Budget: Between $1000 and $1100 USD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Fortnite, Minecraft, R6S, 

Other details: The build is for my friend who has never used a PC before. He's going to play at 1080p 165hz for the time being, and he also needs to buy windows 11 I assume, and since I never had to do that I would like some help finding the cheapest way to get windows on his PC as he is upgrading from nothing. 

Just wondering if any changes should be made to this list.

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Redization/saved/vCZkD3

2 minutes ago, joshization said:

Budget: Between $1000 and $1100 USD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Fortnite, Minecraft, R6S, 

Other details: The build is for my friend who has never used a PC before. He's going to play at 1080p 165hz for the time being, and he also needs to buy windows 11 I assume, and since I never had to do that I would like some help finding the cheapest way to get windows on his PC as he is upgrading from nothing. 

Just wondering if any changes should be made to this list.

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Redization/saved/vCZkD3

Cheaper case can be used, windows 11 is free from the windows website you just download it, I'm assuming you mean a windows key which can be bought for like $15 USD on cdkeys or stuff like that. What I would change is the case, it's quite an expensive case for the budget. Otherwise the list looks pretty decent for the use cases.

My First PC
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x
Cooler: Asus TUF Gaming LC240
Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix B550-f gaming
RAM: 4x8 GB Corsair Vengeance RS (3200 MHz, CL16)
Storage: 1tb Samsung 980 Pro
Graphics Card: Asus Dual RTX 2060 OC
Case: Deepcool Matrexx 50
Power Supply: Corsair RM650x
Headset: Razer Blackshark V2
Keyboard: Corsair K70 Pro Mini (Speed Silver switches)
Mouse: Razer Viper Mini
Only changes I have made is I sold the 2060 for $235 AUD and bought a Powercolor Red Devil 6700 XT for $400 second hand (it was barely used, think I scored a deal on Ebay with that).
I'm learning video editing and trying to get some cash as a high school student.
I like F1, my favourite team is Scuderia Ferrari and favourite driver is Charles Leclerc. Favourite track is Red Bull Ring in Austria.
Playing with a 1080p 60hz monitor right now, hoping to upgrade to a 1440p 144hz one soon.

Living in AU and that pisses me off since every event is late at night or early in the morning (almost every F1 race starts around 11 PM AEST time)

3 minutes ago, PcBeExpensive said:

Cheaper case can be used, windows 11 is free from the windows website you just download it, I'm assuming you mean a windows key which can be bought for like $15 USD on cdkeys or stuff like that. What I would change is the case, it's quite an expensive case for the budget. Otherwise the list looks pretty decent for the use cases.

Thanks. Do you have any recommendations for cases that are easy to build in? I picked that because I figured there would be a lot of online resources about how to build in it, as its a really popular one. 

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/6cfxJy

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 7600X 4.7 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($168.49 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE 66.17 CFM CPU Cooler  ($33.90 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: ASRock B650 PG LIGHTNING ATX AM5 Motherboard  ($149.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: TEAMGROUP T-Force Delta RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Memory  ($106.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Crucial P3 Plus 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($117.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: XFX Speedster QICK 319 Core Radeon RX 6750 XT 12 GB Video Card  ($299.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: Phanteks XT PRO ATX Mid Tower Case  ($49.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic FOCUS GX 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($74.99 @ Newegg) 
Case Fan: Thermalright TL-C12C X3 66.17 CFM 120 mm Fans 3-Pack  ($11.90 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1014.23
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2024-05-21 20:17 EDT-0400

5 minutes ago, joshization said:

Thanks. Do you have any recommendations for cases that are easy to build in? I picked that because I figured there would be a lot of online resources about how to build in it, as its a really popular one. 

I dont think i know many cases that are harder or easier to build in. My friend recently built in the H5 flow and said it was great. Is that cheaper than the 4000d?

My First PC
Only changes I have made is I sold the 2060 for $235 AUD and bought a Powercolor Red Devil 6700 XT for $400 second hand (it was barely used, think I scored a deal on Ebay with that).
I'm learning video editing and trying to get some cash as a high school student.
I like F1, my favourite team is Scuderia Ferrari and favourite driver is Charles Leclerc. Favourite track is Red Bull Ring in Austria.
Playing with a 1080p 60hz monitor right now, hoping to upgrade to a 1440p 144hz one soon.

Living in AU and that pisses me off since every event is late at night or early in the morning (almost every F1 race starts around 11 PM AEST time)

5 minutes ago, BentleyOwen123 said:

atx board for atx case, 3 extra fans

not necessary, the motherboard OP had originally chosen in a great motherboard.

My First PC

5 minutes ago, BentleyOwen123 said:

atx board for atx case, 3 extra fans

whats wrong with a micro atx board in an atx case?

38 minutes ago, joshization said:

whats wrong with a micro atx board in an atx case?

looks odd, you can get more connectivity on atx, more fan headers etc.

4 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/pckHMV

7700x + 6800 + 32gb 6000c32

microcenter 7700x bundle for cpu mobo and rams

all around upgrade with everything but the psu upgraded cause the psu is actually really good value (750w with a 10 year warranty for 20$ less than an 850w)

this is a great option 

16 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/pckHMV

7700x + 6800 + 32gb 6000c32

microcenter 7700x bundle for cpu mobo and rams

all around upgrade with everything but the psu upgraded cause the psu is actually really good value (750w with a 10 year warranty for 20$ less than an 850w)

That’s an awesome deal. Unfortunately I don’t have a microcenter anywhere near me.

1 minute ago, joshization said:

That’s an awesome deal. Unfortunately I don’t have a microcenter anywhere near me.

lame, microcenter needs to branch out

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: *Intel Core i5-12400F 2.5 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($127.99 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: *Thermalright Assassin X Refined SE ARGB 66.17 CFM CPU Cooler  ($18.89 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: *ASRock Z690 PG Riptide ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  ($125.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: *Silicon Power XPOWER Turbine 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($50.97 @ Amazon) 
Storage: *Silicon Power UD90 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($108.99 @ B&H) 
Video Card: *XFX Speedster SWFT 210 Radeon RX 7600 XT 16 GB Video Card  ($319.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: *Deepcool CC560 V2 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($59.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: *SeaSonic FOCUS GX 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($74.99 @ Newegg) 
Monitor: *MSI G2412F 24.0" 1920 x 1080 180 Hz Monitor  ($109.00 @ MSI) 
Total: $996.80
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
*Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria
Generated by PCPartPicker 2024-05-21 21:55 EDT-0400

1 hour ago, joshization said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/9gHqz6

non microcenter version though you only get a 7600

can fit a 7700 if you ditch the cooler and use the stock wraith prism which is a pretty good stock cooler