Ethernet slower on Wired PC than WiFi on phone.

Hi. Have been dealing with this issue for a few weeks. My wired connection to my PC can be spotty for hours on end--packet loss, latency, etc. My connection never drops though. When I go to test my speeds, I am getting 30mbps down and like 2 up (my plan is for 500 down). On my phone though, while this is happening on my PC, is totally normal--getting my 500mbps and not slow or anything.

I understand on the surface it seems like my PC is to blame, but I can assure that I have tested everything I can from a consumer's side: checking cables, ports, router settings, etc. I made another post on reddit and someone suggested PingPlotter, and the results from that seemed inconclusive to me at least; no packet loss on my first hop from my router. My ISP issued me a new router after I asked, but the problem persists. I am reluctant to directly ask my ISP because each time I go through their support, they "test" and tell me there are no issues they can see. I'm not sure how else to describe the issue. PC wired bad, WiFi phone good.

PC Specs:

Win 11 64 bit

ASUS z790-Plus WiFi (yes I tested the WiFi, same issue)

Intel i7-13700K

RTX 3080

Can you see connectors on pc if its showing green or orange.

Basically green is good orange is also good but slower.

It's possible that ethernet connector is broken, you can try updating ethernet drivers by looking up motherboard.

It's also possible that you're aren't getting correct dhcpd configuration to have stable connection, manually setting it may help.

Else can't think of right now.

I'm jank tinkerer if it works then it works.

Regardless of compatibility 🐧🖖

10 minutes ago, BoomerDutch said:

Can you see connectors on pc if its showing green or orange.

Basically green is good orange is also good but slower.

It's possible that ethernet connector is broken, you can try updating ethernet drivers by looking up motherboard.

It's also possible that you're aren't getting correct dhcpd configuration to have stable connection, manually setting it may help.

Else can't think of right now.

Greens all around, updated my drivers already. What settings would I be looking for?

Need more additional info like

Does adapter tell you what speed its on,

Like 100mbit or 1gig

You can view your ethernet configuration by going CMD and enter ipconf and see if its correct to you.

Look for any additional errors or information about adapter.

Like going to system then devices you'll get devices list and select your ethernet adapter and see all info you need.

Windows is showing 2500mbps on my adapter, that is also what the port on my router is rated as.

Are there any other diagnostic tests I can perform?

11 minutes ago, loooother said:

Windows is showing 2500mbps on my adapter, that is also what the port on my router is rated as.

Are there any other diagnostic tests I can perform?

Unfortunately i don't, the most common issue is to me is either system corruption or configuration is wrong or cable is broken or adapter is broken.

Only speed test i know of is steam download or speedtest.net

However if your adapter does say it's having 2,5 gig speed, it should be working accordingly, it could be something else issue.

How old is your windows?

How full is your system.

Is your cpu usage normal?

How many software is running in background.

Is your system optimal?